Hatred or Anger?

I believe reparations should be made by the government reinvesting in inner cities that they flooded with drugs and abandoned. Reinvestment would not bankrupt the nation because the creation of good paying jobs would mean people would be paying taxes and buying goods as their income increases. It is necessary.
Are you saying the government flooded the inner cities with drugs?
Yes. A recent 4 night documentary called America's War on Drugs tells it all very clearly. I believe a thread I started about it is still up.
It appears that documentary actually refutes the allegation that "the government" flooded cities with drugs.

New History Channel doc aims to fact-check ‘America’s War on Drugs’
Anthony Lappé, an executive producer behind the History Channel’s new documentary series “America’s War on Drugs,” says that although these theories around federal agencies injecting drugs into the Black community have swirled for years, this new docu-series will reveal that they’re just not true.

Well since I lived in a city during that time, I can tell you that ot was funny how suddenly all that crack cocaine got into a community that rarely used cocaine on the past.
Who is responsible for drug addition? Those selling the drugs or those taking the drugs? Who were selling the drugs on the streets? CIA agents or gang-bangers?

Ask that to the fucking meth heads and fentanyl addicts in the white community.

I have tried this argument with him. LOL I get the same retarded replies. I am 61 and worked for everything I have. I have been denied jobs for lack of qualifications. I have been denied jobs because I was female. I moved on, obtained more education and experience to EARN the jobs I got.

The argument is not retarded. The facts support me.

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.

Another
study shows that women made greater gains in employment at companies that do business with the federal government, which are therefore subject to federal affirmative-action requirements, than in other companies — with female employment rising 15.2% at federal contractors but only 2.2% elsewhere. And the women working for federal-contractor companies also held higher positions and were paid better.

Even in the private sector, the advancements of white women eclipse those of people of color.

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone | TIME.com

But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America.

But white women have made a practice of publicly objecting to affirmative action policies. As researcher Jessie McDaniel
notes, since the landmark 1978 Supreme Court case Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, in which the court ruled that race may be factored into university admissions, “the people suing universities for discrimination in the academic admissions process have been white women: Abigail Fisher; Barbara Grutter (Grutter v. Bollinger); Jennifer Gratz (Gratz v. Bollinger) and Cheryl Hopwood (Hopwood v. Texas).” Those landmark cases challenged university affirmative action programs in Michigan and Texas, respectively.

And those women are far from alone in believing that a system that’s designed to help them and has helped lots of women like them has actually robbed them of something that’s rightfully theirs — and should be dismantled as a consequence. In fact, they’re more likely than white men in their age group to object.

It’s likely most of them don’t understand how affirmative action helps them, said Jesse Rhodes, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst who
recently analyzed some of the CCES data for Al Jazeera.

Affirmative Action Is Great For White Women. So Why Do They Hate It? | HuffPost

When it comes to affirmative action, white women occupy a rather peculiar position. White women are the main beneficiaries of affirmative action policies, and also the most likely to sue over them (at least when it comes to education). Today continues the Trouble with White Women series, with a focus on white women and affirmative action.

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action, but data and studies suggest that women —
white women in particularhave benefited disproportionately from these policies. In many ways, affirmative action has moved white women into a structural position in which they share more in common with white men than they do with black or Latina women.

Another
study shows that women made greater gains in employment at companies that do business with the federal government, which are therefore subject to federal affirmative-action requirements, than in other companies — with female employment rising 15.2% at federal contractors but only 2.2% elsewhere. And the women working for federal-contractor companies also held higher positions and were paid better. Again, this data often lumps “all women” together (without distinguishing by race), so it’s a bit of a fuzzy issue.

Even in the private sector, white women have moved in and up at numbers that far eclipse those of people of color. After
IBM established its own affirmative-action program, the numbers of women in management positions more than tripled in less than 10 years. Data from subsequent years show that the number of executives of color at IBM also grew, but not nearly at the same rate.

White Women and Affirmative Action: Prime Beneficiaries and Opponents -

.So just face the truth white woman. You are helped the most by Affirmative Action.
Your link is tainted by the fact it's racist.

- scholarship and activism toward racial justice
Indeed, in a recently published book Kimberley Ducey and I lay out the many ways in which the elite-white-male dominance system is central to the United States. It is, in effect, a triple societal helix linking together three major systems of social oppression: systemic white racism, systemic sexism (heterosexism), and systemic classism (capitalism).

Nope, the link is not racist.
Disagreed. Of course, in your opinion, only whites can be racist. Amirite?

No one cares what you disagree with, you have chosen to disagree only because you want to believe a lie.

You are not right. But you also cannot find an American policy or law ever made that denied whites of any rights, protections under the law, the ability to work, freedom to live wherever they wanted to work whatever job they chose to do, to attend any college t hey wanted, and I can go on and on. So when you find all these things blacks have done then we can constructively talk about racism being the same.

None of those things happen anymore, and when they did happen, they happened just as often to poor white people. CLASS is more the issue than race.

I have tried this argument with him. LOL I get the same retarded replies. I am 61 and worked for everything I have. I have been denied jobs for lack of qualifications. I have been denied jobs because I was female. I moved on, obtained more education and experience to EARN the jobs I got.

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.

Another
study shows that women made greater gains in employment at companies that do business with the federal government, which are therefore subject to federal affirmative-action requirements, than in other companies — with female employment rising 15.2% at federal contractors but only 2.2% elsewhere. And the women working for federal-contractor companies also held higher positions and were paid better.

Even in the private sector, the advancements of white women eclipse those of people of color.

But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America.

But white women have made a practice of publicly objecting to affirmative action policies. As researcher Jessie McDaniel
notes, since the landmark 1978 Supreme Court case Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, in which the court ruled that race may be factored into university admissions, “the people suing universities for discrimination in the academic admissions process have been white women: Abigail Fisher; Barbara Grutter (Grutter v. Bollinger); Jennifer Gratz (Gratz v. Bollinger) and Cheryl Hopwood (Hopwood v. Texas).” Those landmark cases challenged university affirmative action programs in Michigan and Texas, respectively.

And those women are far from alone in believing that a system that’s designed to help them and has helped lots of women like them has actually robbed them of something that’s rightfully theirs — and should be dismantled as a consequence. In fact, they’re more likely than white men in their age group to object.

It’s likely most of them don’t understand how affirmative action helps them, said Jesse Rhodes, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst who

When it comes to affirmative action, white women occupy a rather peculiar position. White women are the main beneficiaries of affirmative action policies, and also the most likely to sue over them (at least when it comes to education). Today continues the Trouble with White Women series, with a focus on white women and affirmative action.

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action, but data and studies suggest that women —
white women in particularhave benefited disproportionately from these policies. In many ways, affirmative action has moved white women into a structural position in which they share more in common with white men than they do with black or Latina women.

Another
study shows that women made greater gains in employment at companies that do business with the federal government, which are therefore subject to federal affirmative-action requirements, than in other companies — with female employment rising 15.2% at federal contractors but only 2.2% elsewhere. And the women working for federal-contractor companies also held higher positions and were paid better. Again, this data often lumps “all women” together (without distinguishing by race), so it’s a bit of a fuzzy issue.

Even in the private sector, white women have moved in and up at numbers that far eclipse those of people of color. After
IBM established its own affirmative-action program, the numbers of women in management positions more than tripled in less than 10 years. Data from subsequent years show that the number of executives of color at IBM also grew, but not nearly at the same rate.

.So just face the truth white woman. You are helped the most by Affirmative Action.
You seem to think ALL women are helped by AA, as if NO women work for success

You seem to think that all blacks are helped by AA and NO black person works for success. Even worse you think all blacks that stand up refusing to ignore existing white racism is only doing do because they have failed or are looking for an excuse to blame whites for their lack of accomplishment, not that white racism does still actually exist and it's a real problem blacks face.

Well, why don't you give me some examples of some of the racism that you have to face every day, and don't make things up either.

No you just accept the fact that right now systemic racism exists.

No, I want some examples of it. So, tell us what kind of situations you have to face every day from white people which prevents you from getting out of your house, getting a job and making your life better.

Another

Another

You seem to think that all blacks are helped by AA and NO black person works for success. Even worse you think all blacks that stand up refusing to ignore existing white racism is only doing do because they have failed or are looking for an excuse to blame whites for their lack of accomplishment, not that white racism does still actually exist and it's a real problem blacks face.

Well, why don't you give me some examples of some of the racism that you have to face every day, and don't make things up either.

Yes it does. It even has a name: "Affirmative Action".

Another

Another

Yes it does. It even has a name: "Affirmative Action".

Definitely. People should get a job based on their merit, not because of some "racial quota" that has to be met. I can see that at one time in history it was perhaps necessary but not anymore. While some people might be racists, MOST people are not racists in this country.

When you talk about AA then talk about how you white women are the major benefactors of the policy instead of mentioning it only as it pertains to blacks. Because white women like you are were you are today because of AA. If not for that your ass would be buck naked in the kitchen cooking and pushing out babies. Tale your misinformed ass to a Native American and ask them why they are getting reparations you pay for every year. And if you know anyone Japanese, ask them were they here in the 80's and If they were did they get reparations.

Then come back to me with the same dumb shit you posted tonight.

I don't need AA to get a job. I can get a job on my own merit and my background and skills.

Another

Another

I never said that. Why are you resorting to lies? I do NOT think that all blacks are helped by AA. I do NOT think no black person works for success. YOU are the one degrading white people. Show me where I did that to blacks?

Forum List

Back