Has any society anywhere benefited from Muslim emigration?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Is France better off as a result of huge numbers of Muslims migrating there? How about England? How about Germany? How about Sweden? How about the U.S.? Is there a single society that we can look upon and say that they are now better as a result of Muslims emigrating there?

depends upon whom you ask. Talk to a muslim from South east Asia-----
I have known muslims who insist that first time the people there learned
ANYTHING ----was when the place became the MOGHUL EMPIRE and people
LEARNED to make chappatis

• Banned
How many Muslim doctors have emigrated, for instance, to the U.S.? I would believe that to be a benefit, if sufficient numbers have come here.

Is France better off as a result of huge numbers of Muslims migrating there? How about England? How about Germany? How about Sweden? How about the U.S.? Is there a single society that we can look upon and say that they are now better as a result of Muslims emigrating there?
Let me guess. You are the scion of a European Christian who migrated to America and was welcomed warmly and given every opportunity. Can you give us an example of how America is better off because you are here?

Let me guess. You are the scion of a European Christian who migrated to America and was welcomed warmly and given every opportunity. Can you give us an example of how America is better off because you are here?

I guess the OP should have known better than to expect more than a deflection.

What did you expect from such an arrogant holier-than-thou post? If the OP can show me how he/she/it has benefitted American society, I'll cite a Muslim....in medicine, technology, entertainment, invention..whatever. The poster projects that he/she/it is better than others simply because he/she/it is not born Muslim.

What did you expect from such an arrogant holier-than-thou post? If the OP can show me how he/she/it has benefitted American society, I'll cite a Muslim....in medicine, technology, entertainment, invention..whatever. The poster projects that he/she/it is better than others simply because he/she/it is not born Muslim.

The poster is suggesting that Muslim immigration in modern times has not benefited any country, and that the contrary is true. It's not a question about individuals.

You especially need to watch out for gay, crack-smoking Moslems from Kenya...

It only takes ONE of them to fuck up an entire country!!!

The poster is suggesting that Muslim immigration in modern times has not benefited any country, and that the contrary is true. It's not a question about individuals.
Confounding, the individual is as great as the sum. It is easy to grasp a large group that we equivocate into 'them' when in actuality it is a large group of individuals and that is what counts. I'm guessing there is a majority of American Muslims that practice American values as well or better than the OP, but their activities as neighbors and friends and community contributors are never heard of outside their own neighborhoods.

Confounding, the individual is as great as the sum. It is easy to grasp a large group that we equivocate into 'them' when in actuality it is a large group of individuals and that is what counts. I'm guessing there is a majority of American Muslims that practice American values as well or better than the OP, but their activities as neighbors and friends and community contributors are never heard of outside their own neighborhoods.
I'm guessing that's extremely rare based on who they send to Congress.

There are lots of good, honest and hardworking Muslims that don't deserve to be associated with people that are less so. The OP is asking you to look at it from the big picture though. Yes, some individuals are adding to these societies, but the OP would like a big picture answer on whether or not Muslim, or probably more accurately, whether or not Middle Eastern immigration has benefited any nation in modern times. I'd say from a completely practical position the answer is no. My argument to the OP would be that this needs to be more than just a practical argument though. There is an empathetic and human part of the argument that matters too. What is the right thing to do? What would Jesus do? There are good but desperate people that are suffering. Do we ignore their plight because some are bad and overall their immigration doesn't benefit us economically? Or do we overlook that because it's the right thing to do? This is a complicated and nuanced problem.

surely you jest? the Europeans built America

..the islamists/muslims are good at committing terrorism ...the islamist/muslim countries are only 1 step above mega shithole Africa

From the European settlers you have infrastructure, lights, and telephones and much more, so yeah the European settlers to this country brought a lot beside disease and genocide...

Same could be said about the Moors invasion of Europe during the dark ages help countries like Spain.

In today time many Muslims live across America working in Engineering to Medical services and contribute daily to our society while living peacefully amongst the Judeo Christian society of America.

Yes, from time to time a rise of radical occur but it has been a few years now since the last real nutter rose up.

So how have Muslims help today society?

From the taxes to they pay in while working many high earning professions to running local gas stations to running local markets they contribute a good amount.

That is a big negative...... The have only destroyed the areas they inhabit. Dearborn Mi, as an example

I take it that you don't want to answer any of my questions in the OP. Undoubtedly, you don't like the answers. Thanks for making my point.

The great thing about having Moozlimes is pork prices plummet
180513_orig.jpg

There are lots of good, honest and hardworking Muslims that don't deserve to be associated with people that are less so. The OP is asking you to look at it from the big picture though. Yes, some individuals are adding to these societies, but the OP would like a big picture answer on whether or not Muslim, or probably more accurately, whether or not Middle Eastern immigration has benefited any nation in modern times. I'd say from a completely practical position the answer is no. My argument to the OP would be that this needs to be more than just a practical argument though. There is an empathetic and human part of the argument that matters too. What is the right thing to do? What would Jesus do? There are good but desperate people that are suffering. Do we ignore their plight because some are bad and overall their immigration doesn't benefit us economically? Or do we overlook that because it's the right thing to do? This is a complicated and nuanced problem.
""Yes, some individuals are adding to these societies, but the OP would like a big picture answer on whether or not Muslim, or probably more accurately, whether or not Middle Eastern immigration has benefited any nation in modern times.""
Can we Start with Danny Thomas and family as individuals adding to society?

As for 'big picture', don't you resent being accused because you are part of some group, either ethnic, or by religion or by common cause or by skin color or by nationality? When Truman OK'd dropping a couple of atomic bombs on Japan, it wasn't Truman, it was America. When Trump betrayed the Kurds, it was America...you and me. And yet all of us want to be judged as individuals while putting our enemies in a box. Hence my question of what outstanding feat has the OP done that is greater than any Muslim or Middle Easterner such as the Thomas clan for example?

surely you jest? the Europeans built America
""surely you jest? the Europeans built America[/QUOTE]""
Europeans 'supervised' building America, but in a large part of this nation, including the White House, unpaid blacks built America..and everything south of the Mason Dixon line. Something along the line of..'those who can do, those who can't teach'.
I am reminded of that theme by Lord Byron (I think it was him) when he talked of a society that forces a man to be a bootblack, then puts him down because of his occupation.

Forum List

Back