Have we become a better nation by deviating from the intent of our founders?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Over the years politicians have pushed their agendas and sold us on twisted bullshit and snake oil in order to amend our constitution....have these amendments made us a better nation as a whole?
Let’s be brutally honest and candid here...no pussified PC bullshit please.

Over the years politicians have pushed their agendas and sold us on twisted bullshit and snake oil in order to amend our constitution....have these amendments made us a better nation as a whole? Let’s be brutally honest and candid here...no pussified PC bullshit please.
I'll be honest, but you need to be, too. The subject line says "intent", as if there was only one. The FFs had many intents. Some made it into the Constitution, some didn't. It's disingenuous to say there were all of the same mind and that there is some sort of inviolable "intent" that's being disregarded.

Over the years politicians have pushed their agendas and sold us on twisted bullshit and snake oil in order to amend our constitution....have these amendments made us a better nation as a whole? Let’s be brutally honest and candid here...no pussified PC bullshit please.
I'll be honest, but you need to be, too. The subject line says "intent", as if there was only one. The FFs had many intents. Some made it into the Constitution, some didn't. It's disingenuous to say there were all of the same mind and that there is some sort of inviolable "intent" that's being disregarded.

Nobody here has time for hair splitting semantics...playing stupid is not adding something of value. Try harder.

Over the years politicians have pushed their agendas and sold us on twisted bullshit and snake oil in order to amend our constitution....have these amendments made us a better nation as a whole?

The Founding Fathers, being far wiser than you understand that times changed and that is why they added an amendment process but made it a very high bar to reach.

To answer your question, yes the country is better off with more than white males who own land being able to vote.

Yes, the country is better off without the right to own another human being.

Thanks for asking!

Yes, we have become a better nation; despite the many flaws we still endure. Racism and Sexism to name a couple.

I believe we still have lots of work to do. But maybe it will take a nation to pull together to do so. Whether that happens, that is up to the rest of the nation to do so.

There are those who don't want the nation to do better. Maybe, they believe that we could do much better if we don't even exist at all.

Hell no, we need to get this train back on the tracks from the derailment caused by decisive, self serving, political assholes.

oh we totally fucked up bro

The founders would of already started shooting and hanging mofos by now

The Founding Fathers, being far wiser than you understand that times changed and that is why they added an amendment process but made it a very high bar to reach.

To answer your question, yes the country is better off with more than white males who own land being able to vote.

Yes, the country is better off without the right to own another human being.

Thanks for asking!

NO, NO, NO...,we can’t go on a ‘because a megalomaniac says so’ sort of thing...SHOW us that we are better as a whole for deviating from our framers original intent. Do so...PLEASE because I’m locked and loaded with statistics and facts to show you otherwise....Please don’t pretend you didn’t see this post...stay engaged.

The constitution was a guideline, not a rulebook.Shit changes in 250 years, they knew that. My guess is they would be awe struck that it held together this long. Pretty sure they would be pissed at the leftards tho, for being such moronic cocksuckers and not seeing whats in front of their stupid faces.

We are a far better Nation today, consistent with the original intent of the Founding Generation – a Nation more inclusive, more diverse, where the rights and protected liberties of all citizens are recognized and respected – not just the rights and protected liberties of white Christian men.

We are a far better Nation today, consistent with the original intent of the Founding Generation – a Nation more inclusive, more diverse, where the rights and protected liberties of all citizens are recognized and respected – not just the rights and protected liberties of white Christian men.

Cool story....so how has inclusion and diversity made us better as a whole?
What makes you think this nation wasn’t better off staying an all white Christian nation? Have you studied facts and statistics related to white Christians versus statistics related to other ‘groups’?
It’s getting real fucking scary isn’t it?

The "inviolable intent" is encompassed in the language of the Constitution. Whatever individual opinions they may have had, that is what they signed into law. That is the binding national agreement.

All other such interests are open to discussion, and may be altered, passed or repealed through the amendment process only, not through arbitrary case law or precedence or fiat of a given era. That it happens does not make it constitutionally legal.

NO, NO, NO...,we can’t go on a ‘because a megalomaniac says so’ sort of thing...SHOW us that we are better as a whole for deviating from our framers original intent. Do so...PLEASE because I’m locked and loaded with statistics and facts to show you otherwise....Please don’t pretend you didn’t see this post...stay engaged.

Something do not need to be explained. If you cannot grasp why it is better to not own other human beings, then no words I put down will change a thing.

If you do not think that your wife and daughter should be allowed to vote, then nothing I can say will ever change that.

But, hey...please break out the statistics and facts that show it is better to be able to own other human beings than not being able to....I will be waiting

Nobody here has time for hair splitting semantics...playing stupid is not adding something of value. Try harder.
I wasn't splitting hairs. Since you seem to have problems with the English language, let me make it plain. You're lying and have a lot of nerve asking others to be honest.

The "inviolable intent" is encompassed in the language of the Constitution. Whatever individual opinions they may have had, that is what they signed into law. That is the binding national agreement. All other such interests are open to discussion, and may be altered, passed or repealed through the amendment process only, not through arbitrary case law or precedence or fiat of a given era. That it happens does not make it constitutionally legal.
That's why we have the USSC, to parse what the intent was. Given that as an "intent" of the FFs, it makes any complaints about there rulings specious at best.

Hell no, we need to get this train back on the tracks from the derailment caused by decisive, self serving, political assholes.
Exactly. Our founding fathers would be rolling around in their graves if they saw America today. It's deviated greatly from the white Christian country that they founded.

Something do not need to be explained. If you cannot grasp why it is better to not own other human beings, then no words I put down will change a thing.

If you do not think that your wife and daughter should be allowed to vote, then nothing I can say will ever change that.

But, hey...please break out the statistics and facts that show it is better to be able to own other human beings than not being able to....I will be waiting

You’re awfully hung up on this “owning a human” thing....it’s as if you honestly believe we don’t still own human beings....weird.

Forum List

Back