Hating my life one day at a time.

Welshman67

Martin
Dec 30, 2013
Southaven MS
I'm not a very happy person. Most of my unhappiness has been brought on by myself. I have ruined my life by the silly things I have done. I didn't care very much about my future as a teenager, I barely made it out of high school. I went to college for 2 weeks and dropped out. So school was never for me. I have been doing what I do for work for 21 years but I'm still at the same level I started out as in 1993. That's pretty dang sad if you ask me. All of this is because of my own doing. I was very lazy in school so I didn't apply myself and I had no goals or any direction. But here I am today hating my life I'm so unhappy about where I am and what I'm doing. 21 years of doing what I do for a living I should be running the place but no I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm the one that did this I'm the one who had the poor attitude as a teenager, I was hard headed and would never listen to my parents. I skipped school and sometimes didn't even go. Look where I am today I make just a little over $5 an hour more than my 18 year old step daughter who is a senior in high school. How sad is that. When your young it doesn't bother you, you think you know it all but you don't. I'm so angry and so unhappy with where I'm at in life BUT I can only blame myself. If I had it to do over again I would do it very different. :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4m-1j1sEw]Tim Mcgraw The cowboy in me - YouTube[/ame]

Take charge of your life and do whatever it is that you think you need to do.

Maybe start with attitude. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself for being an ambitionless idiot, maybe work on your inner self..attend church or take a class or something. Make a single improvement in your life.

I'm not a very happy person. Most of my unhappiness has been brought on by myself. I have ruined my life by the silly things I have done. I didn't care very much about my future as a teenager, I barely made it out of high school. I went to college for 2 weeks and dropped out. So school was never for me. I have been doing what I do for work for 21 years but I'm still at the same level I started out as in 1993. That's pretty dang sad if you ask me. All of this is because of my own doing. I was very lazy in school so I didn't apply myself and I had no goals or any direction. But here I am today hating my life I'm so unhappy about where I am and what I'm doing. 21 years of doing what I do for a living I should be running the place but no I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm the one that did this I'm the one who had the poor attitude as a teenager, I was hard headed and would never listen to my parents. I skipped school and sometimes didn't even go. Look where I am today I make just a little over $5 an hour more than my 18 year old step daughter who is a senior in high school. How sad is that. When your young it doesn't bother you, you think you know it all but you don't. I'm so angry and so unhappy with where I'm at in life BUT I can only blame myself. If I had it to do over again I would do it very different. :(

My dad didn't finish high school. He was in the army during WWII and learned a trade, but when he got out, he didn't work in that trade and didn't make much money. When he was 50, he took a night class in the trade he'd learned in the army, electronics. Then he got jobs in electronics and made a whole lot more money. You're not too old to improve your situation in life. A few weeks of night school may be all it takes. My mom had to push him to take that class; he thought he was too old and it was too late. He was wrong.

Last edited:
8307fc12032d3fc29b59e08c25ed928f.jpg

It's always sad when someone wants what they aren't willing to work for.

Perhaps a shift in desire is what is needed. Instead of desiring something you probably are never going to have, why not try to see the value of what is right in front of you?

Venting is only a temporary release. Maybe you divulged this today just to feel sorry for yourself, but if you did it to confess a life of poor choices and laziness in order to make changes, then good for you.

Can't do shit about the past, but can do plenty about the road ahead. It's your choice.

sorry to hear that

but it is never too late to change

That's right. He is learning: "To our questions in life, we are the answer; to our problems in life, we are the solution."

May he open some books to educate himself, and better his lot in life, sooner than later, if ever.

JoeB, zat you? Sure sounds like you!

I certainly am not one to quote Oprah Winfrey....but I am about to anyway.."one of the most tragic things in life is the fact that the most important decisions we make in our lives, that has the greatest effect on who we are and where we will go - comes at a time we are the least capable of making them".

How true this statement is. It is one that I have repeated to my two kids 100 times.

Hey, mister. If you're not dead, it's not too late to start over. Here are a few examples from my immediate circle.

My sister graduated from the U of MN the same year her son graduated high school.

A friend of the family has a daughter my daughter's age. She just tested out for her GED.

My stepdaughter also tested out for her GED and went on to become a CNA, and then an RN, all while raising three kids on her own.

It is never too late. If you're still breathing, then you can change course.

And stop hating yourself. It's unseemly. ;)

Forgive yourself, and start making some changes that prove you deserve better.

And to quote a good friend of mine: Education is wasted on the young.

I didn't get much education after high school until I was older. There were no opportunities for women where I lived. Then my husband died and I had to choose whether to be a charity case or be my own person. I graduated nursing school at 41. I was one of only 3 'non traditional' students in my class. I had 30 year old profs who thought that if you were going to be a nurse you should have done it when you were 22. Got the master's at 46 and the JD at 58. I taught in a nursing school while I was in law school so I would have more time to study. Most of the students I taught were 'non traditional.' This is America. If you want it, it's out there for you.

I think all of us would look back at our lives and think at some point at least we should have done something other than what we did do.

the only real problem I see in this post of yours is that you currently hate you life.

That is not a crime its a symptom.

You remaining unhappy will help NO human being learn from your mistakes.

Learning to have joy is really the ONLY thing you NEED to do.

You need to find happiness in your existance.

If you don't you will be in pain.

when in pain people have a tendency to be cruel to others.

Not always or all people bit it is a real concern.

finds ways to bring joy into your life.

It does not take money.

I was raised dirt poor and I learned very early HOW to bring joy to my life during stressful times.

One of the KEY ways is to help others.

indeed in your op post seems like that is what you are doing.
trying to help others learn from your own missteps in life.

Money is NOT life's only measure.

kindness is a much better measure of the worth of a life.

In your post here I see a kind person who wishes others a way to avoid the pain you feel in your own life.

My friend YOU are a GOOD person.

that is an unpurchaseable with the largest pile of money on the earth quality.

You are wealthy in Good intentions.

tell yourself "I love YOU" tell yourself that every day as often as you can.

One day you will even believe it.

but you cant ever believe it if you never tell yourself that huh?

Be good to others and try not to expect much back.

tell yourself you love yourself and be good to others.

money cant buy that.

Love is the only currency that can help you buy your happiness back.

good luck my friend and I hope you stick around and chat with us from time to time.

I loved the kindness that flowed through your post.

the willingness to self examine critically.

Your a good person.

Sadly, hindsight is perfect.

21 years at the same job is pretty cool. Most people job hop.

You may not make a lot of money but it sounds like you do your best to support your family.

Also while some people have been unemployed for years, you are still working.

If you want to make changes, you should look into school.

Otherwise look at things differently, see all the good things about your life. :smiliehug:

JoeB, zat you? Sure sounds like you!

Except for the WORKING part, lol.

New Topics

Forum List

Back