Harry Reid calls for end to all caucuses

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Not sure what to make of this...

"Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) called on the Democratic Party to abandon the caucus system on Sunday in a statement released following the caucuses held in his home state.

Reid said in a statement that the Nevada Democratic Party "did a good job" with Saturday's caucuses following the chaos in Iowa after its first-in-the-nation contest, while calling on the caucus system to be dropped entirely.

“I am so proud of the Nevada Democratic Party, its talented staff, and the thousands of grassroots volunteers who have done so much hard work over the years to build this operation. We have the best state party in the country, and that was shown again this past week after another successful caucus that featured a historic four days of early voting with more than 10,000 new voter registrations," Reid said of the Nevada Democratic Party.

“With so much Democratic enthusiasm in Nevada, demonstrated again by the tremendous caucus turnout this year, I believe we should make the process of selecting our nominee even more accessible," Reid continued, adding: "That’s why I believe it’s time for the Democratic Party to move to primaries everywhere."

Harry Reid calls for end to all caucuses

Forum List

Back