Have a tattoo? Not allowed to the restaurant

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Restaurant refuses service to man because of facial tattoos

After catching Alan Jackson's country concert at the rodeo, two friends were hoping to grab a bite at Bombshells off of I-45 and Fuqua. But they never got that chance.
An HPD officer told Erik Leighton that management wanted him and his friend out. Folks with facial tattoos weren't allowed inside.

I don't think it's appropriate to deny service to someone because of ink they may have on their body.
Should people be allowed to discriminate based on tattoos, piercings or other body art so if they do it as some sort of art statement? Such a new kind of discrimination
Or is it a consequence of that wave of morons from Mexico with face\neck tattoos as criminal sign? Probably yes.
The guy with the tats should just accept the fact that equal doesn't always mean equal.

Darth_Maul_profile.png

Maybe it was a Jewish establishment. Tottoos are forbidden in the Torah. Probably not though. Can businesses discriminate based on...anything you ask? Well unless you've been living under a rock since the 1960's, I guess you've missed that little sign behind the cash register in nearly every eatery in America, the one that says "This Business Has the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone." And they do have that right. The SCOTUS said so long ago.

Maybe it was a Jewish establishment. Tottoos are forbidden in the Torah. Probably not though. Can businesses discriminate based on...anything you ask? Well unless you've been living under a rock since the 1960's, I guess you've missed that little sign behind the cash register in nearly every eatery in America, the one that says "This Business Has the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone." And they do have that right. The SCOTUS said so long ago.

The can refuse service to anyone, but not for any reason.

After catching Alan Jackson's country concert at the rodeo, two friends were hoping to grab a bite at Bombshells off of I-45 and Fuqua. But they never got that chance.
An HPD officer told Erik Leighton that management wanted him and his friend out. Folks with facial tattoos weren't allowed inside.

I don't think it's appropriate to deny service to someone because of ink they may have on their body.
Should people be allowed to discriminate based on tattoos, piercings or other body art so if they do it as some sort of art statement? Such a new kind of discrimination
Or is it a consequence of that wave of morons from Mexico with face\neck tattoos as criminal sign? Probably yes.
The guy with the tats should just accept the fact that equal doesn't always mean equal.

Bloodbanks? Never mind. They get to discriminate against other stuff too...

This makes it sound like they will ban diners with a tatt on their arm. Facial tattoos are a bit much. Lots of folks are uncomfortable with them.

The business reserves the right...yada yada

It's their right. The guy looks like a freak. Probably a Millennial. Why are you not talking about the article about the mom who stabbed her four year old on the same page?

It's their right. The guy looks like a freak. Probably a Millennial. Why are you not talking about the article about the mom who stabbed her four year old on the same page?

The case in that the reasons for the denial of service is "looks like a gang member", but not the official dress code of the restaurant, which prohibits tattoos on customer`s face. They should have a special sign that prohibits animals, smoking, guns etc. and face\neck tattoo, in this case

The can refuse service to anyone, but not for any reason.

Now why don't you think about how ludicrous and self-cancelling your post is. The whole point of the SCOTUS ruling was that a business is under no obligation to do business with anyone if they choose not to do business with someone. They don't need a stated reason. They can tell anyone to get the fuck off their premises anytime they want.

It's clear-cut discrimination. Can no more exclude service to someone with facial tattoos than you could someone super obese, with some disfigurement, or other abnormal appearence. Guy should sue. And he'll very likely win. The officer should be sued as well since hs shoulda known better.

Sometimes I despise this city. I prefer Vegas and Phoenix to H-Town. People there are so much more openminded than here in Texas.

... Snip...
I do. It would make me physically ill to have a tattooed person eating at the next table.

It's clear-cut discrimination. Can no more exclude service to someone with facial tattoos than you could someone super obese, with some disfigurement, or other abnormal appearence. Guy should sue. And he'll very likely win. The officer should be sued as well since hs shoulda known better.

Bullshit. He wasn't born that way, he isn't physically handicapped, he chose to be stupid and tattoo his face. This is like choosing to put on bikini, and going into a high-end restaurant that has an attire policy.
The owner should be able to decide.

Now of course in America 2015 I wouldn't be the least surprised he would sue and win a lawsuit, but based purely on the law I can't see how the guy would have a leg to stand on. We already know he doesn't have brain to think with.

Forum List

Back