Hating Constitutional Amendments

Which constitutional amendment do you hate the most?

• 1st Amendment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd Amendment

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 4th Amendment

• 5th Amendment

• 10th Amendment

• 13th Amendment

• 16th Amendment

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 17th Amendment

• Other or none (Please specify)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
The first ten amendments known as the Bill of Rights was written by 18th/19th century radicals who overthrew the British government. Surely some of those amendments don't jive with your 21st Century mindset. For example the second amendment means the people should have the adequate military power to overthrow the government. The first amendment allows people to say things no matter how offensive they are. Today we don't have the tolerance to allow people to say some of the most heinous things. The fourth amendment says the government can't search you based on a "hunch". This really hinders a lot of police work here in the 21st century. The fifth amendment gives the accused the right to remain silent. This hinders police in a great way. The accused if guilty is the best source of information regarding a crime.

Maybe it is later amendments that you don't like so much. The third, sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth amendments don't get as much attention but perhaps you hate one of those. The tenth amendment limits the federal government from imposing on states which really annoys people that want to impose their way of life unto the whole country. Abortion is especially a great example today since the overturning of Roe vs. Wade. Some states where it is now illegal to perform abortions thinks this should be imposed on the whole country but that pesky 10th amendment prevents that from ever happening. The 13th amendment is another controversial amendment. This is one that I really hate and has applied to me personally. I won't get into it in this post.

I would go on and on and I probably will in subsequent posts. There are some bad constitutional amendments out there. Just because we are obligated by law to respect them doesn't mean we have to like them.

I personally hate the 13th amendment, the 16th amendment, the 17th amendment, the 19th amendment, and the 22nd amendment. I'm not too fond of the 26th amendment but it is nothing for me to get all excited about.

Which constitutional amendments do you hate the most?

Oh. The poll only allows one answer so focus on the constitutional amendment that you hate the most. You can hate multiple ones. You can use the discussion feature to express your hatred for multiple constitutional amendments.

I picked the 13th amendment. This amendment was an extension of slavery that is still in practice today. You can't be forced to work unless you were convicted of a crime. Well. This is a loophole the size of the Mississippi River. You can make ridiculous law, after ridiculous law, after ridiculous law to such a degree that everybody is guilty of something. Then bam. You can force people to work. Yes. This does happen today. If a man wants to sit on his front porch all day and drink sweet tea he can but if he is convicted of even a super minor crime this man can be required to find a job.

Last edited:
I can't believe the OP left out the 19th.....A lot of problems with the rest would be solved if the 19th was gone. ;)

I mentioned it in my opening post. It is one that I personally hate. I didn't leave any of them out in the poll options. The last option is "other or none (please specify)".

Yes. Women voting has led to wasteful spending on unrealistic domestic issues. Women voting has led to the cancel culture. Women voting has diminished the power of the first amendment. Women should have never been given the right to vote but it is the law. I have to respect it.

The 14th Amendment took away Constitutional rights & replaced them with "privileges", subjected us to Admiralty Law & made us subjects of the District of Columbia, Inc.
It was not even legally passed with consent from 2/3 of the states.

The 16th Amendment was sold as an income tax that would only ever affect the elites & only tax income at about 1%.

I think we need a factory reset on everything after the Constitution & Bill of Rights

And, our founders gave you the greatest solution ever, just leave.

Go to Siberia, China, or Mexico.

I am sure those are great places you.

You have the freedom to leave, how great.

And, our founders gave you the greatest solution ever, just leave.

Go to Siberia, China, or Mexico.

I am sure those are great places you.

You have the freedom to leave, how great.

How do you know these countries accept emigrants from the United States?

The first ten amendments known as the Bill of Rights was written by 18th/19th century radicals who overthrew the British government. Surely some of those amendments don't jive with your 21st Century mindset. For example the second amendment means the people should have the adequate military power to overthrow the government. The first amendment allows people to say things no matter how offensive they are. Today we don't have the tolerance to allow people to say some of the most heinous things. The fourth amendment says the government can't search you based on a "hunch". This really hinders a lot of police work here in the 21st century. The fifth amendment gives the accused the right to remain silent. This hinders police in a great way. The accused if guilty is the best source of information regarding a crime.

Maybe it is later amendments that you don't like so much. The third, sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth amendments don't get as much attention but perhaps you hate one of those. The tenth amendment limits the federal government from imposing on states which really annoys people that want to impose their way of life unto the whole country. Abortion is especially a great example today since the overturning of Roe vs. Wade. Some states where it is now illegal to perform abortions thinks this should be imposed on the whole country but that pesky 10th amendment prevents that from ever happening. The 13th amendment is another controversial amendment. This is one that I really hate and has applied to me personally. I won't get into it in this post.

I would go on and on and I probably will in subsequent posts. There are some bad constitutional amendments out there. Just because we are obligated by law to respect them doesn't mean we have to like them.

I personally hate the 13th amendment, the 16th amendment, the 17th amendment, the 19th amendment, and the 22nd amendment. I'm not too fond of the 26th amendment but it is nothing for me to get all excited about.

Which constitutional amendments do you hate the most?

So you're for Monarchy, Autocracy, slavery, the subjucation of women?

A patriot you're not. And if you actually support those things. You're also a disgrace to the uniform.

Apparently, you missed this part of the Constitution fuckwit.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

You know what I hate?

Conservative Christians, and white nationalists.

The true enemies of America, Liberty, and human decency.

So you're for Monarchy, Autocracy, slavery, the subjucation of women?

A patriot you're not. And if you actually support those things. You're also a disgrace to the uniform.

Apparently, you missed this part of the Constitution fuckwit.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

You know what I hate?

Conservative Christians, and white nationalists.

The true enemies of America, Liberty, and human decency.

Lol I support the entire constitution. That doesn’t mean I like it.

For example the first amendment gives you the right to say the n word. Do you think people should be obligated to like that? We live in a society. Nobody will get their way 100% of the time. Tis impossible. Calm down. Don’t be so dramatic.

You have probably lived long enough to notice that the constitution is violated all the time. So I am not the only one that doesn’t like certain constitutional amendments.

Forum List

Back