Hating my life one day at a time.

You've ALL been suckered in.
The OP is a plagarized letter from a 'Dear Abby' column.

Where is your link?

Could be though. Who is working for $5.00 an hour, these days? Still, it is a good post, regardless of it's origin and it gave many good thinking people a positive way to express themselves. Or maybe he found a way to express his thoughts, without having to compose them?

He's making $5/hour MORE than when he started.

I'm not a very happy person. Most of my unhappiness has been brought on by myself. I have ruined my life by the silly things I have done. I didn't care very much about my future as a teenager, I barely made it out of high school. I went to college for 2 weeks and dropped out. So school was never for me. I have been doing what I do for work for 21 years but I'm still at the same level I started out as in 1993. That's pretty dang sad if you ask me. All of this is because of my own doing. I was very lazy in school so I didn't apply myself and I had no goals or any direction. But here I am today hating my life I'm so unhappy about where I am and what I'm doing. 21 years of doing what I do for a living I should be running the place but no I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm the one that did this I'm the one who had the poor attitude as a teenager, I was hard headed and would never listen to my parents. I skipped school and sometimes didn't even go. Look where I am today I make just a little over $5 an hour more than my 18 year old step daughter who is a senior in high school. How sad is that. When your young it doesn't bother you, you think you know it all but you don't. I'm so angry and so unhappy with where I'm at in life BUT I can only blame myself. If I had it to do over again I would do it very different. :(

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. So you made a few bad decisions, but that doesn't mean you need to suffer for those decisions for the rest of your life. You have suffered for 21 years. Enough is enough.

I was the opposite to you. I went to school, and wanted to learn, but I didn't understand what I was being taught. I had learning difficulties which were ignored, and as a result, I have also spent 7 years in the same job, and I haven't moved up at all. I am also at the bottom of the totem pole, so to speak.
But that doesn't stop me from trying. Apply for various jobs, and its taken over 5 years, but things are starting to look up for me, because I changed my attitude.

Change yours, and become a better person for it. Don't be bitter, be proud of who you are and everything you have in the world today. :)

Thank you everyone for the good advice. Your absolutely right I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself when i need to get up and change the course of my life. I'm 46 years old and I'm walking around like it's the end of the world. I appreciate you all for taking the time to post some good words of encouragement.

Thank you for all the uplifting comments i appreciate you all for taking the time to respond. I do make more than $5 an hour thank God. In my original post I said that I only make $5 more an hour than my 18 year old daughter who is a senior in high school. You all are correct I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get up and do something about my situation. I do suffer from depression and I do take medications for that. Don't worry I am not going to do anything crazy like hurt myself or someone else. I just wish I had made better choices but I can't change that I must move forward. You guys are great and I thank you again.

You've ALL been suckered in.
The OP is a plagarized letter from a 'Dear Abby' column.

Where is your link?

Could be though. Who is working for $5.00 an hour, these days? Still, it is a good post, regardless of it's origin and it gave many good thinking people a positive way to express themselves. Or maybe he found a way to express his thoughts, without having to compose them?

Looked for a link and couldn't find one. But I know I read this letter in a 'Dear Abby' column in the past couple of weeks. OP never responded after posting, did they?

That's how trolls roll.

^^^ With all the reflecting this guy was doing, did he happen to reflect on the fact that it was the Republican administration who left the country in ruins for someone else to try to fix? The article you cite is nothing more than simple minded partisan politics. Get a brain.

Yeah a guy not getting the help he deserves is simple minded. Seems clear who needs a brain.

Yeah a guy not getting the help he deserves is simple minded. Seems clear who needs a brain.

Yes, it is very clear. You take a situation that was caused by the Republican administration and turn it into a reason to say the current administration is a failure because they have been unable to fix all of the problems of the previous administration; you lay no blame whatsoever where most of it belongs. Yep. It's clear where the weakness of intelligence is, the lack of vision, the inability to either see or the choice not to see what the real problem is. You introduce this piece of bilge for the purposes of partisan politics only, not because you really care about this country or anyone in it.

Well, not sure what to think of the OP now but if he does suffer from Depression he should be seeing a Dr. regularly to monitor his medication and should probably see a therapist.

And go back and get his GED.

That goes for anyone in his situation.

Well, not sure what to think of the OP now but if he does suffer from Depression he should be seeing a Dr. regularly to monitor his medication and should probably see a therapist.

What good is a GED going to do him now?

It would be a waste of time.

What he needs to do is get off his crybaby ass and do something that will result in a measurable result.

What he needs to do is get off his crybaby ass and do something that will result in a measurable result.

Starting with his high school diploma, so he can get a job beyond entry level.

Geezus, are you always this thick?

Yeah, and getting his GED is a start to that dumbass.

Forum List

Back