Have some Gravy with that Gun , sir

I love my Glock. I have one- it's a great gun .

I am thinking about a .40 caliber - either a P229 Sig, or an H&K compact.

Maybe a Walther 45.

I have not decided , but am leaning towards a Sig P229 in a .40 Caliber.

I am going to save up and get one of the three by this October - I have just not decided which one I want.

Shadow 355

:beer: Funny Gun Commerical

Diner should have displayed this sign:

upload_2016-4-25_17-55-16.png

Check out the Glock melt down vedio. Try and keep an eye on that guide rod. It gets a little floppy after a bit.

Impressive but guns can't hold up under that rate of fire. The oil is burnt up quickly and that is what keeps guns firing. And even in combat you can't fire a weapon like that without cleaning and oil.

Check out the Glock melt down vedio. Try and keep an eye on that guide rod. It gets a little floppy after a bit.

Impressive but guns can't hold up under that rate of fire. The oil is burnt up quickly and that is what keeps guns firing. And even in combat you can't fire a weapon like that without cleaning and oil.

I agree. That was flat out abuse. I bet that thing was pretty uncomfortable to hang on to after three mags. It got HOT.

I agree. That was flat out abuse. I bet that thing was pretty uncomfortable to hang on to after three mags. It got HOT.

I've seen the barrel of an M-1 glowing red and the wooden forearm would be smoking.

I burnt

I've seen the barrel of an M-1 glowing red and the wooden forearm would be smoking.

I burnt up an upper once. Well, not as in destroyed, but when I got cut loose with a giggle switch I got carried away. My gas tube took on a beautiful shade of blue,lol.

I love my Glock. I have one- it's a great gun .

I am thinking about a .40 caliber - either a P229 Sig, or an H&K compact.

Maybe a Walther 45.

I have not decided , but am leaning towards a Sig P229 in a .40 Caliber.

I am going to save up and get one of the three by this October - I have just not decided which one I want.

Shadow 355

I have fired several Glocks in my time - and just never cared for them. Nothing personal, just don't fit my big assed hands too well. If you're leaning towards the P229 - you won't regret it.

A friend of mine came out to the ranch the other day and he brought his Kimber 45. Between my 45 and his - we put around 300 rounds out and honestly, my P220 made his Kimber look like crap (in terms of accuracy) and he's as good a shot as I am (perhaps a little better). There are a few guns that I would trust my life with and Sig Sauer is at the top of that list.

Last edited:

I distinctly recall many a M60 barrel burning up when there wasn't time to change out the barrels. I also recall a M2 barrel exploding up nearly hitting me in the face - all I saw was a red flash in front of me. Another foot and I would have lost a head.

So, apparently the geniuses that "run" this place have taken the "Firearms" section away from us. Jesus - there isn't really much reason to come here if not for the firearms section....These clowns amaze me.

The firearms sub-forum isn't the only one that disappeared. Looks like they cut a few others and added 'Other'. :dunno:

why ? is it a verboten topic now? that's a real bummer.

I don't know - maybe I just can't find it any longer - but it seems to be gone. The "FIREARMS" section seems to have suddenly disappeared. Idiots can't seem to leave well enough alone...
About 10 years ago my NC Chapter,1st Cav Assn was invited to march in the St Patricks Day parade in Pinehurst, NC. We showed up with about 50 people dressed up in our Assn jackets and Stetsons, looking sharp. We had a couple WWII jeeps, an old Jeep ambulance and a scout jeep with a mounted machine gun. All went well until the town mayor inspected the marching units before the parade. He said he agreed to the color guard having two rifles in it but we would have to dismount the machine gun because it gave the impression of "violence" and wouldn't be appropriate. Needless to say, the mayor is a liberal twerp and he heard a lot of purple comments from the troopers. I wonder if that had anything to do with us never being invited to march in their parade again?

Damn I'd love to do that!!!

Did you see that guide rod? that gun just would not stop.

Looked like a wet noodle there at the end.
I'd like to see it done with a metal framed pistol.
Gotta wonder,at what point would the rounds start detonating in the breech without pulling the trigger due to the heat?

Forum List

Back