Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the
bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from the Dwait stage, where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities, graduates to Vishishta Adwait, a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/fraction of Him and finally reached to the Adwait stage where he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods
themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they
are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the
key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your
tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from the Dwait stage, where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities, graduates to Vishishta Adwait, a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/fraction of Him and finally reached to the Adwait stage where he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods
themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they
are life.

key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

No I don't agree. For several reasons.
-First, religious people.... all religious people pick and choose those things that reinforces their idea of Jesus. There are plenty of things in the NT that when looked through modern eyes are simply immoral. treatment of woman immediately spring to mind.
-Second Jesus clearly felt that the OT had a prominent place in Christianity to. A book that is even more immoral.
- Third. I've yet to see ANY clear evidence that the person of Jesus even existed, since none of the NT was written before 70 AD. This means it has no more actual value then for instance Aesop Fables.

I was raised Roman Catholic in Europe, a place where the emphasis of the religion is clearly based on reading of the bible in an allegorical way. Yet they expect that you pretend that the stories in the NT are real. That is schizophrenic not logical.

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

No. We’re just creatures. We came from dust and will return to dust

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

No. I don’t agree. The Gnostics were reprehensible. They got what they deserved.

And you don’t Hinduism either.

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

-First, religious people.... all religious people pick and choose those things that reinforces their idea of Jesus. There are plenty of things in the NT that when looked through modern eyes are simply immoral. treatment of woman immediately spring to mind.
-Second Jesus clearly felt that the OT had a prominent place in Christianity to. A book that is even more immoral.
- Third. I've yet to see ANY clear evidence that the person of Jesus even existed, since none of the NT was written before 70 AD. This means it has no more actual value then for instance Aesop Fables.

I was raised Roman Catholic in Europe, a place where the emphasis of the religion is clearly based on reading of the bible in an allegorical way. Yet they expect that you pretend that the stories in the NT are real. That is schizophrenic not logical.

24,000 written manuscripts say otherwise.

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

I have no argument of your moral view of the bible.

I added the Hindu and Gnostic Christian thinking to show the universality of the thinking that humans are the final arbiters of morality and thus Gods in our own rite.

It is a rite of passage that you have reached by your own methods. You may not call yourself God but if you can define God as the best rules and laws to live by, you will see that your ideology can be seen as or called your God.

Unfortunately many can't as religions have put God up there somewhere, while the truth is that he is within all of us.

Regards
DL

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

I agree, and so are the supernatural imaginary Gods.

Did someone help you with that reply? It did not have a built in lie the way most of your garbage has.

Back on ignore, so do not expect a reply to your denial or insult, that I am sure you will put.

Regards
DL

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

I added the Hindu and Gnostic Christian thinking to show the universality of the thinking that humans are the final arbiters of morality and thus Gods in our own rite.

It is a rite of passage that you have reached by your own methods. You may not call yourself God but if you can define God as the best rules and laws to live by, you will see that your ideology can be seen as or called your God.

Unfortunately many can't as religions have put God up there somewhere, while the truth is that he is within all of us.

Regards
DL

I reject the idea of God in the first place. I don't need a supernatural explanation of my sense of right or wrong. To be honest it was that realization, that made me break from Catholicism and become an atheist. I see the New Testament as at best a tool to learn some lessons of morality but only if you don't think it serious. Much like some fairy tales can hold moral lessons. It seems to me that giving God the credit for being a good person is superfluous and a little bit demeaning.

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Those 24000 manuscripts how many are first hand accounts? How many are people retelling stories? Who selected those stories as being genuine? How many translations did they go through before you read them? In short what are the sources, and how do you judge them to be reliable?

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I reject the idea of God in the first place. I don't need a supernatural explanation of my sense of right or wrong. To be honest it was that realization, that made me break from Catholicism and become an atheist. I see the New Testament as at best a tool to learn some lessons of morality but only if you don't think it serious. Much like some fairy tales can hold moral lessons. It seems to me that giving God the credit for being a good person is superfluous and a little bit demeaning.

I agree. All I suggest and preach is that we can think more deeply, Gnosis to Gnostic Christianity, by meditation.

As an atheist, I hope you approve of the atheist churches that are popping up as well as the logic used by atheists in creating them. I am not an atheist but support that 100%.

Regards
DL

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Those 24000 manuscripts how many are first hand accounts? How many are people retelling stories? Who selected those stories as being genuine? How many translations did they go through before you read them? In short what are the sources, and how do you judge them to be reliable?

Regards
DL

>>> "The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one. "

Using a false premise to connect Christianity with other religions kind of invalidates a lot of other conclusions of yours. (imo) Too bad your "gnosticism" hasn't even gotten you to the basics. What's with your obsession with this "imaginary" friend of ours, anyway?

>>> "The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one. "

Using a false premise to connect Christianity with other religions kind of invalidates a lot of other conclusions of yours. (imo) Too bad your "gnosticism" hasn't even gotten you to the basics. What's with your obsession with this "imaginary" friend of ours, anyway?

The bible connects Christianity to other religions, as it was meant to do when putting together many of the older and wiser thinking systems.

That is why I used the bible quotes in the O.P. If you never took a comparative religion course, then that would explain your poor sight.

As to my obsession and hate of Yahweh and Allah. All moral people will hate them.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values - Top Documentary Films

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

I agree, and so are the supernatural imaginary Gods.

Did someone help you with that reply? It did not have a built in lie the way most of your garbage has.

Back on ignore, so do not expect a reply to your denial or insult, that I am sure you will put.

Regards
DL

Which means you are an atheist. Thank you.

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

It seems to me you are uneasy with your decision.

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I agree. All I suggest and preach is that we can think more deeply, Gnosis to Gnostic Christianity, by meditation.

As an atheist, I hope you approve of the atheist churches that are popping up as well as the logic used by atheists in creating them. I am not an atheist but support that 100%.

Regards
DL

You absolutely are an atheist. :lol:

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Please do tell, what gives you that idea?

are life.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Because you are here discussing something you don't believe exists. If you didn't believe it existed you wouldn't be wasting time talking about it. It's like a cry for help.

Regards
DL
Because you are here discussing something you don't believe exists. If you didn't believe it existed you wouldn't be wasting time talking about it. It's like a cry for help.
Interesting argument. It is of course not possible that I'm on a forum like this because I like to argue? By the way, by that reasoning why are you answering me? You have faith right? Why trying to defend it against me? Uncertain about it's validity, maybe?

Regards
DL
Interesting argument. It is of course not possible that I'm on a forum like this because I like to argue? By the way, by that reasoning why are you answering me? You have faith right? Why trying to defend it against me? Uncertain about it's validity, maybe?
Yes, it is an interesting observation

Why do you need to argue about something you don’t believe exists? You can’t make an affirmative case for your belief. You can’t prove a negative.

Yes, I have faith. It doesn’t bother me that you don’t.

You can only defend what is being attacked. Why do you attack it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back