Have you ever felt that NO Church group really practices Christianity very well so why bother?

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Have you ever felt that NO Church group really practices Christianity very well so why bother?

Well, probably most Christians feel that way at one time or another.. Some leave their church and find another and some just leave altogether.

I don't think it is a good idea to ditch going to church altogether, for good and always.. But I also don't think church-hopping is as bad as some think... Sometimes you have to find yourself..

I know that doesn't sound very Catholic of me, but I am not talking about finding yourself inthe sense of making up new doctrines.. No, doctrines are already etched in stone (for Catholics). You can't re-invent the wheel. But.. I guess what I'm saying is that.. What the heck am I saying?

i really don't know... just my thoughts for the moment

Well, probably most Christians feel that way at one time or another.. Some leave their church and find another and some just leave altogether.

I don't think it is a good idea to ditch going to church altogether, for good and always.. But I also don't think church-hopping is as bad as some think... Sometimes you have to find yourself..

I know that doesn't sound very Catholic of me, but I am not talking about finding yourself inthe sense of making up new doctrines.. No, doctrines are already etched in stone (for Catholics). You can't re-invent the wheel. But.. I guess what I'm saying is that.. What the heck am I saying?

a lot of really "religious" people are hypocrites.....and we all know what God thinks about them.....

Funny thing. Less than an hour ago as I was driving through central AL, we passed what had to be at least 20 different churches. All with different names, and therefore denominations. It seems like Christianity is one of the least unified religions out there. Though it does seem to have Lego appeal. You can make your own version to suit your taste, and start a church to promote it…

a lot of really "religious" people are hypocrites.....and we all know what God thinks about them.....
yes, but EVERYONE is a hypocrite (just some worse than others). The liberals are not Christian but they are the biggest liars/hypocrites you can find

Funny thing. Less than an hour ago as I was driving through central AL, we passed what had to be at least 20 different churches. All with different names, and therefore denominations. It seems like Christianity is one of the least unified religions out there. Though it does seem to have Lego appeal. You can make your own version to suit your taste, and start a church to promote it…
well, maybe that is not an entirely bad idea... except that there is only ONE Church founded by Christ. All the other pretenders, as it were, are Christian communities, not churches.

I just don't think it's a bad idea for people to form groups of like-minded folks to.. support ea other... do good works that Jesus said to do..

Sadly, I am no stranger to flip flopping here in my area, but the church that I have been going to these days has been my church for at least five years now which is the biggest number of years that I have spent going to any church consecutively.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You don’t get out much. I haven’t found ONE, out of hundreds, that practice Christianity as prescribed…

I've seen some extreme examples, but mostly I not looking for excuses to cast doubt on people's Faith'

not as bad as some of the die hard so called Christians are......
they are worse

they sit in judgment of Christians yet couldn't do anything Jesus said if they were paid for it.

well, maybe then... if the price were right

it's a people thing, not a Christian people thing

People in general are... well, look @ a crucifix.. Jesus had to go through all THAT to save our sorry asses...

(sorry about the choice of words, Jesus... you deserve better. But humans, on the other hand.. kinda don't. Thanks for loving us sorry... uh... humans anyhow)

I felt that way until I found the Orthodox Church 13 years ago.

Sadly, I am no stranger to flip flopping here in my area, but the church that I have been going to these days has been my church for at least five years now which is the biggest number of years that I have spent going to any church consecutively.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I like logical religion, which is why I am a SSPX Catholic

I used to defend the "other" Catholic Church, the one most people see in society.. but I began to accumulate a lot of... bad images, thoughts, ideas, SUSPICIONS... etc... long stories..

Then I read a book that changed my life: The Horn of the Unicorn about Archbishop Lefebvre who defied Vatican II...

never knew much about Vatican II until I read that book (and some others), but NEVER liked the changes made by that (non-dogmatic) Council (just had a strong feeling something was amiss).... come to find out: Things are worse than I suspected...

But even in the SSPX you find some nefarious stuff..

2 words: human beings

sigh... OK, those words don't suffice bc there ARE some good ones.. The thing is, people hear the Words of Christ at just about any Church or supposed church.. It is practicing those Words that is the problem... and yes, i know how difficult practicing can be... not saying it is easy at all...

God bless

Last edited:
I felt that way until I found the Orthodox Church 13 years ago.
I've heard good things about the Othodox Church, have never been to one or never attended a whole "service".. Do they call them Masses?

The only problem I can see is that I believe they are in schism?

If they are in schism against the novus ordo "church" -- no problem because the Vatican II church is itself in schizm... from Tradition, from all the popes who came before that Council.. from Truth, from Jesus Christ

so there's that..

they are worse

they sit in judgment of Christians yet couldn't do anything Jesus said if they were paid for it.

well, maybe then... if the price were right

Said the man that started a thread, for the sole purpose of other Christians.

Just saying.

Forum List

Back