Has this board caused you to change on issues

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
It has about guns

I used to view concealed guns as only being a low-iQ , psychopathic White trash thing

Now I see that most carriers are really reasonable and the “sheep dogs” of society that will protect the sheep from the black wolves

I now realize that both Carter who didn't start or create that nasty recession and credit troubles shouldn't have been blamed over it harshly when the main fault was Nixon who created the problem in the first place and B. Clinton never should have been investigated over some minor sexual stuff that wasn't worth the time and money to waste over.

Earlier I thought they were big failures now I realize that While Carter was well meaning he was a weak president during his time while B. Clinton is the last Good Democrat to hold the White House who actually did some good legislative work during his years.

It has about guns

I used to view concealed guns as only being a low-iQ , psychopathic White trash thing

Now I see that most carriers are really reasonable and the “sheep dogs” of society that will protect the sheep from the black wolves

Not me. I'd just run the other way, screaming like a little girl. :eek-52:

It has about guns

Being here constantly TESTS my views and opinions. And they get modified "around the edges" a bit. You find out how DEFENDABLE your views/opinions are and work from there.

Yes.

I'm even farther to the anarchist right than when I landed here.

The late Harry Browne wrote the book "Why Government Doesn't Work"...I'll pen the sequel "Why Gubmint Cannot Ever Work", based upon the same premises.

Thanks. That's what I was going to write, but it came out all wrong. I wasn't such a right-winger before USMB, and especially before Obama.

He was the one who radicalized me, and USMB just confirmed what I suspected.

Yes.

I'm even farther to the anarchist right than when I landed here.

The late Harry Browne wrote the book "Why Government Doesn't Work"...I'll pen the sequel "Why Gubmint Cannot Ever Work", based upon the same premises.

One of the CORNERSTONES of my views and opinions as well. But I'm quite a waze from anarchy. Govt should GOVERN -- not pretend to have powers THEY DO NOT HAVE. They are experts on NOTHING. Including unfortunately -- their OWN power as WRITTEN.

One of the CORNERSTONES of my views and opinions as well. But I'm quite a waze from anarchy. Govt should GOVERN -- not pretend to have powers THEY DO NOT HAVE. They are experts on NOTHING. Including unfortunately -- their OWN power as WRITTEN.
Circular.jpg

I'll say for sure your MEMEING has really improved !! See we get the benefit of ALL cultures and political talent on USMB...

Most of those "bad people" weren't as bad BEFORE they got power. It's one thing to be a Nancy. It's another thing to have a CABINET FULL of Nancies. Did I offend anyone here yet?
They were bad before they got power....The power amplified that badness.

Go review your Hayek....Specifically chapter 10, of "The Road to Serfdom"

Then get back to me.

They were bad before they got power....The power amplified that badness.

Go review your Hayek....Specifically chapter 10, of "The Road to Serfdom"

:auiqs.jpg:About your views of "original sin" and the depravity of mankind in general -- Did you feel this way BEFORE a couple decades on USMB? MAYBE -- there's a connection there.. Just sayin'.

USMB has restored my faith in Idiocracy. My favorite movie. It's like having a prophet reveal our soon to be future.

Anyone can have a book on a shelf....Hae you read it?

Yes but it has been 30 years now.

I have these books in from of me,

That Every Man Be Armed

The Rape of the American Constitution

The Bigots of Biscobel

The Discovery of Freedom

The Age of Reason

Common Sense

There are a few more like this.

:auiqs.jpg:About your views of "original sin" and the depravity of mankind in general -- Did you feel this way BEFORE a couple decades on USMB? MAYBE -- there's a connection there.. Just sayin'.

USMB has restored my faith in Idiocracy. My favorite movie. It's like having a prophet reveal our soon to be future.
No.

I recognized Madison's circular reasoning in Federalist 51 for the massive logical contradiction that it is a long time ago.

“If men were angels, no government would be necessary.”

IMO, the most stupid thing said by any "founding father"...EVAH!

Forum List

Back