Have gun will travel. States to export both their gun laws and their abortion laws.

Can you use a ZIP gun for target practice?

NOPE !!!!
YES. YOU CAN. You can also use it for hunting.

You're making a stupid argument here.

If you're going to point to Miller in your defense, you will think you are going to win this argument, and then you will lose, but go ahead so I can spike the football in your face.

Congress is not a permanent solution. What one congress grants, another congress can take away.

It's no different than one congress balancing the budget, only to have the next congress enact huge deficits. There is no stability.

A right recognized by the USSC, stays in effect for decades or longer.
I disagree, leaving laws to be interpreted by the Supreme Court is not a guarantee that things won't change. A bill would provide more stability because once it is challenged and upheld in the Supreme Court, it is tough to change.

Can you use a ZIP gun for target practice?

NOPE !!!!

Actually I sometimes will shoot a pellet gun.

One thing about living in a country with the right to keep and bear arms, I have a good selection of firearms to use for whatever I want to use them for.

Right, but you're looking at the wrong way.

It is now legal in Texas to manufacture and use a silencer (only subject to federal laws). How long do you think it's going to take for us to change our laws to where we can manufacture and use machine guns.

The only thing left to do is to repeal or shoot down the NFA, and Texans get machine guns.

Who is to stop someone from traveling to Texas and legally purchasing a suppressor or machine gun?
It would probably be against the law to bring it back to their home state. A woman getting an abortion doesn't bring anything back.

Again, has any such case gone before the court and been successful?

When you sue someone in civil court for damages, you need to show that you actually suffered damages. How is someone from Houston going to suffer if a woman they don't know, who lives in Amarillo, travels to Las Vegas and gets an abortion?
You are correct unless they make the $10,000 statutory damages.

In March, a Missouri legislator introduced a bill that would make it illegal to "aid or abet" out-of-state abortions.
Such is the neo-fascist, authoritarian right.

Further proof that ‘banning’ abortion was never about “states’ rights” or ‘saving babies’ – it’s about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

True but privileges aren't RIGHTS
Abortion is neither a right nor a privilege.
It is a medical procedure where an unwanted humanoid parasitic organism (not a "baby") is removed from the hosts body.
Much like any other medical procedure where unwanted and undesired (but "living") tissue is removed from the body.

I don't even know how this issue got so convoluted and wrapped up in politics/religion in the first place!

I know the religious (so called) "right" likes to tell itself it is somehow "saving little babies."
But here's a newsflash for you....
Your "god" doesn't give a SHIT about babies!
They die by the thousands all over the world every single day....or tens of thousands of them are born into such abject poverty and squalor that their short, miserable existences on earth are functionally meaningless.

So, so much for that argument.

No, I suppose it's just a big (probably money making) racket foisted on society by (seemingly) "religious," tax-exempt, zealots to make money on a cause.

That cause just happens to be "save the babies"

BULLSHIT!

Abortion is neither a right nor a privilege.
It is a medical procedure where an unwanted humanoid parasitic organism (not a "baby") is removed from the hosts body.
Much like any other medical procedure where unwanted and undesired (but "living") tissue is removed from the body.

I don't even know how this issue got so convoluted and wrapped up in politics/religion in the first place!

I know the religious (so called) "right" likes to tell itself it is somehow "saving little babies."
But here's a newsflash for you....
Your "god" doesn't give a SHIT about babies!
They die by the thousands all over the world every single day....or tens of thousands of them are born into such abject poverty and squalor that their short, miserable existences on earth are functionally meaningless.

So, so much for that argument.

No, I suppose it's just a big (probably money making) racket foisted on society by (seemingly) "religious," tax-exempt, zealots to make money on a cause.

That cause just happens to be "save the babies"

BULLSHIT!
You can count yourself as one of the lucky ones that you weren't considered useless tissue and become 1 of the millions that get aborted yearly.

With the anticipated fall of Roe V Wade, one argument is that it wouldn't outlaw abortion, because there would be liberal states still allowing it. But now states seek to apply their abortion bans to the residents who seek abortions out of state.

In March, a Missouri legislator introduced a bill that would make it illegal to "aid or abet" out-of-state abortions.

The proposed Missouri bill, like many of the so-called "trigger laws" across the country, is anticipating a world without Roe v. Wade and the day when abortion bans are lawful, said Murray.

"If abortions are no longer lawful, it is perhaps easier to justify all measures to prevent them, including prohibitions on leaving the state," she said.

P.S.

Medication Abortion Next Battleground

The use of medication abortions, which involve a two-drug protocol to end a pregnancy, is already expanding rapidly as the number of abortion providers continues to decline in states with the harshest restrictions. In the event that Roe is overturned, the ability of states to restrict access to abortion pills, including those supplied via international websites, is likely to be the next battleground.
Unconstitutional virtue signaling to the base.

Forum List

Back