have I finally found a "liberal" I like? OMG OMG

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I read this big (400+ page) book by a guy named John Kroger, a former US prosecutor who went after the mafia and drug kingpins and others.. I think he won all his cases.. This was in NY

I was REALLY liking this book until I saw signs that this guy might lean left...

As a prosecutor he was totally on the RIGHT whether he wouldve admitted it or not

so anyhow... love this book, going through it again (long story why... for one I like knowing about the law, once considered becoming a lawyer myself)

Well, he starts getting all soft over this one criminal, who admittedly wasn't as bad as John Gotti (I believe it was his district that brought him to justice) . This guy took bribes as a prison guard... from mafia.. but of course mafia people kill so they are worse...

so anyway... he got to wondering if he was in the right line of work... had to make some calls on whether to prosecute this or that case... wondered about such things

But other than that, he is very intelligent and... etc... you should read this book

He worked for Chuck Schumer in his younger years!!!!!!!! So I almosst didn't finish the book...

Then he worked on the Clinton campaign in the 90s... AHHHHHHHHH

But you ought to read what he says about the C campaign, page 21... basically said that C only (we are SOOOO shocked) took a policy position of one sort or another to further his popularity.. when speaking to a different group, he would change his view or alter it somehow...

I wrote in the margin: We Rs could have told you that...

anyway... he is not really a lib...

so I still haven't found a lib I like....

The left/right divide is confused and hardly exists anymore since Trump was able to enlist the support of the working class.
But now the working class expects Trump to deliver.

If he doesn't deliver, his support will evaporate away rather quickly.

99% of Americans want what Trump has promised but far from that number of people were convinced he would ever deliver much of anything.

Health care? Impossible without turning against his big business benefactors.

I read this big (400+ page) book by a guy named John Kroger, a former US prosecutor who went after the mafia and drug kingpins and others.. I think he won all his cases.. This was in NY

I was REALLY liking this book until I saw signs that this guy might lean left...

As a prosecutor he was totally on the RIGHT whether he wouldve admitted it or not

so anyhow... love this book, going through it again (long story why... for one I like knowing about the law, once considered becoming a lawyer myself)

Well, he starts getting all soft over this one criminal, who admittedly wasn't as bad as John Gotti (I believe it was his district that brought him to justice) . This guy took bribes as a prison guard... from mafia.. but of course mafia people kill so they are worse...

so anyway... he got to wondering if he was in the right line of work... had to make some calls on whether to prosecute this or that case... wondered about such things

But other than that, he is very intelligent and... etc... you should read this book

He worked for Chuck Schumer in his younger years!!!!!!!! So I almosst didn't finish the book...

But you ought to read what he says about the C campaign, page 21... basically said that C only (we are SOOOO shocked) took a policy position of one sort or another to further his popularity.. when speaking to a different group, he would change his view or alter it somehow...

"I was REALLY liking this book until I saw signs that this guy might lean left..."

Narrow minded?

couldn't find the book on amazon as an audiobook, though i'm interested to read it/listen

glad there are folks who still read. reading is a good thing!

Or...

As a prosecutor, right and left were not viewed as a part of your identity. Definitely not during the years the book covers.

The left/right divide is confused and hardly exists anymore since Trump was able to enlist the support of the working class.
But now the working class expects Trump to deliver.

If he doesn't deliver, his support will evaporate away rather quickly.

99% of Americans want what Trump has promised but far from that number of people were convinced he would ever deliver much of anything.

Health care? Impossible without turning against his big business benefactors.
i have followed the health care debacle for years... still do not fully comprehend certain things... like why gummit should be involved much in the f irst place... get gummit out of private business..

couldn't find the book on amazon as an audiobook, though i'm interested to read it/listen

glad there are folks who still read. reading is a good thing!
i seem to be rather rare in that I love reading more than just about any activity... if the book or article is interesting..

the guy works at a college in Oregon now... or did a few yrs ago... I wonder if he ever... laugh.. "flipped" (term used for when mafia defendants turn against their mafia family in favor of the gummit)

what I mean is... wonder if he ever flipped from d to r...

just checked... he's still a dim...

geez... How can someone this philosophical accept murdering the unborn ??

Forum List

Back