Has the dog caught the car?

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
“There’s nothing happening there,” Trump said at Tuesday’s debate, when former Vice President Joe Biden said that the rush to confirm Amy Coney Barrett had put Roe v. Wade on the ballot.

“You don’t know her view of Roe v. Wade. You don’t know her view,” Trump said.

Trump’s about-face is the latest example of what happens when the GOP’s promises to its social-conservative base collide with the political risks of those promises becoming a reality.

A solid majority of Americans do not want Roe overturned, do not want the ACA overturned, favor a path to citizenship for qualified immigrants, and favor enhanced gun control measures. Repubs have been running in opposition to these positions for years and promising to do something about them.

A solid majority of justices on the SC will soon oppose those majority views. Were I a Repub I would be concerned about the potential electoral backlash to the circumstance that lead the minority to be able to impose its will on the majority.

This is an interesting question.
It could renew the movement that began in the late 60's to rid ourselves of the EC and move to a truly democratic process whereby the prez is elected by a majority of voters.

We also need to take on the disproportionate representation in the Senate of those who live in conservative, rural states. 15 red states with a population equivalent to CA's are represented by 30 senators while CA with 40M people have two.

This is an interesting question.
It could renew the movement that began in the late 60's to rid ourselves of the EC and move to a truly democratic process whereby the prez is elected by a majority of voters.

We also need to take on the disproportionate representation in the Senate of those who live in conservative, rural states. 15 red states with a population equivalent to CA's are represented by 30 senators while CA with 40M people have two.

Waaaaaaahhhhhh....I dont like the rules!

“There’s nothing happening there,” Trump said at Tuesday’s debate, when former Vice President Joe Biden said that the rush to confirm Amy Coney Barrett had put Roe v. Wade on the ballot.

Trump’s about-face is the latest example of what happens when the GOP’s promises to its social-conservative base collide with the political risks of those promises becoming a reality.

A solid majority of Americans do not want Roe overturned, do not want the ACA overturned, favor a path to citizenship for qualified immigrants, and favor enhanced gun control measures. Repubs have been running in opposition to these positions for years and promising to do something about them.

A solid majority of justices on the SC will soon oppose those majority views. Were I a Repub I would be concerned about the potential electoral backlash to the circumstance that lead the minority to be able to impose its will on the majority.

I can tell you that I don't care about Roe/Wade but the only people who want the ACA are those the rest of us are paying for. My costs went up by 60% because of that POS. Anyone who had employer provided benefits got screwed by the ACA.

Illegals are just that. Illegal. They cost we the tax payer billions each year. If they want to become legal then let them do what others have done. Follow the law. It takes years and thousand of dollars to become a legal American citizen. I have friends who have done it the legal way and they have nothing but contempt for illegals.

You will find that the majority of American want All illegal out of our country. They cost us billions each year.

Your post is ridiculous.

Conservatives don't care what the majority of Americans want; they'll continue to pursue their failed, wrongheaded rightwing agenda.

Conservatives don't care what the majority of Americans want; they'll continue to pursue their failed, wrongheaded rightwing agenda.

Oh and YOU know what the majority of Americans want??

I find that hard to believe.

About the only thing you know is what YOU want.

A solid majority of justices on the SC will soon oppose those majority views. Were I a Repub I would be concerned about the potential electoral backlash to the circumstance that lead the minority to be able to impose it atns is just thcato Rs will on the majority.
A win to Republicans is that in name only.

That's the simplistic view for simplistic thinkers. The nuanced view is the minority currently enjoys systemic advantages frustrating the will of the majority. I understand why you like the status quo...........Repubs are not overly fond of democracy.

That's the simplistic view for simplistic thinkers. The nuanced view is the minority currently enjoys systemic advantages frustrating the will of the majority. I understand why you like the status quo...........Repubs are not overly fond of democracy.

Democrats respect the will of the people? Then why do you run to the courts to overturn elections when you disagree with the way the people voted hmmm? Oh that's gonna leave a mark. :auiqs.jpg:

Democrats respect the will of the people? Then why do you run to the courts to overturn elections when you disagree with the way the people voted hmmm? Oh that's gonna leave a mark. :auiqs.jpg:

LOL They don't care about the will of the people. All they care about is being in charge and making stupid decisions that the American tax payer has to pay for.

Power is all they care about.

New Topics

Forum List

Back