Has anyone elses tastebuds reset?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...when it comes to fast food?

I haven't eaten out much in the last couple of months and just got home yesterday. Had a Arby's traditional gyro and it was especially good...surprisingly so.

Today the wife wanted Mickey Dee's and I had a Big Mac. The meat tasted awful...so I'm wondering...has it always been this bad and I never noticed, like the frog being boiled...or is this just Coronavirus taking it's toll on quality?

Any thoughts?

I haven't eaten out much in the last couple of months and just got home yesterday. Had a Arby's traditional gyro and it was especially good...surprisingly so.

Today the wife wanted Mickey Dee's and I had a Big Mac. The meat tasted awful...so I'm wondering...has it always been this bad and I never noticed, like the frog being boiled...or is this just Coronavirus taking it's toll on quality?

Any thoughts?

I think fast food is just getting worse.
When I was say 15 the burgers actually tasted like beef.
These days they're not much better than the ones you ate at school.
I base this on home made burgers still tasting the same as they did back then.

Any thoughts?

All fast food quality deteriorates as they find cheaper materials for which to charge the same or higher price.

I remember when Roy Rogers first opened in the 70s. They were juicy and delicious, especially when compared to their rivals. Within ten years the burgers became like dry, meat-flavored oatmeal patties.

Any thoughts?

Actual flame broiled Whoppers and McDonald's fries cooked in beef tallow...don't remind me how far we've fallen since our youth. :(

Any thoughts?
I don't eat that shit anymore. Probably spoiled meat dropped on the floor being handled by a kid with pimples who doesn't wash his hands who spit on it when he saw old people were getting it. They blame us for their "incarceration." Years ago I was in a McDeath and watch as the girl at the window stuck her hand in and helped herself to customer fries as the cars pulled up to the drive through window. :smoke:

Any thoughts?

Actual flame broiled Whoppers and McDonald's fries cooked in beef tallow...don't remind me how far we've fallen since our youth. :(

The day they stopped deep frying the tater tots at school was the beginning of the downward spiral.

Any thoughts?

All fast food quality deteriorates as they find cheaper materials for which to charge the same or higher price.

I remember when Roy Rogers first opened in the 70s. They were juicy and delicious, especially when compared to their rivals. Within ten years the burgers became like dry, meat-flavored oatmeal patties.
You know there are still a few Roy Rogers out there. I catch them when I traverse the PA turnpike. Their 'fixins bar' was ahead of its time.

Any thoughts?
Fast food has alot of calories in it. Cooking for yourself usually doesn't.
They put alot of extras into it to make it taste better....stuff you don't need.
Nothing is better than a meal of Lemon Chicken and rice....and a salad with vinegar dressing....washed down with a big glass of ice-water.

Any thoughts?
I hope you're okay in a few hours. Sounds like "off" meat to me.

Any thoughts?
Had a quarter pounder with cheese yesterday for the first time in years and it was awful...couldn't finish it so I threw a frozen meal in the oven....

Any thoughts?
Fast food has alot of calories in it. Cooking for yourself usually doesn't.
They put alot of extras into it to make it taste better....stuff you don't need.
Nothing is better than a meal of Lemon Chicken and rice....and a salad with vinegar dressing....washed down with a big glass of ice-water.
From time to time I will cook a bunch of chicken breast in the oven on Sunday and put them in the freezer for a quick meal during the week....with broccoli or spinach...sans the taters because of carbs....

McDonald's has sucked for a long time now. On the upside, the suck is consistent nationwide, so at least you know what you'll be getting coast to coast.

The only fast food I do these days is Moe's (welcome to Moe's!). That's some good eats...

Any thoughts?

Yeah, Arby's, Subway, and Jimmy John's are just about the only fast food joints I can tolerate anymore.

Any thoughts?

Yep. I'm ok with that though.

I think it's always been bad.

Any thoughts?

I haven't eaten McDonalds for years. I prefer Burgur King because the flame broling like grilling adds much to the taste. I think the last time I did McDonalds was either Paris or Shanghai out of sheer desperation to get myself a burger fix.

New Topics

Forum List

Back