Hate Crime?

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
I do not believe in the classifaction of hate crimes, but if I did would this qualify?

And what kind of asshole would do such a thing?

http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcstories.cfm&ID=2906
The Bonneville County Sheriff's Office is asking for your help in finding the people responsible for an early morning hate crime that targeted a soldier.
Just before 6:00 Thursday morning, the sheriff's office got a call about a stolen car and some vandalism.

Authorities say someone stole a truck that belonged to a U-S soldier.

They also spray painted "I hate soldiers" and other profanities across the driveway.

The truck was found a few hours later near Kepp's Crossing.

It had been set on fire and by the time deputies got there, the truck was nearly burned to the ground.

The sheriff's office is asking anyone with to call Crimestoppers at 208-522-1983.
2906.jpg

2906a.jpg

Cynical response: Soldiers aren't PC enough to qualify for "hate-crime" protection.

Real response: There should be no hate-crime laws. There are already laws dealing with auto theft, vandalism, and arson. That should be sufficient to charge this guy with.

5stringJeff said:
Cynical response: Soldiers aren't PC enough to qualify for "hate-crime" protection.

Real response: There should be no hate-crime laws. There are already laws dealing with auto theft, vandalism, and arson. That should be sufficient to charge this guy with.

Let the soldier have him.

I don't like hate crime labels either. We have assault, battery, murder, arson, etc covered. By adding the word "hate" you signify to a minority that they are still less than average and still need big brothers protection.

Since "Hate" is a thought process, doesn't hate crimes fall into the category of thought crimes? Pretty soon you better not disagree or you will be guilty. OF course you do understand that disagreement with hate crimes legislation means you must be an ist right? (race-ist, sex-ist, etc-ist).

Soldier and criminal in a locked room. Every twenty minutes verify that breathing is occurring, bind the wounds, lock the door. Repeat as needed for a week or so........

5stringJeff said:

I'm sure that if your government sat down to go over this thing and sort it all out, the hate crimes would be failing to assist the arsonist, being a soldier to begin with, or thinking privately to yourself that this is the real hate crime.

Forum List

Back