Have you ever been locked out of your home?

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
That's what I was dealing with yesterday after spending a night out with friends.

When I got home, the electronic lock started flashing red and wouldn’t open. Thats when I knew I was fucked. I also knew the key I needed to override the lock was locked inside the house.
I finally found an unlocked window I could climb through.

After searching the house for that key, I finally found it in the one place where it made sense.... the car. lol

As long as you have a physical key to override the electric lock, any criminal can open your door with a bump key. That makes your electric lock useless.

Had to break into my own Apartment one time; it was both the nexus of moronic behavior on my part (I had locked my house keys and car keys in my car), a hilarious attempt to finesse the window out of it’s pane which ended up with an even more comedic cut on my knee and hand, what I think is dutiful attention by my neighbors who called the police—who showed up something like 20 minutes after I committed B&E—way to go guys.

I broke into the apartment, bled all over the place, took my spare keys to my car, got my keys, left a blood trail both ways….and was washing my wounds when the cops came into the house with pistols drawn. It was before the Internet so I still got all of my bills in the mail—thank goodness; how else would I independently be able to prove I lived there outside of my license—which really doesn’t convey that I am the primary resident come to think of it.

All because I locked my keys in my car and it was cold enough to make me commit what I assume is a felony. LOL.

As long as you have a physical key to override the electric lock, any criminal can open your door with a bump key. That makes your electric lock useless.
Gotta buy the right lock.

Get a lever tumbler lock, at least a five lever. My insurance company required it.

She changed the locks on my back door, now my key won’t fit no more

Well I don’t want to be mean or anything but if you leave windows unlocked who needs a key?

Yes! Just within the last year! My sister from Florida was visiting and she shut the door behind her when we went out on the deck... it was in the Locked Position!!!

The Kitchen sink window was opened but it was 7 ft up and I am only 5' 3''.... there was a step stool outside but that did not help much...my sister tried to lift and push me up high enough to reach the ledge of the window but she still and I still could not get me high enough....

the hubby was at work, 30 miles away and my sister did not have her cell phone on her and unless we wanted to walk a mile or 2 to a neighbor with a phone we were sh*t out of luck!

And on top of all of that, even if I could get to the ledge of the kitchen window, I have a really tall faucet over the sink so I would need to sliver in through half the window space due to this faucet blocking the way in....

I wish we had a video of the ordeal for us to laugh at now!!! :lol:

Oh my gosh!
I don't know what happened, cause I really am not that strong..... but somehow I caught the ledge of the window and did some Herculean maneuver and pulled myself up enough to get my body to where my head and shoulders were inside half of the window and with my sister pushing and finally I got on to her shoulders to steady myself a little and ended up slivering through head first, and without breaking the faucet in the way!!!

It was a MIRACLE!!! :D

That's what I was dealing with yesterday after spending a night out with friends.

When I got home, the electronic lock started flashing red and wouldn’t open. Thats when I knew I was fucked. I also knew the key I needed to override the lock was locked inside the house.
I finally found an unlocked window I could climb through.

After searching the house for that key, I finally found it in the one place where it made sense.... the car. lol
I keep a hidden key outside for such events.

Yes! Just within the last year! My sister from Florida was visiting and she shut the door behind her when we went out on the deck... it was in the Locked Position!!!

The Kitchen sink window was opened but it was 7 ft up and I am only 5' 3''.... there was a step stool outside but that did not help much...my sister tried to lift and push me up high enough to reach the ledge of the window but she still and I still could not get me high enough....

the hubby was at work, 30 miles away and my sister did not have her cell phone on her and unless we wanted to walk a mile or 2 to a neighbor with a phone we were sh*t out of luck!

And on top of all of that, even if I could get to the ledge of the kitchen window, I have a really tall faucet over the sink so I would need to sliver in through half the window space due to this faucet blocking the way in....

I wish we had a video of the ordeal for us to laugh at now!!! :lol:

Oh my gosh!
I don't know what happened, cause I really am not that strong..... but somehow I caught the ledge of the window and did some Herculean maneuver and pulled myself up enough to get my body to where my head and shoulders were inside half of the window and with my sister pushing and finally I got on to her shoulders to steady myself a little and ended up slivering through head first, and without breaking the faucet in the way!!!

It was a MIRACLE!!! :D
Houdini

Forum List

Back