Harvard refuses to give Cornel West tenure, he threatens to leave in response...is it because he's black?

Safari shows 277 day old expired certificate and won't let me go to Boston Review.
But here are other links - Looks like BS to me. I love Brother West also.

More than likely it is because he is more conservative and black on top of that. He just doesn't fit into the current BLM mold and the politics thereof.

• Banned
it stinks, it smells, it looks suspicious...it is unethical and should be illegal!

Oh, yes.

Harvard would never dare say "No" to certain folks.

So I assume that he was not woke enough for some of the student scholars there.

Safari shows 277 day old expired certificate and won't let me go to Boston Review.
But here are other links - Looks like BS to me. I love Brother West also.

Of course it’s not because he’s black. It’s because he speaks truth to power. He exposes our corrupt imperialist government and economic system that is controlled by Wall Street and the MIC.

He exposed Ears as the “black mascot for Wall Street.” For this, the establishment will never forgive him.

Of course it’s not because he’s black. It’s because he speaks truth to power. He exposes our corrupt imperialist government and economic system that is controlled by Wall Street and the MIC.

He exposed Ears as the “black mascot for Wall Street.” For this, the establishment will never forgive him.

I am familiar with West's criticisms of Obama. Dude is kinda crazy - but likable in a strange way.

west-303af2b426051a21df8a5bec31dd678fb72add41-s800-c85.jpg

The claim that Harvard University would treat him as they are out of racial prejudice is so preposterous that anyone typing such a thing should have his two typing fingers wither and fall off.

There is an explanation; we don't know what it is. It is NOT racial animus.

a lot of folk were denied tenure at Harvard...the Bob Sacamanos, the Methusala Jones, the Mary Mooneys...i wonder why...in fact, i demand a special federal prosecutor to look into the issue!

A little crisis of the professional managerial class of Black folk, yes, it’s important, but it still pales in the face of the catastrophes of our brothers and sisters who constitute the masses of Black and poor working people. We always have to work with what we have, and we have to use what we have in order not to sell our souls for a mess of pottage. The saddest thing that happens is when those folk who adjust to injustice then parade around as a success. We’re talking about greatness here.

Greatness does not adjust to injustice. It doesn’t adapt to indifference and then pose and posture as if that is success. Not at all. The worst thing that could happen is that young folk think that it’s just about getting into the academy to be successful, become the next wave of peacocks. That’s not what it’s about at all

You have to acknowledge that there’s new styles of Jim Crow in the life of the mind and the country. It’s just a fact

i agree, he's a dinosaur, someone on FOX News even called him exactly that, but i still love him

Forum List

Back