CDZ Have frustrated young Whites been bamboozled by BLM?

Once admitted, prospective officers receive more extensive training than officers in the United States. Norwegian student officers must complete a three-year bachelor’s degree where they spend one year studying society and ethics, another shadowing officers, and a final year focusing on investigations and completing a thesis (In the United States, officers spend only on average 21 weeks in training which are modelled on military bootcamps).

BULL CRAP.
[...]
That means that 87.4 of all police officers have degrees. Almost 1/3rd have 4 years degrees. Plus, many have in-service training, in addition to the 6 months of police academy training.
I have plenty of education and NONE of it prepared me to be a cop. I think what the Norwegians do is provide a focused program on policing. I think there are very few US universities that can match that. Bootcamp isn't bad, it just isn't enough.

I'd guess that 90% of people who break the law are not violent so using force may just escalate a bad situation.

Once admitted, prospective officers receive more extensive training than officers in the United States. Norwegian student officers must complete a three-year bachelor’s degree where they spend one year studying society and ethics, another shadowing officers, and a final year focusing on investigations and completing a thesis (In the United States, officers spend only on average 21 weeks in training which are modelled on military bootcamps).

BULL CRAP.
[...]
That means that 87.4 of all police officers have degrees. Almost 1/3rd have 4 years degrees. Plus, many have in-service training, in addition to the 6 months of police academy training.
I have plenty of education and NONE of it prepared me to be a cop. I think what the Norwegians do is provide a focused program on policing. I think there are very few US universities that can match that. Bootcamp isn't bad, it just isn't enough.

I'd guess that 90% of people who break the law are not violent so using force may just escalate a bad situation.

"I think".... but you don't know. Go to Norway, and tell me what those 3-year degrees are actually in.

What amount of education, is needed to write someone a speeding ticket, or put hand cuffs on a burglar?

This right here, goes back up to the what we talked about before. You are making an implied assumption there, that in non-violent interactions, that police are just automatically escalating and using force.

This is why you have barely 13 applicants for 20 positions, and police departments are taking absolutely anyone, instead of the best of the crop.... because there is no crop.

Why would anyone want a job, where people like you are automatically assuming they are responding with force and escalating the conflict?

That's not happening. Police are not just randomly going crazy, and escalating a parking ticket into a violent altercation. Simply not true.

Overwhelmingly, out of hundreds of thousands of interactions with police on daily basis, most are positive. By most, I mean 99% or more.

You are doing what the media does, and look at 1 in 1,000,000 events, and acting like those events are what police are doing every single day. Not true. Not true! Not happening.

BULL CRAP.
[...]

"I think".... but you don't know. Go to Norway, and tell me what those 3-year degrees are actually in.

What amount of education, is needed to write someone a speeding ticket, or put hand cuffs on a burglar?

This right here, goes back up to the what we talked about before. You are making an implied assumption there, that in non-violent interactions, that police are just automatically escalating and using force.

This is why you have barely 13 applicants for 20 positions, and police departments are taking absolutely anyone, instead of the best of the crop.... because there is no crop.

Why would anyone want a job, where people like you are automatically assuming they are responding with force and escalating the conflict?

That's not happening. Police are not just randomly going crazy, and escalating a parking ticket into a violent altercation. Simply not true.

Overwhelmingly, out of hundreds of thousands of interactions with police on daily basis, most are positive. By most, I mean 99% or more.

You are doing what the media does, and look at 1 in 1,000,000 events, and acting like those events are what police are doing every single day. Not true. Not true! Not happening.
I think there are a sizeable number of police that feel their safety depends on having the fear and respect of those they police. A very natural reaction to the violence swirling around them so if someone doesn't give them the respect they feel they need they are willing to push the limits, choke holds, rough rides, etc. I have had this confirmed by a real street cop.

BULL CRAP.
[...]

I think there are a sizeable number of police that feel their safety depends on having the fear and respect of those they police. A very natural reaction to the violence swirling around them so if someone doesn't give them the respect they feel they need they are willing to push the limits, choke holds, rough rides, etc. I have had this confirmed by a real street cop.

*rolls eyes*. Don't base your opinion on made up Hollywood crap. This isn't the movies. It's real life.

Even the Floyd video that was just leaked, proves otherwise. There were other people in the car with Floyd as it turns out. None of them were treated badly. The police were not pushing them around, or escalating anything. Even with Floyd they tried multiple times to deal with the man humanely. The said they were going to open some windows for him. They asked him multiple times just to get in the car, which is standard police procedure when dealing with a crazy person on drugs, is to keep him confined. They immediately had an ambulance on the way. They did everything by the book. It wasn't just some random "Oh he said I smelled, so I'm going to pound him now". Didn't happen.

None of what you are talking about happened. Nor have I ever seen that in the dozen or so interactions I've had with the police. Nor have I seen that in the majority of videos I've seen.

Now, that said... yes being respectful is a clear bonus, and being a jerk will get you harmed.

You who else acts that way? .... EVERYONE.

Walk into the ghetto with a t-shirt that says BLM Burn Loot Murder. See what happens when they feel disrespected.

I just watched a video from Japan, a dude with a knife is taunting police, they finally knock the knife out of his hand, and 4 officers instantly pounce on this guy. Just pounding this guy into the street.

Everyone does this. If you treat people like crap, they don't respond with flowers.
Everyone does this. Everyone.

See I have heard this type of argument before. That police should be able to have everyone cussing them out, everyone spitting on them, everyone yelling and screaming at them.... and they should respond by asking if they'd like some tea, and maybe some milk and cookies.

Well that is absolutely ridiculous.

It's even more ironic given what we're seeing in the nation today with BLM and the protests and the violence, and the looting, and you hear people ask what do they want, and the left-wing responds with "We want respect!"

And that is considered ok. It is considered ok to have protests and riots, over demanding respect.

But police are not allowed to do anything when they are directly disrespected? Really?

No, I disagree. You go around mouthing off to a police officer, and then you end up with your face smashed in.... Good. You got what you deserved.

You know what happens if you mouth off and instigate officers in the UK? You get your face smashed in. I've seen it happen.

You know what happens if you mouth off and instigate officers in Norway? You get your face smashed in.

This is true everywhere. You need to treat officers with respect, even if they are wrong.

This is one of the problems with saying "Well Biden doesn't support defunding the police".... yeah, but the other democrats most certainly do, and have openly said so.

Do you think Biden is going to cross the mass of Democrats? No.
Except he already has. He has come out and said he is not a supporter of defunding the police.
Ok, and he will do exactly NOTHING about Democrat Mayors defunding their police forces. Oh wait he might say "C'MON MAN! DON"T DEFUND YOUR POLICE!" but that would be it.

BULL CRAP.
[...]

So the Democrat solution is demonize them, tie their hands and defund them. As a result, violent crime is skyrocketing in EVERY Democrat controlled city.

I would guess that 90% of the arrests and police interaction with the public do not involve force

you make it sound like the cops are using force on harmless and non violent citizens instead of the other way around

if you get rough with the cops they will get rough with you

You know what happens if you mouth off and instigate officers in Norway? You get your face smashed in.

This is true everywhere. You need to treat officers with respect, even if they are wrong.
I don't disagree but if you mouth off to a cop you shouldn't be shot either.

I would guess that 90% of the arrests and police interaction with the public do not involve force

you make it sound like the cops are using force on harmless and non violent citizens instead of the other way around

if you get rough with the cops they will get rough with you
My original thought was that since 90% of police interactions are non-violent, bringing a gun into the situation may not be necessary in 90% of police interactions.

This is one of the problems with saying "Well Biden doesn't support defunding the police".... yeah, but the other democrats most certainly do, and have openly said so.

Except he already has. He has come out and said he is not a supporter of defunding the police.
Ok, and he will do exactly NOTHING about Democrat Mayors defunding their police forces. Oh wait he might say "C'MON MAN! DON"T DEFUND YOUR POLICE!" but that would be it.
You conservatives, you always want the Federal gov't to get more involved in local issues.

My original thought was that since 90% of police interactions are non-violent, bringing a gun into the situation may not be necessary in 90% of police interactions.
Its difficult to know when the cops will need a gun

I don't disagree but if you mouth off to a cop you shouldn't be shot either.
It depends on the circumstances

if you verbally abuse a cop while he is performing his duty you could be arrested for obstructing justice

if you refuse to be arrested then one thing leads to another and you could die

Should they ride in tanks? Just in case.
Btw, should the city buildings in Minneapolis have armed police protection?

most courthouses have metal detectors and armed police and I suspect minneapolis is no exception

You conservatives, you always want the Federal gov't to get more involved in local issues.

No I don't. The irony is, that you left-wingers DO want Federal Government involvement in local issues.

You have said so. When you attack a Federal Building, you are demanding Federal involvement in your "local issues".
When you say the Burning Looting and Murdering, is going to continue until Trump is removed, you are demanding Federal involvement in your "local issues".
When you try and damage a Federal American Monument, you are demanding Federal involvement in your "local issues".

Now as long as Burn Loot Murder people, say in their hell hole cities, BLM'ing their own stuff, and harming their own people, and wrecking their own property... I'm cool with the Federal Government staying out, and letting Democraps destroy themselves.

But remember this... it's your side doing everything in their power, to drag in the Federal Government. Not ours.

But remember this... it's your side doing everything in their power, to drag in the Federal Government. Not ours.
Which city requested that the Feds send in Troops?

Any city where the rioters openly say they will continue the mayhem until they get the Federal change that they want. That's terrorism.

Any city where they attack Federal property.

Just like you may not say "I want you to shoot me", if you attack my wife, I'm going to shoot you. You don't have to say it openly with words. You can say it by your actions.

Forum List

Back