Haunted Hotels

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
The Cecil Hotel, which is now the Stay On Main Hotel, in Koreatown in Los Angeles, California is said to be haunted by ghosts and demons.

The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado is said to be haunted by ghosts, demons, and werewolves.

The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is said to be haunted by ghosts.

Last edited:
301928.jpg

The Cecil Hotel, which is now the Stay On Main Hotel, in Koreatown in Los Angeles, California is said to be haunted by ghosts and demons.
IIRC the avowed satanist, rapist and serial killer
Richard Ramirez (aka Nightstalker) used to live at the Cecil.

He's the guy that Senator Dianne Feinstein (D - Kalifornia) tipped him off to help him get away. He had some very rare shoes and during a press conference while she was mayor of San Francisco, she tipped him off to the fact that the police had his shoe prints from a crime scene. So he threw his shoes off the Golden Gate bridge to destroy evidence and fled.

IIRC the avowed satanist, rapist and serial killer
Richard Ramirez (aka Nightstalker) used to live at the Cecil.

He's the guy that Senator Dianne Feinstein (D - Kalifornia) tipped him off to help him get away. He had some very rare shoes and during a press conference while she was mayor of San Francisco, she tipped him off to the fact that the police had his shoe prints from a crime scene. So he threw his shoes off the Golden Gate bridge to destroy evidence and fled.
i think there was or is alot of negative energy in that hotel. i think they need to do an exorcism of the whole hotel.

i think there was or is alot of negative energy in that hotel. i think they need to do an exorcism of the whole hotel.
It's on Skid Row. A very dangerous area and red light district.

There was also another serial killer, a reporter from Austria, who was staying at the Cecil. He liked to strangle prostitutes with their bras. They suspect he killed 3 women while he was there.

did you get any haunted vibes there?

The only thing that happened was a door in the hallway to a linen closet opened by itself. I initially thought someone was inside because there was a light on in it, but there was nobody there. I went up and tried to close the door, but it didn't catch very well and wouldn't stay closed. I finally got it to close after a few tries and then tried to get it open again by walking by it, jumping up and down in front of it and nothing worked, but then I put my finger on it and it opened. So, it may have just opened the first time due to vibrations in the wall or something, as it was difficult to close in the first place.

Last edited:
The only thing that happened was a door in the hallway to a linen closet opened by itself. I initially thought someone was inside because there was a light on in it, but there was nobody there. I went up and tried to close the door, but it didn't catch very well and wouldn't stay closed. I finally got it to close after a few tries and then tried to get it open again by walking by it, jumping up and down in front of it and nothing worked, but then I put my finger on it and it opened. So, it may have just opened the first time due to vibrations in the wall or something, so it was difficult to close in the first place.

Did it say this on the door?

It's on Skid Row. A very dangerous area and red light district.

There was also another serial killer, a reporter from Austria, who was staying at the Cecil. He liked to strangle prostitutes with their bras. They suspect he killed 3 women while he was there.
Thanks for the information!

The only thing that happened was a door in the hallway to a linen closet opened by itself. I initially thought someone was inside because there was a light on in it, but there was nobody there. I went up and tried to close the door, but it didn't catch very well and wouldn't stay closed. I finally got it to close after a few tries and then tried to get it open again by walking by it, jumping up and down in front of it and nothing worked, but then I put my finger on it and it opened. So, it may have just opened the first time due to vibrations in the wall or something, as it was difficult to close in the first place.
Thank you for sharing your personal experience!

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times since the late 70's.

Had a room there one summer back in the 80's while the hotel was undergoing a major renovation. For 3 consecutive nights, the television came on by itself every night at around 11 pm, and stayed on for about 10 minutes, then went off.

I thought that the sleep timer may have been causing it, but after looking at the television, discovered that the sleep timer was not programmed.

Btw, for anybody who doesn't know,.. The Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for Stephen King's The Shinning so that's what is with all the redrum stuff. :badgrin: (Which I don't know who doesn't know that, but I just wanted to point that out,.. along with redrum is murder spelled backwards, and if any door had that written on it I would get the heck out of there,.. not like I would go there in the first place but,...)

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times since the late 70's.

Had a room there one summer back in the 80's while the hotel was undergoing a major renovation. For 3 consecutive nights, the television came on by itself every night at around 11 pm, and stayed on for about 10 minutes, then went off.

I thought that the sleep timer may have been causing it, but after looking at the television, discovered that the sleep timer was not programmed.

Thank you for sharing that personal story!

Btw, for anybody who doesn't know,.. The Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for Stephen King's The Shinning so that's what is with all the redrum stuff. :badgrin: (Which I don't know who doesn't know that, but I just wanted to point that out,.. along with redrum is murder spelled backwards, and if any door had that written on it I would get the heck out of there,.. not like I would go there in the first place but,...)
Thanks FJB for the explanation!

Forum List

Back