Hate And Violence Knows No Politcal Boundaries...No One Has The 'Moral High Ground'

The problem is the president gives the impression of equal blame.

I completely disagree. I believe it was PERCEIVED by many that way. AT NO TIME did President Trump declare there was EQUAL blame:

"Racism is evil -- and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans," Trump said in response to the attacks in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend."
- http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/politics/trump-condemns-charlottesville-attackers/index.html

I challenge you to show me where in his statement the President assigns EQUAL blame. It simply is not there.

Those who hate the President heard what they wanted to hear, read into his words what they wanted to read, and have condemned him, as you did, for something he did not say / do.

Like I mentioned when he went on about the statues and then started going on specifically about the alt left. He left me with the impression he was giving equal blame. This was at the press conference. I thought the media was unfair previous to the conference.

The group as a whole are corrupt mother fuckers. They are no better then the trash in Charlottesville.
So, using your justification to declare ALL CONSERVATIVES are corrupt M*erF*ers, ALL DEMOCRATS are triggered, hate-filled, murderous M*erF*ers because of the mentally-challenged snowflake who tried to assassinate GOP politicians at the ball field in Va..... Right?

Using hate and violence like they are equal falls into the left's trap.

They are not the same. One is a protected right.

The other violates rights.

Only one side killed a person and tried to kill many.[/QUOTE

And in the past two gay men rapes an13 year old to death. Left own that one? And don't forget, a black democrat Obama voter shot 5 cops in Dallas. So one side did both of those so democrats support rape and race killings.

The one side is the racist scum. Don't blur the line between them and conservatives. The right does not own this tragedy. The racists at Charlottesville own it.

The group as a whole are corrupt mother fuckers. They are no better then the trash in Charlottesville.

I disagree.

Like I mentioned when he went on about the statues and then started going on specifically about the alt left. He left me with the impression he was giving equal blame. This was at the press conference. I thought the media was unfair previous to the conference.
He gave you the impression...but did not out-right assign equal blame. Thank you for that.

I can not read the man's mind. I do not try to. I would not be surprised if he WAS venting a little about the 'Left's' 'holier-than-thou', 'only-the Right-does-it' hypocrisy, demonstrated in part by the Liberal media's refusal to report the details of how the opposition protestors showed up with the full intent of instigating / participating in violence.

If he was trying to make a point that the 'Left' / Media' does this, that was not the time to do it...but IMO he was still right to point out that there was just not one side to blame for the violence in Charlottesville and that ALL hate groups and violent groups driven by any / all ideology are 'evil' and do not represent who we are as a nation.

I also believe the media was unfair to him before the Press conference. When you hold a press conference you should have your sh!te together. If you go back and watch it you will still see a very aggressive, very disrespectful media corp in that press conference that interrupted him in mid-sentence at times. Maybe he got flustered...who knows. Again, I can not read the man's mind and will not try to do so.

BTW, thanks for the awesome civil discussion! While I do not agree with you on every point I agree with you on a lot and respect your opinion.

So, using your justification to declare ALL CONSERVATIVES are corrupt M*erF*ers, ALL DEMOCRATS are triggered, hate-filled, murderous M*erF*ers because of the mentally-challenged snowflake who tried to assassinate GOP politicians at the ball field in Va..... Right?

All conservatives in Washington are failures, yes. Are democrats triggered ? Don't know, but what they are for sure is corrupt motherfuckers just like the republicans. As for the poor congrasman who was shot, even though he is a corrupt motherfucker, he did not deserve to be shot. And then the young woman, she was truly a victim. All we know at this point is that she got killed for just being there. She did not deserve that. So as a whole, the political class currently in Washington is 100% to blame for this mess. All those motherfuckers are nuts and I look forward to 2018 where I will vote for every single republican primary challenger. If the incumbent makes it, I'll either sit the election out, or vote democrat if the candidate isn't bat shit crazy.

Only one side killed a person and tried to kill many.[/QUOTE

And in the past two gay men rapes an13 year old to death. Left own that one? And don't forget, a black democrat Obama voter shot 5 cops in Dallas. So one side did both of those so democrats support rape and race killings.

The one side is the racist scum. Don't blur the line between them and conservatives. The right does not own this tragedy. The racists at Charlottesville own it.

I disagree.

Awesome! God bless America! Thank you for not running me over with your car and just telling me instead.

As usual you attempt to imply something that is not true. I completely agree that racism - Neo-Nazi-ism is vile, repugnant, and to be rejected...stamped / bred out.

You either miss or attempt to mis-represent my point that ALL violent groups motivated by any ideology, religious or political, is unacceptable. NONE of it must be tolerated. I reject the cherry-picking of groups to (deservedly) condemn for politically biased reasons / objectives.

Charlottesville is not a case in which your choice is to condemn the violent white supremacists OR condemn the violent Leftist group, both of who are responsible for the violence. BOTH should be simultaneously condemned.

So two guys have a heated political argument. One pulls out a gun and shoots the other. He shouldn't be prosecuted because they were both responsible right? The person who went way too far isn't more responsible?

The guy should be prosecuted. What you want is to prosecute everyone who was there over the acts of one guy.

His affiliation is clear and his actions are why we have a tragedy.

So that excuses all the violence from the left that day?

It is not equal when one side kills somebody while trying to kill many. Protestors should be non violent. When discussing a tragedy the blame should go to the reason for the tragedy. The tragedy is that a girl was killed. The affiliation of the killer is clear.

Yet you continue to ignore Anti-fa's role in the violence.

Unless the guy was told by the leaders of the protest to take his car and do that, the rest of them have nothing to do with it.

All conservatives in Washington are failures, yes. Are democrats triggered ? Don't know, but what they are for sure is corrupt motherfuckers just like the republicans. As for the poor congrasman who was shot, even though he is a corrupt motherfucker, he did not deserve to be shot. And then the young woman, she was truly a victim. All we know at this point is that she got killed for just being there. She did not deserve that. So as a whole, the political class currently in Washington is 100% to blame for this mess. All those motherfuckers are nuts and I look forward to 2018 where I will vote for every single republican primary challenger. If the incumbent makes it, I'll either sit the election out, or vote democrat if the candidate isn't bat shit crazy.
Now THAT is actually one summation I can agree with.

He gave you the impression...but did not out-right assign equal blame. Thank you for that.

I can not read the man's mind. I do not try to. I would not be surprised if he WAS venting a little about the 'Left's' 'holier-than-thou', 'only-the Right-does-it' hypocrisy, demonstrated in part by the Liberal media's refusal to report the details of how the opposition protestors showed up with the full intent of instigating / participating in violence.

If he was trying to make a point that the 'Left' / Media' does this, that was not the time to do it...but IMO he was still right to point out that there was just not one side to blame for the violence in Charlottesville and that ALL hate groups and violent groups driven by any / all ideology are 'evil' and do not represent who we are as a nation.

I also believe the media was unfair to him before the Press conference. When you hold a press conference you should have your sh!te together. If you go back and watch it you will still see a very aggressive, very disrespectful media corp in that press conference that interrupted him in mid-sentence at times. Maybe he got flustered...who knows. Again, I can not read the man's mind and will not try to do so.

BTW, thanks for the awesome civil discussion! While I do not agree with you on every point I agree with you on a lot and respect your opinion.

Don't you think he would have been better sticking to previous statement? It condemned racism and violence and separated the right from the racists.

We need more civil discussions...

So two guys have a heated political argument. One pulls out a gun and shoots the other. He shouldn't be prosecuted because they were both responsible right? The person who went way too far isn't more responsible?

The guy should be prosecuted. What you want is to prosecute everyone who was there over the acts of one guy.

It is not equal when one side kills somebody while trying to kill many. Protestors should be non violent. When discussing a tragedy the blame should go to the reason for the tragedy. The tragedy is that a girl was killed. The affiliation of the killer is clear.

Unless the guy was told by the leaders of the protest to take his car and do that, the rest of them have nothing to do with it.

I am against all violence.

I am against all violence.

Sure.

Don't you think he would have been better sticking to previous statement? It condemned racism and violence and separated the right from the racists.

I do think he felt the pressure to continue to 'clarify' his views. The more he talks the more potential to go off-script and to say something that can be misconstrued, manipulated, interpreted, or even 'stupid'.

It's like someone telling a lie over something small (not to say Charlottesville/this issue is small)...when they feel the need to say a lot more than necessary, to give / make up more than they need to in order to sell it, and in the end they get themselves in trouble by saying way too much.

IMO, THIS is ALL that needed to be said:

"Racism is evil -- and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

Racism is evil. Those who practice it and engage in violence and hate are criminals and thugs. This is not who we are as a country.

'Nuff said (IMO).

Totally agree.

Forum List

Back