Has anyone tried BRAVE for their browser?

Replaces third party ads with own ads.

One can end ads and tracking easily by installing the respective block lists:
www.easylist.to

In Opera one doesn´t need to install an adblocker because it includes one. There are already several block lists, you just need to import them by checking the boxes. Also, you can import any list. The lists do not only block ads but also malware and trackers. Its far better to add a malware list than to upload all your activities to google.

Today was the first time I have heard of it so I am curious and thinking about trying it out. The reviews seem positive and I like the idea of not being tracked by any one single entity and their advertisers.

How to Fix the Web | Join Brave and change the web together
No not yet but it looks intriguing.

Brave browser review 2017: So much potential, so much to catch up

But then they may be facing legal challenges if they really start digging into the major advertisers revenue source which in my humble opinion needs to be dug into..........
Newspapers: Ad-Blocking Brave Browser Is Illegal, Deceptive

More on the browser;
Want true privacy? You need to check out this browser

Replaces third party ads with own ads.

One can end ads and tracking easily by installing the respective block lists:
www.easylist.to

In Opera one doesn´t need to install an adblocker because it includes one. There are already several block lists, you just need to import them by checking the boxes. Also, you can import any list. The lists do not only block ads but also malware and trackers. Its far better to add a malware list than to upload all your activities to google.
Only if you chose to receive their ads, you can opt out and still use the browser for free.

I just downloaded and installed it, will really try it out later. In settings you do have to click on the block ads but the Bitcoin shopping (their ads) is already turned off so you have to opt in if you want to use it. The problem for me is it's based on Chromium no menu bar (I like my menu bar) and Adobe Flash does not work, Pepperflash needs to be installed instead.

My mistake, it allowed me to activate a menu bar. :thup:

Last edited:
I just downloaded and installed it, will really try it out later. In settings you do have to click on the block ads but the Bitcoin shopping (their ads) is already turned off so you have to opt in if you want to use it. The problem for me is it's based on Chromium no menu bar (I like my menu bar) and Adobe Flash does not work, Pepperflash needs to be installed instead.
Does it support HTML5 video?

Good question since I don't know what that is.

HTML5 Video

They are trying to transition over from using flash as the internet default video player for this standard. I don't recall off the top of My head, but I think they did this because Apple does not support flash.

HTML5 Video

They are trying to transition over from using flash as the internet default video player for this standard. I don't recall off the top of My head, but I think they did this because Apple does not support flash.
I installed Pepperflash and just checked YouTube, works just fine. Also tried your link, it played just fine also.

Just a note, I'm running Brave on Ubuntu 16.04 not Windows.
The underlying O/S won't matter with regard to Browser support for HTML5. I've never heard of Pepperflash. Must be a Linux Kernal version of Flashplayer.

I'll have to download this browser and check it out. Thanks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back