Have you ever known someone who murdered somebody?

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
I can now say that I have/do.

After calling my boss to let him know I was working on a scheduled day off, he asked if I heard about what happened with this guy we both know. Thinking he might have been in serious car accident, I learned that he was arrested for beating his ex GF to death.

It was a sobering reminder of what some people are capable of doing. People who you thought would never do anything like that.

After calling my boss to let him know I was working on a scheduled day off, he asked if I heard about what happened with this guy we both know. Thinking he might have been in serious car accident, I learned that he was arrested for beating his ex GF to death.

It was a sobering reminder of what some people are capable of doing. People who you thought would never do anything like that.
Why did he do it?

....most of the people that know serial killers say the same thing--'''I never knew./never thought this or that'''''''...''he was a nice guy''''

I had a buddy in high school that turned into a meth kingpin in, I think st louis? Cant remember. Anyway he is now in federal prison for robbery and murder. Before that he owned multiple businesses and was worth millions.
He was a dick but we had fun fucking shit up back in the day.
The new revelations werent very surprising lol

Yes, I know 2. One just got into a bar fight he hit someone who fell wrong.

The other guy was an ex-teammate of me (soccer). Can't say that one really surprised me he had a vicious temper and killed his girlfriend.

Oh, how sad. :(

Why did he do it?
I have no idea.

No, but I knew someone that was very close whom was murdered.

I got my first electric guitar from an older kid? (16 year old) guy / kid that we only knew from church.

A woman was shot in the face with a shotgun, in front of her kid, for (if memory serves) less than 20 dollars. The kid claimed he was only driving the car all the way up to court. Turned out, he pulled the trigger and it was his dad's gun. His family sold everything, lost everything, trying to defend their son.

Worked out of town and shared a motel room with fellow worker who just got out of prison. He did 20years for killing a man . It was a fight over a woman.

This guy didn’t try hiding anything. He even left a signed note apologizing for what he did and asked for forgiveness.

No, but I knew someone that was very close whom was murdered.
Same. A taxi driver who rented his condo....and fucked it up...filthy Paki. A religion of peace. piece. When I want back he was not to be found. Ida give him the same.

Yes, a student and a client. Not personal friends.
The client got a dumbed down charge, was out in a couple of years and then beat the shit out of his girlfriend. Guy had a temper.

Yes.

The convicted murderer is long since deceased - old age.

He was an ordinarily gentle soul who was betrayed by someone in authority and when government had no interest in hearing about it he took things into his own hands.

He knew it was wrong and he accepted his sentence - was a model prisoner. At the time I was doing radio news. To do a story on the state's prison system it was set up that I spend a day and night "inside" and experience the whole process. I was made that person's cellmate for the duration - it was about 36 hours total. Had no problems - was amazed at the respect he was shown by other inmates.

His thoughts on the death penalty? It was a state where, even that long ago there was none. He wished there were one. He felt he would have accepted it though under the circumstances of his crime he probably would still have gotten "life". But he felt there were quite a number of others "inside" who felt no remorse and would kill anyone or anything for any reason or none at all. That nobody could be safe as long as they lived.

He had a point.

Yes, actually. In the earlier parts of my career, I was a floating clerical temp for Tucson Unified School District. I got a long-term assignment to a middle school on the south side of the city, to be their attendance clerk while they looked for a permanent candidate.

It was a depressing job in many ways, because there were so many kids whose parents neither knew nor cared where they were or what they were doing. I remember one girl who dropped out because she was pregnant . . . for the third time. In middle school.

One of my duties was to drop students from the rolls after they racked up a certain number of unexplained absences, and after I had exhausted all attempts to get an explanation from the parents. Right before Christmas break that year, I dropped a girl I'll call GC from the rolls because she had missed almost two weeks of school, without a word from her or her parents as to why. We finally got hold of her mother and asked why she wasn't in school, and her answer was, "How the fuck I know where she is?"

Over the Christmas break, I was watching TV, and the top news story was that GC - who was 14 - had been arrested and was being charged for murder (which explains why she hadn't been in school). Seems she'd been walking late at night down a street known for its hookers, and had let a guy pick her up and drive her out in the desert for sex, then pulled a gun to rob him and shot him in the back as he tried to run away. After that, she stole his truck, went and picked up her best friends, and went joyriding until they crashed the truck.

She was released after serving 20 years.

Forum List

Back