Harry and Meghan paying price for trying to change valued tradition

I get the impression they want their cake, and eat it too. They don't want to do the "job" of the Royals, but want all the money, and all the perks.

Exactly.

And the titles.

Which they’ve tried to trade on.

I’ve no problems with them wanting to go away and live in privacy and obscurity.

So why didn’t they?

Wonder how much Oprah paid them for the interview.

Apparently they got nothing.

At least not traceable by the IRS anyway.

Oh yes. I never thought of that.

you cook up in your head that black folks have just cooked this shit up in their heads

Wait, Meghan Markle is Black?!

meghan-markle-visits-the-iconic-titanic-belfast-during-their-visit-to-northern-ireland-on-marc...jpg

The British monarchy is the world's oldest, and most expensive soap opera, and this is just another episode of a diamond-studded As the World Turns that features upper-crust ladies wearing weird concoctions on their heads (some royal wore tall one to a wedding that looked like an antenna and I wondered what she was receiving on it). It's entertainment and has even featured a few beheadings in the past, but of the British stuff, I prefer old Eastenders, an ongoing saga of working-class folks in east London that has been on the air since 1985, complete with fist fights, musical beds, murder plots, family secrets, and car crashes. Any "royal family" is just a group of humans who have had the good fortune and misfortune of having had the parents they had, which has entitled them to privileges like being bowed to and having gold toilet seats and having their personal lives lived in the public square, with the hyper-active British tabloid press now watching every move.

The British have some cool stuff, like the Tower of London and the bedazzling crown jewels, and I love seeing old stuff, the older the better. But take this present scandal lightly. We don't know who said or did what to whom. Another will come along soon. Randy Andy's isn't over yet.

Those of us below the salt will just watch with amusement.

I'm surprised Meghan doesn't realize that treating the new Princess like a POS is British Royal Family tradition ... surely she must have read a book or two on English History before she joined "The Firm".

Wallis Simpson -- Diana Spencer -- Sarah (Fergie) Ferguson -- all of them got the cold-shoulder (or much worse) from the Royal Family

Suck it up, Princess ... you want the palaces, you pay your dues, at least they didn't try to kill you...yet

PROD-Car-crash-involving-Princess-Diana-of-Wales-and-Dodi-Fayed-1997.jpg

They should have known better, especially Harry. Don't ever mess with tradition.

---The moment everyone in the world has been waiting for — except, perhaps, the press office at Buckingham Palace — has arrived: Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have spilled the royal tea to Oprah Winfrey in "Oprah with Meghan and Harry," a CBS special.---

I hate these royal welfare bums
All stolen money that should be returned and donated
The British are repulsive
We had a referendum on that not long ago (Oz). Frankly it is a mature Political system with all the bugs ironed out (mostly) and it has the bonus of the Governor General being able to send the Government back to the people. The Queen is OUR Queen also and she is both admired and respected. Harry I like but he was always a bit ...(fragile is NOT the right word) ......disoriented maybe. OK; Charlie is a bit of a kook but Prince William seems fine. They are important cogs in the Government but NOT in Politics. As for the yank lass? Meh....minor role but still, as Harry's squeeze, as long as she looks after him I really don't care.

Greg

I'm kind of like the Queen and the Royal Pomp And Circumstance myself.
Absolutely NOTHING wrong with a Constitutional Monarchy. The Family is born TO A LIFE OF SERVICE; they take it seriously as one would expect. In times of strife one turns to them for direction and solace (as a population). The concept of "The Crown" is difficult to explain.

"The first thing to mention is what actually is the crown. Not the physical crown, the metaphorical crown. The crown is a legal term used to describe the monarch as head of state; the position of monarch is synonymous with the crown. The two are not separable and cannot be used to mean different people. The crown refers to the sovereign of a particular state.
Believe it or not, The Queen holds 16 (probably more, if you include the crown of Scotland &c.) metaphorical crowns. It is a common misconception that countries other than the UK which Her Majesty is head of are attached to the UK and therefore only count as one crown, in fact, The Queen is technically head of the 16 Commonwealth Realms separately, this means even if the UK were to abolish its monarchy, The Queen would still be head of 15 other countries.

‘The Crown’ as a term is considered to represent the legal position of The Queen as head of state rather than her personally or an individual.

Unlike individual monarchs, the term ‘The Crown’ can be used to describe the current reigning monarch and because of the way the British Monarchy works, the Crown can never die (as the new monarch immediately succeeds to the Crown upon the demise of the previous)."

When Dear old Queen Liz passes away, and may it be a LONG time hence, the words uttered will be: "The Queen is dead; long live the King".

Greg

PS: Re Harry and his beloved; I NOT believe ANY SHIT THAT APPEARS IN THE MEDIA!!!!
A life of service, lol.
16f81a35ae1894a2eb4b3e594b6d1d0f.jpg

Prince%20William%20and%20Kate%20Middleton%20are%20carried%20on%20thrones%20as%20locals%20sing%20upon%20their%20arrival%20at%20Funafuti%20in%20Tuvalu

At least Harry would never have the balls to tell Megan to give him a 'BJ'.
They "just want to live an authentic life" in fucking CAL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a 14.5 million dollar mansion!!!!!!!!!! With BLACK and HISPANIC servants (slaves) picking up after them and cleaning their shitter.
I give the fucking joke marriage another year or so then Megan will take off with some negro gangbanger rapper and sue Harry for every fucking penny the British taxpayers have given him. She'll dump the "brats" on Harry. Harry will move back to his 'mommy' and marry another fucking gold digger loser.
They'll find Megan with a fucking needle in her arm behind a Walmart dumpster.
Now THAT's a Dr. Seuss book I'd buy!

Harry has got himself a genuine American victim. A victim needs an abuser to justify being a victim. After victim meagan has milked the royal family for every tear of done her wrong Queen meagan will remember she's married to a.white guy. The victim train will chug on.

You racist hags are sick, you cook up in your head that black folks have just cooked this shit up in their heads and according to fools like you racism and discrimination has NEVER existed.
I don't think she made it up.....I think Brits are racist people.....they kidnapped, and brought slaves to America, really all over the world...and not just Africans, but all sorts of racist.

Really, the entire USA is victims of their racist policies....BLM should be asking the Queen for money not the US taxpayer

How many black Americans have experienced racism in Britain?

upper-crust ladies wearing weird concoctions on their heads

They're called "Fascinators" --- and even Lady Gaga wouldn't wear them.

View attachment 465376

Wow! You found it! Fascinating, indeed. The one on the right! Is she receiving instructions from the mothership? Calming impulses to her brain to help her through the boring proceedings? The one on the left looks like she has an odd-shaped bowl of grapes with a strange bird eating them on her head. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything like this except on Halloween. I once read a letter written by George Bernard Shaw, in which he complained about sitting behind a woman with a dead bird on her head at the opera.

BTW: I have a thing against wearing anything on my head that stems from being a Catholic in early childhood and having to pin a facial tissue on my head to enter the church. My mother got me a few Jackie Kennedy pillbox hats and lace mantillas, too. I wish people would get over this sort of stuff. I don't think that the Supreme Being would object to the top of my head.

The British monarchy is the world's oldest, and most expensive soap opera, and this is just another episode of a diamond-studded As the World Turns that features upper-crust ladies wearing weird concoctions on their heads (some royal wore tall one to a wedding that looked like an antenna and I wondered what she was receiving on it). It's entertainment and has even featured a few beheadings in the past, but of the British stuff, I prefer old Eastenders, an ongoing saga of working-class folks in east London that has been on the air since 1985, complete with fist fights, musical beds, murder plots, family secrets, and car crashes. Any "royal family" is just a group of humans who have had the good fortune and misfortune of having had the parents they had, which has entitled them to privileges like being bowed to and having gold toilet seats and having their personal lives lived in the public square, with the hyper-active British tabloid press now watching every move.

The British have some cool stuff, like the Tower of London and the bedazzling crown jewels, and I love seeing old stuff, the older the better. But take this present scandal lightly. We don't know who said or did what to whom. Another will come along soon. Randy Andy's isn't over yet.

Those of us below the salt will just watch with amusement.
Whether anyone approves of the British Monarchy or not we see the decline of responsibility in the Western World. How weak we are becoming and have become. What is worse is that we still have people who judge machismo by what is our front or mano mano who have screwed up in other ways making things worse. This is not a soap opera. It is a lower class reality show with those two. And this woman is a disgrace.

you cook up in your head that black folks have just cooked this shit up in their heads

View attachment 465369
Yeah it’s kind of hard to accept her claim of racism.

Why? Because you just don't want to.
No. My guess is many people wouldn’t consider her black, by just looking at her. Then too she’s married to a prince who’s father and brother are likely to be king. So, it’s kind of hard to believe anyone in the Firm or royal family would mistreat her because of race. Agree?

They should have known better, especially Harry. Don't ever mess with tradition.

---The moment everyone in the world has been waiting for — except, perhaps, the press office at Buckingham Palace — has arrived: Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have spilled the royal tea to Oprah Winfrey in "Oprah with Meghan and Harry," a CBS special.---

I never thought I'd have any sympathy for Buckingham Pal and the Windsors but Markle's helped me clear that hurdle. LOL

View attachment 465369

No. My guess is many people wouldn’t consider her black, by just looking at her. Then too she’s married to a prince who’s father and brother are likely to be king. So, it’s kind of hard to believe anyone in the Firm or royal family would mistreat her because of race. Agree?
It would be pretty contrary to the characters, and self-interests, of both the Queen and Pr Charles, too.
The Real History of the Crown: Thatcher and Apartheid – Martin Plaut

London riots: Prince Charles' extraordinary 'cry for help' verdict on gang culture | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 465369

Disagree, racism runs just as rampant in the UK as it does in America.

View attachment 465369

Disagree, racism runs just as rampant in the UK as it does in America.
What would be their motivation? The entire notion of the monarchy rests on the commonwealth union.

Forum List

Back