Harry Reid now calls Romney a 'very fine human being' after false 2012 claim he didn't pay taxes

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
God Bless American unity. Harry has finally seen the light. The link has the original allegations.

Imagine all of the Dems in the future talking about how great Trump was, after China decides to attack a U.S ally.

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid heaped praise on Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, in a recent podcast, raising questions about the former Senate Democratic leader's suggestion during the 2012 presidential campaign that the latter didn't pay his taxes.

Reid told the Salt Lake Tribune that he and Romney had a "make up" meeting of sorts after Romney lost his presidential bid as the Republican party's nominee.

"I asked my friend of many, many years, Gov. [Mike] Leavitt of Utah who had been head of Health and Human Services, to arrange a meeting with me and Mitt Romney after the election," Reid said in a "Mormon Land" podcast published last week.

"And we had a meeting at his home in Salt Lake where Mitt and I talked about probably how we had done things wrong about each other and our wives were there and we had a very nice meeting -- kind of a make-up session. So, I admire Mitt Romney. I think he's a very very fine human being."

It's unclear what exactly the two spoke about, but Reid caused a stir in 2012 when he spoke about Romney from the Senate floor. "The word's out that he hasn't paid any taxes for 10 years. Let him prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn't," Reid said. Romney later released returns showing that he paid $1.9 million in taxes in 2011.

Why would anyone be concerned about what Harry Reid thinks?

Unity for America rather than division. Hopefully Dems and MSM will do the same to Trump, it's important.

I don’t think unity means a thing to Reid or most politicians, Reid didn’t apologize because he meant it, he apologized because it is what two faced politicians do.

Harry (the stinky tourist) Reid matters why? Isn't he retired or something and on the publics dime I might add- for what? Decades of serving whom?

These guys are all frauds. They’re enemies in the public square, but behind the scenes they’re all buddy buddy. They don’t call politics a career for nothing

Forum List

Back