CDZ has NATO and the EU expanded too far into eastern-Europe?

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Putin Says Ukraine Is Controlled by Western Leaders
An adviser to Ukrainian President Zelenskiy's chief of staff dismissed Putin's claims as a "basic element of Russian propaganda."

Local : 2021-06-30(Wednesday) 13:20:00
Found via nicer.app/news

Here's my view on this important matter : ever since the fall of the USSR in the 1980s and 1990s, which according to my view was the result of Soviet misguidance of eastern-European countries, NATO and the EU have expanded steadily east, now even including countries that are right on Russia's western border (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and western-Ukraine), using according to the diverse news sources that i read on this topic, all sorts of bribes for the leaders and populations of these countries to get them to switch allegiance to NATO and the EU.

Should we not, to not antagonize the Russian leaders and population any further, let these states that border on Russia's western border, be more free with regards to who they side with? Can't they side with *both* the EU and Russia, for instance? it would make them excellent diplomatic support sources.

An adviser to Ukrainian President Zelenskiy's chief of staff dismissed Putin's claims as a "basic element of Russian propaganda."

Found via nicer.app/news

Here's my view on this important matter : ever since the fall of the USSR in the 1980s and 1990s, which according to my view was the result of Soviet misguidance of eastern-European countries, NATO and the EU have expanded steadily east, now even including countries that are right on Russia's western border (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and western-Ukraine), using according to the diverse news sources that i read on this topic, all sorts of bribes for the leaders and populations of these countries to get them to switch allegiance to NATO and the EU.

Should we not, to not antagonize the Russian leaders and population any further, let these states that border on Russia's western border, be more free with regards to who they side with? Can't they side with *both* the EU and Russia, for instance? it would make them excellent diplomatic support sources.
Russia is not interested in letting the former satellites go their own way or keep any of the independence they have gained since the end of the cold war. Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet union. That is something that cannot be allowed to happen. Tyrants are never satisfied with any amount of appeasement.

Found via nicer.app/news

Russia is not interested in letting the former satellites go their own way or keep any of the independence they have gained since the end of the cold war. Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet union. That is something that cannot be allowed to happen. Tyrants are never satisfied with any amount of appeasement.
that's not what recent Russian activity in Belarus or east-Ukraine has shown.

Found via nicer.app/news

The economic benefits of being part of the EU are enormous. Former Soviet bloc countries have seen enormous progress due to the advantages conferred. If you visit the Baltic states it is now difficult to tell the differences between the old soviet states and places like Finland.

If you look at Poland and Hungary they are the main outliers with backward attitudes and almost medieval attitudes. They will only take it so far as they do not want to leave the EU. Russia has nothing to offer these places.

Found via nicer.app/news

The EU and Nato will have difficulty winning a conflict in Russia's sphere if Putin decides to move on one of those countries. Crimea? A perfect example of our inability and unwillingness to respond.

Has NATO and the EU expanded too far into eastern-Europe?​

Yes.

In fact, there's no good reason for its existence since the end of the Cold War....It's now a military welfare program for western Europe, whereby the U.S subsidizes their military defense while they bloat up their domestic welfare states.

No. In fact Russia was a NATO partner, when it was on its way to becoming a democratic country and respecting freedom of speech.

Then Putin decided that hostility towards Russia's neighbors is the best way.

Found via nicer.app/news

that's not what recent Russian activity in Belarus or east-Ukraine has shown.
On the contrary, the Russian activities in Belarus ans Eastern Ukraine clearly show that.

Found via nicer.app/news

The end of the Cold War has been hideously botched by the West in general, and by the U.S. in particular.
President Bush (elder) held office when The Wall fell.

Bush SHOULD have known better. Not only was he POTUS. Bush had also been a master spy, head of the CIA.

After WWII the victors lavished recovery resources on the vanquished. The Marshall Plan but one example.
It was transcendent lunacy to fail to do this for the former Soviet.

Failing to do so played right into Putin's Cold War hands. Putin simply prefers an adversarial relationship. That he instead could have presided over a substantially more prosperous former Soviet doesn't appeal to him.

It is a catastrophe that we allowed Putin the choice. And we, and conscience-driven leaders like Navalni will be paying a gargantuan price for this cascade of blunders for the foreseeable future, human generations to come.

Russia has nothing to offer neighboring counties except a broken down country ruled by fascist oligarchs and organized crime so why not join the EU and NATO.

"Should we not be more free" What does that mean.?
In the case of Ukraine, it was USA & EU that hijacked Ukraine with a pack of terrorists. Who knows how much control the Yankees & geniuses at the EU have in Ukraine now?

No. In fact Russia was a NATO partner, when it was on its way to becoming a democratic country and respecting freedom of speech.

Then Putin decided that hostility towards Russia's neighbors is the best way.

The Soviet Union was never in NATO.

Molotov proposed that the Soviet Union join NATO but it never went anywhere.

NATO was formed to contain the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union joining its enemy was ridiculous.

The Soviet Union was never in NATO.

Molotov proposed that the Soviet Union join NATO but it never went anywhere.

NATO was formed to contain the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union joining its enemy was ridiculous.
It was not ridiculous at the time, as Russia was on its way toward democracy. However, it was done in a haphazard manner, rather than gradually. Putin, being Putin, nixed it in favor of autocracy.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
No sane country wants to be a part of HATO
Here is the nature of their minds and hearts:
Murder, terror, mayhem, suffering and destruction is what they did to Yugoslavia, Libya, Serbia, East Ukraine, Syria & to Russia

Attachments

• HATO.jpg
    HATO.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Forum List

Back