Harry Potter Camp Information/Supply List

Jesus didn't fear temptation like the rest of us do, so we have to be understanding to Christians who feel that way.

Yeah, but this wasn't a Christian though. It was somebody a few posts up that called our religion fake and somebody like that isn't a Christ follower. That was my point, we don't (or at least I don't) tell anybody they're going to Hell if they don't believe in Jesus, so why are they being disrespectful towards our beliefs? I apologize for getting off topic but I felt like this needed to be addressed.

Mods have it indicated under their avi.

Yeah, I just realized that lol well anyways,.. any story ideas? Also, don't forget that the flying Ford Anglia takes off at four pm et today. I think I have it down to a T of how to deal with trolls though. I never want to be mean or to let them think that they're getting attention, but I also want them to know that they can't walk all over me either. It just amazes me that we never try to shove our religion down their throats (at least I don't because Jesus never wanted to force Himself on anybody either) but they try to shove their beliefs down ours. :rolleyes:
I think a shrinking charm....but it's dangerous if not done properly.

Jesus didn't fear temptation like the rest of us do, so we have to be understanding to Christians who feel that way.

Yeah, but this wasn't a Christian though. It was somebody a few posts up that called our religion fake and somebody like that isn't a Christ follower. That was my point, we don't (or at least I don't) tell anybody they're going to Hell if they don't believe in Jesus, so why are they being disrespectful towards our beliefs? I apologize for getting off topic but I felt like this needed to be addressed.
One of the things that happens when people become 'educated' is they tend to replace God with something else.....and look down on others. They also don't understand the difference between the Old and the New Testament.

One of the things that happens when people become 'educated' is they tend to replace God with something else.....and look down on others. They also don't understand the difference between the Old and the New Testament.

What do you mean by that?

Yeah, but I just need some time to think about it first is all.

Liberals aren't really liberal-minded at times.
The Old Testament was a story about the people of Israel...whereas the New Testament was about the teachings of Jesus. Most agnostics believe there's no difference.

Yeah,.. but still. They shouldn't__ you know what never mind. I guess we just have to be the bigger person in the end.

Yeah,.. but still. They shouldn't__ you know what never mind. I guess we just have to be the bigger person in the end.
The primary source of most of the criticisms of Christianity comes from examples that agnostics obtained from the Old Testament.
Christianity didn't exist in the Old Testament.
It's like using the Koran to attack a Baptist.

Christianity might have not existed as a religion, but God has existed since before time.

187142009_1919971131487322_834674580305857697_n.jpg

When's the bonfire? I want to try out my new wand.
Does your wand have a sleet feature button? :muahaha:
If you mean a sleep feature.....

There are sleeping spells....

But I learned that not eating 2 hours before bed and not doing any kind of work during that time will help you get to sleep. And if all else fails....try reading a Army Tech Manual.....that usually does the trick.
Truly, I was going to say snow-melting when I recalled sleet, which sounds better but is actually unpleasant stuff.

No work for two hours? So much for "Shop till you drop.." :springbed:

Last edited:
When's the bonfire? I want to try out my new wand.
Does your wand have a sleet feature button? :muahaha:
If you mean a sleep feature.....

There are sleeping spells....

But I learned that not eating 2 hours before bed and not doing any kind of work during that time will help you get to sleep. And if all else fails....try reading a Army Tech Manual.....that usually does the trick.
Truly, I was going to say snow-melting when I recalled sleet, which sounds better but is actually unpleasant stuff.

No work? So much for "Shop till you
drop.." :springbed:

Hey guess what guys? I just got an official stamp of approval that as long as we aren't using it towards each other we're still allowed to cuss. In other words, I can call Umbitch a dumb fuck if I want to since it doesn't hurt anybody in this thread. :)

Do these Harry Pottyheads realize this is all just a fantasy world described in a children's book and not real? ... :dunno:

Personally, I could never get interested in any of the movies finding it all too childish and silly.
Folks that are obsessed with these novels, don't know good children's literature. It is pushed by the establishment too hard.

My kid really liked them and thought they were the best, till I introduced him to Michael Ende's work.

Rowling doesn't hold a candle to him.

Most folks that have read both agree.

I don’t think you understand..

As the books progressed, and the children grew up, it became a lot darker. The realisation of the reality of life. And the bonds of friendship.

Liberals aren't really liberal-minded at times.
The Old Testament was a story about the people of Israel...whereas the New Testament was about the teachings of Jesus. Most agnostics believe there's no difference.

Well that “love thy neighbour” thing was nothing new.

It came from the Torah.

Forum List

Back