Has anyone else crushed the market in 2020?

C’mon
Be more specific and give actual numbers
30% on 10k is way different than 25% on a million.

So be specific.
Who turned $2k into $10k on what stock?
Who turned your 401k from 700k to over a Million and which funds?

Don’t be shy. Big Difference between $$$ and %%%.

That said.
The Stock Market is not the Economy.

I am at 18%.... but now you have to put in the hours. Stocks are so manipulated it is very difficult to keep up with the daily ups and downs.
At the same time, technicals are still important, but fundamentals often play only a minor role it what creates swings.. but are all completely affected by the whims of the market. Most of my assets are in traditional long term positions, but I make the most in short term folly of bottom feeding... buying the dips, selling the rise. So many small cap charts look like an EKG reading. Which is awesome, if you constantly look...look again...look again.

In 2021 I'm at 19.5% presently, and ended 2020 even better than that. Back in April of 2020, I was at -35%, had lost over a third of my portfolio. I knew it would come back though, like it always does.

I don't do any day trading, don't spend much time looking at charts, but think it is extremely important to spot trends. In the 80's growth was with blue chips, the 90's were computers and software, the aughts was the tech stocks, the 10's were mega online retailers like Amazon, and the 20's are going to be green energy, namely EV's.

Don't know what THMO stands for.
US pot stocks are easy money too

LONG: CURLF, GTBIF, TCNNF, CRLBF, AYRWF, PLNHF
Pot stocks are pretty risky, a lot of wolves in sheep clothing. Having said that, the legit ones have all had a great run this month.
I like your collection here. I got burned with PLNHF... bought some in December, ended up selling late January at a small loss.
Up until this month, they weren't too awesome. If you had positions prior to this month - congratulations!

C’mon

So be specific.
Who turned your 401k from 700k to over a Million and which funds?

Don’t be shy. Big Difference between $$$ and %%%.

That said.
The Stock Market is not the Economy.
True, but that also depends on your position.
The guy who works out in the shop bought a lot of OTC penny stocks, picked several big winners and made over a grand on a single penny stock.
A great example is $CLIS ..... L O V E this one... got some great information on this little company last week. Bought a small position of $200 worth at $.095. It is now $.40. I made almost $700.
(And btw - DOR, it is not done.)
And not too late for $GMBL either

C’mon

So be specific.

I bought 6500 shares of a particular stock, my first purchase was 1200 shares at $3.30 a share, I next bought 2000 shares at $5.12 a share, I then purchased another 3300 shares of this stock at between $8.00 and $9.50 a share, over a couple of different times. This was all done between March and November of 2020.

The stock closed at $21.03 on Friday.

C’mon

So be specific.

I bought 6500 shares of a particular stock, my first purchase was 1200 shares at $3.30 a share, I next bought 2000 shares at $5.12 a share, I then purchased another 3300 shares of this stock at between $8.00 and $9.50 a share, over a couple of different times. This was all done between March and November of 2020.

Nicely done fella.
I have some longs, but didn't fair quite that well.
Most of the high %s I make are on retail bottom feeding. (Buying the dips) And cashing out short.
Example, I bought a small position of 50 shares of $GMBL last week at $8.19, it reached $19.65 2/10. I did not cash out, I bought more for $15 late last week. It is now at $16.87.
It is not done. I believe this one will reach $30 easily by end of March. And higher. They are rated as one of the top possible movers of 2021. Do the research, this is not advise.

C’mon

So be specific.

Nicely done fella.
I have some longs, but didn't fair quite that well.
Most of the high %s I make are on retail bottom feeding. (Buying the dips) And cashing out short.
Example, I bought a small position of 50 shares of $GMBL last week at $8.19, it reached $19.65 2/10. I did not cash out, I bought more for $15 late last week. It is now at $16.87.
It is not done. I believe this one will reach $30 easily by end of March. And higher. They are rated as one of the top possible movers of 2021. Do the research, this is not advise.

The key to winning at the stock market is always going to be playing the long game. You have to know when to hold em and when to fold em, but if you get in now at a low price and you think the future of green energy is going to explode, as I do, you buy and you wait. And as you wait, you watch your money grow. If you feel your investment is not going to grow, sell and put it somewhere that it will. I don't buy and sell based on dips, that's not my strategy, I invest and I wait. I own one particular stock that is highly volatile, and could easily make money selling it on the rise and buying on the dip, but I don't want to play that game.

I like your eSports stock, without doing any research, it seems to be something that is exploding in popularity, there are professional athletes "playing" these sports on television, and people actually watch it. If you think it will double, now is the time to increase your holdings. Good luck!

I am at 18%.... but now you have to put in the hours. Stocks are so manipulated it is very difficult to keep up with the daily ups and downs.
At the same time, technicals are still important, but fundamentals often play only a minor role it what creates swings.. but are all completely affected by the whims of the market. Most of my assets are in traditional long term positions, but I make the most in short term folly of bottom feeding... buying the dips, selling the rise. So many small cap charts look like an EKG reading. Which is awesome, if you constantly look...look again...look again.

In 2021 I'm at 19.5% presently, and ended 2020 even better than that. Back in April of 2020, I was at -35%, had lost over a third of my portfolio. I knew it would come back though, like it always does.

I don't do any day trading, don't spend much time looking at charts, but think it is extremely important to spot trends. In the 80's growth was with blue chips, the 90's were computers and software, the aughts was the tech stocks, the 10's were mega online retailers like Amazon, and the 20's are going to be green energy, namely EV's.

Pot stocks are pretty risky, a lot of wolves in sheep clothing. Having said that, the legit ones have all had a great run this month.
I like your collection here. I got burned with PLNHF... bought some in December, ended up selling late January at a small loss.
Up until this month, they weren't too awesome. If you had positions prior to this month - congratulations!
US pot stocks are the easiest money in the market for 2021 and beyond.
There are a lot of catalysts for growth, and when they uplist to Nasdaq they will explode.

We are in the very early innings for US cannabis.

I also like GMBL, gambling on Esports whats not to like. I also bought FEAC, the spac for SKLZ, which has been easy money.

Last edited:

There are a lot of catalysts for growth, and when they uplist to Nasdaq they will explode.

I also like GMBL, gambling on Esports whats not to like. I also bought FEAC, the spac for SKLZ, which has been easy money.
I will look those up thanks!
I also have a position with REKR, just coming off of a public offering that only mildly affected their price... but nevertheless, in a good spot to pop for more.

My 401K went up six figures in 2020, and that is after I took a penalty free withdrawal of $52K to pay off all my outstanding debt. I also took $20K and put it in E*Trade, and it has doubled in less than a year. 2020 was my best year ever, financially, mainly because of my investments in EV's and lithium battery producers, but most of my other holdings in my portfolio have climbed as well.

2020 was no horror show for me.
When I retired I went very conservative in stocks so just modest gains there, but did very well with real estate in 2020.

I will look those up thanks!
I also have a position with REKR, just coming off of a public offering that only mildly affected their price... but nevertheless, in a good spot to pop for more.
My most bullish microcap for 2021 is PKKFF.
They operate a finetech platform in China, the TAM is the largest I have ever seen for a micro. But there are risks, check it out.

Man oh man!!.... today must be what it feels like to be a woman at a shopping mall!!
Buy! Buy! Buy!
And just who are these morons who are selling clearly below their positions??

Man oh man!!.... today must be what it feels like to be a woman at a shopping mall!!
Buy! Buy! Buy!

Yep, mornings like this are a gift. I added to five of my positions and entered into two more.

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Yep, mornings like this are a gift. I added to five of my positions and entered into two more.
I did the same, I added 2 more and beefed up 4 others.
Be looking awesome in another week.
Best advice out there, one of my twitter subs said this morning.... "alright folks, today is going to be a sea of red.. keep your wits, buy only stocks you are already in, or have been watching anyway!... don't go crazy buying stocks you are not familiar with on a day like today"

True that.

Buy! Buy! Buy!
I bought THCB heavy this morning !
It's a great company and going to be a big winner

Looooooooooooooooooooove GMBL!!
God I have been making a killing in and outing the past 10 days !! If you look at a one month chart, you'll see the past 10 days looks like a saw blade.... awesome. Now it is taking again.... for now

My 401K went up six figures in 2020, and that is after I took a penalty free withdrawal of $52K to pay off all my outstanding debt. I also took $20K and put it in E*Trade, and it has doubled in less than a year. 2020 was my best year ever, financially, mainly because of my investments in EV's and lithium battery producers, but most of my other holdings in my portfolio have climbed as well.

Pinochijoe has it tanking now.

Truth in that... saw a report today that with his TDS reactionary EOs - he has made history in placing more regulations on the Federal regulatory books by a President in a single year in U.S. history.

Shut it, this thread is for investors.

Forum List

Back