Has USMB changed your mind m? Ever?

SO? When you know the odds, there is no need to take a risk on unproven medical technology.

The gross numbers are 1 in 550 will die from COVID-19. One in 55 of those testing positive.

If you think those are lightning strike odds, you live in complete denial.
1 in 550? Where are you getting this from?

SO? When you know the odds, there is no need to take a risk on unproven medical technology.

The gross numbers are 1 in 550 will die from COVID-19. One in 55 of those testing positive.

If you think those are lightning strike odds, you live in complete denial.
1 in 550? Where are you getting this from?
Nursing homes in Mexico?

:auiqs.jpg:

See? That's what I am talking about.

The majority of the population, if they are young, don't know anyone that has died of this.

If they are a senior citizens? They may know of one person that has either died, or had a rough time of this.

And yet? The nation and the world have treated this like the Ebola or the Black Plague, and more folks have suffered economically and psychologically, than they have from this. . . flu.

People now believe in a media created world, than the one told by the experiences of their friends and family. Sad.

Last edited:
Significant shift in my mind happened regarding people who call themselves American conservatives. I thought they were supporters of American values, at least how I understand them. And I thought that my views were quite close to theirs.

After having been on this forum for 6 years, I am not sure now about that. At first, I was quite disappointed. What was the most appaling is that some of them were mentioning Russia and its leader as a model of what American leader should be.

Now, I have got used to it.

Nothing I've learned on USMB has changed my mind about being a conservative but I will say that I've learned a lot about the duopoly in this country.
I was a fan of George Bush but now I see him for what he was. Just another career politician trying to keep the status quo.
And after watching both the right and the left attack Trump the outsider I knew at that point our Gov had no interest in making America better,it was all about the ruling class maintaining the status quo.
If trump was good I would have liked him. He was like a Putin. You are like a russian who likes Putin despite the corruption.

If you were wrong about bush and you admit you were, perhaps you are wrong about trump too. Something to ponder.

AzogtheDefiler

Chat boards do four things
1) allow to blow off steam
2) and mostly reinforce one's belief system (confirmation of self)
3) expand one's reading via links to sites that one would have never found of their own.
4) confirm trolls exist and constantly seek to manipulate. It's better if you aren't easily swayed from your own beliefs.

Forum List

Back