Have you ever liked someone...

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... and I mean like a friend (or otherwise) ... doesn't really matter if friend or lover, whatever .... anyway....

Have you ever liked someone that does and says things you don't like and/or are not interested in, and you can't figure out why you like that person and/or are drawn to them?

.... do not walk to the nearest exit! ;)

No. I have friends who do things I like or approve, and I have friends who don't. There is a shared interest or goal that bonds us.

I would not call them a friend to begin with, but yes there have been times that has occurred and when it has it was time for introspection and finding out what was going on with me rather than look at the other person.

I would not call them a friend to begin with, but yes there have been times that has occurred and when it has it was time for introspection and finding out what was going on with me rather than look at the other person.

I actually think this is pretty profound .... they say, opposites attract. I don't think they LAST, but the psychology behind that is curious. The draw. How can you dislike so many things about someone, but still feel a draw. I have met people that I immediately want nothing to do with them once I find out things about them - but then every once in a blue moon, you run into someone one and it's like "why do I like this person"... ?

Maybe it's their personality - or maybe they are even manipulative.. ?

I actually think this is pretty profound .... they say, opposites attract. I don't think they LAST, but the psychology behind that is curious. The draw. How can you dislike so many things about someone, but still feel a draw. I have met people that I immediately want nothing to do with them once I find out things about them - but then every once in a blue moon, you run into someone one and it's like "why do I like this person"... ?

Thank you

I am far from perfect and more human than most which means I need to examine what I am about especially if and when I find myself in a situation as you posed. Last thing I need is another person's bag of shit to carry around. If they are not compelling me to be better than I was before I met them then they are trying to drag me down.

It is my responsibility to identify and avoid those wasteful types of situations. In the best case it is a mild annoyance, in the worst case it could lead to a negative life changing event.

Last edited:

Thank you

I am far from perfect and more human than most which means I need to examine what I am about especially if and when I find myself in a situation as you posed. Last thing I need is another person's bag of shit to carry around. If they are compelling me to be better than I was before I met them then they are trying to drag me down.

It is my responsibility to identify and avoid those wasteful types of situations. In the best case it is a mild annoyance, in the worst case it could lead to a negative life changing event.

I'm not necessarily talking about someone negative.
Just someone totally different. Hard to explain without being specific....

Forum List

Back