Harris County, Texas, where I live, is having severe problems that are disenfranchising voters.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Our former election administrator, Isabel Longoria, resigned in disgrace in the wake of the botched primaries.

1667952321480.png

Looks like a diversity hire to me.

Her replacement hasn't done much better:

“Some of it has to do with the manner of which it was set up, some of it has to do with perhaps the printers not doing what it was supposed to do,” Tatum said. “But the good news is that voters are voting. I was just informed that we’ve had at least 120,000 today as of noon time and we’d like to remind our voters that the polls are open until 7 p.m.”

Tatum also reminded registered voters that there are 782 locations.

“If you get to one particular location and the line seems to be longer than you care to endure, you can go to Harrisvotes.com and look up the closest polling location, he said.

Tatum also explained that they were working to fix the issues with machines.

“There’s a location at Baker Ripley where the judge had a mishap with a supply box and the key to the machines which then delayed the opening of that location,” he said.

A technician and supplies were sent to the site to help the judge get set up. Tatum said it was then discovered that some of the clerks assigned to work at that location decided not to work that day, so they had to send additional resources and clerks to help out.

Our Harris County Judge (the county executive) seems all broken up about it:

1667952738591.png

"I'm frustrated," said one voter at the BakerRipley location. "I'm frustrated because you had 24 months to prepare for a major election and nothing should have been left untrue. And you weren't prepared. It's an insult to the citizens and it's an insult to being American. A simple ability to cast a vote and we couldn't do it at 7 a.m. because someone couldn't find the key."
A handful of voters told KHOU 11 that they were waiting as early as 7 a.m. and that they'd seen more than 200 people come and go without voting.

Voters at the Tracy Gee Community Center also reported being sent away to vote elsewhere because of machine problems.
RELATED: Election Day live updates: Delays reported at West Gray, Sunnyside and BakerRipley polling sites among others
"We were told it's because the machines hadn't been delivered," one voter who didn't want to be identified said. "So they were still trying to set up. I'm so angry and I'm sad. I've seen people leave. People who said they can't come back to vote."

Not an accident
Agreed. For over a month now, we've been inundated with the "Turnout has been large this year!" mantra.

This means that they had ample opportunity to ensure they were well provisioned for a heavy turnout.

Agreed. For over a month now, we've been inundated with the "Turnout has been large this year!" mantra.

This means that they had ample opportunity to ensure they were well provisioned for a heavy turnout.
Technology, in this day and age, for something this important, should be easy to accomplish w/o gaffes.
IOW, they have no excuses --------- unless someone planned it this way. (especially at the rate it is occurring).

What did you expect? Repub/MAGAs have done everything they could to limit the number of people who could vote. This is just another stunt.
Yeah....Republicans in a democrat-run county making it harder for themselves to vote.

Do you even pause for a moment before clicking on "Post reply", to make sure that you're not embarrassing yourself?

Yeah....Republicans in a democrat-run county making it harder for themselves to vote.

Do you even pause for a moment before clicking on "Post reply", to make sure that you're not embarrassing yourself?
Abbot appointed Scott, who oversees all elections in Texas.

Our former election administrator, Isabel Longoria, resigned in disgrace in the wake of the botched primaries.

View attachment 722802
Looks like a diversity hire to me.

Her replacement hasn't done much better:

“Some of it has to do with the manner of which it was set up, some of it has to do with perhaps the printers not doing what it was supposed to do,” Tatum said. “But the good news is that voters are voting. I was just informed that we’ve had at least 120,000 today as of noon time and we’d like to remind our voters that the polls are open until 7 p.m.”

Tatum also reminded registered voters that there are 782 locations.

“If you get to one particular location and the line seems to be longer than you care to endure, you can go to Harrisvotes.com and look up the closest polling location, he said.

Tatum also explained that they were working to fix the issues with machines.

“There’s a location at Baker Ripley where the judge had a mishap with a supply box and the key to the machines which then delayed the opening of that location,” he said.

A technician and supplies were sent to the site to help the judge get set up. Tatum said it was then discovered that some of the clerks assigned to work at that location decided not to work that day, so they had to send additional resources and clerks to help out.

Our Harris County Judge (the county executive) seems all broken up about it:

View attachment 722808

"I'm frustrated," said one voter at the BakerRipley location. "I'm frustrated because you had 24 months to prepare for a major election and nothing should have been left untrue. And you weren't prepared. It's an insult to the citizens and it's an insult to being American. A simple ability to cast a vote and we couldn't do it at 7 a.m. because someone couldn't find the key."
A handful of voters told KHOU 11 that they were waiting as early as 7 a.m. and that they'd seen more than 200 people come and go without voting.

Voters at the Tracy Gee Community Center also reported being sent away to vote elsewhere because of machine problems.
RELATED: Election Day live updates: Delays reported at West Gray, Sunnyside and BakerRipley polling sites among others
"We were told it's because the machines hadn't been delivered," one voter who didn't want to be identified said. "So they were still trying to set up. I'm so angry and I'm sad. I've seen people leave. People who said they can't come back to vote."
Wow! With Houston, you guys are huge. 782 polling locations? Good Lord, I can't imagine how hard it has to be to manage that.

Isn't Abbott in charge?
Not of voting in Harris County. After Lina Hidalgo's handpicked election administratorvwas fired for screwing up the primary, she handpicked another to rig the general.

Come to think of it incompetent Democrats are rarely fired especially gender ambiguous democrats. Maybe it was deliberate to make room for a blatant cheater.

Forum List

Back