Have any other "essential" workers here received this from their employer yet?

When our governor first ordered a shutdown of non-essential businesses in the state my employer gave every employee a piece of paper should there be an eventual state lock down. Just in case the police were to stop us it states that we're essential employees. I doubt I'll have any use for it, but it's scary to think that workers could live in a "show me your papers" environment.

A gloryho;e is essential?

When our governor first ordered a shutdown of non-essential businesses in the state my employer gave every employee a piece of paper should there be an eventual state lock down. Just in case the police were to stop us it states that we're essential employees. I doubt I'll have any use for it, but it's scary to think that workers could live in a "show me your papers" environment.

People need relief in these dire times. Stop marginalizing my profession.

Yes, I have this document.

Yep. Some of us have a card from Homeland Security allowing us to pass anywhere. Mostly the media.

I hear in Rhode Island, they are going door to door looking for New Yorkers.

And unfounded fear.

There is no "show me your papers" environment.
It's already happening, moron. NY State troopers will arrest any out of state travelers who cannot show they have the authority to travel.

Yep...got one that allows me to cross any border and into and out of any quarantine zone and disregard any and all curfews. It even says I may if required ignore federal Hours of Service Regulations.

so we're living in 1939 Germany now.......wonderful fellas

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-030-0780-28%2C_Krakau%2C_Razzia_von_deutscher_Ordnungspolizei.jpg

~S~

One small town, accessible only by air, thought they had it figured out.

First they thought they'd just close the airport. Then the cargo flights that restocked the store got cancelled.

So they opened the airport but require a sort of VISA - Entry Permit, if if you will, to allow people to get off the incoming flights - the few that remain 'cause they also carry mail and general cargo.

But to get a permit you had to go in person to the city manager's office. Guess where that is!

Then they figured it out and allow you to print a form off the internet, sign it and fax it back in case their phones start working again. Which is not likely because the guy who takes care of their phone system is out of town.

Entry.jpg

In time he'll apply for and probably will easily get a permit. Then when he arrives and gets out of quarantine maybe the phones can be fixed.

Or not.

My daughter in law has a letter that she is an essential worker. My step grandson has a letter from the hospital that he works for.

I didn't expect the response from this thread that I have. Apparently it's very common at this point.

People need relief in these dire times. Stop marginalizing my profession.

How did I marginalize your highly skilled profession?

Yes, I have one

No one has papers saying they are essential. We just go to work.

Must be slow these days out holding up the street lights.

Forum List

Back