Happy Trails to me...

[

I ended up 1/2 killing myself getting it out of that poor Ash tree. Was laid up for weeks with a muscle tear. At that point, I had no interest in the Mistletoe business anymore. BUT -- there's still two more large bunches in large limbs that need to come down.. You can preserve it. Maybe for your birthday... LOL...

You should just get an extension saw and cut out entire branches from the tree.

You will appreciate the fact that you will always have a nice piece of ash at your disposal.

Pretty much what I did. Took out all the lower limbs with gas chainsaw built on 7 foot pole. That removed about 60% of the mistletoe that never got sent to MeBelle. Probably several POUNDS of it. I was on an incline and when a bigger limb got hung on the end of the pole. I was backing uphill but the weight of the pole saw and limb pushed me to the ground. 3 months later, I'm still nursing a muscle tear. Moral of the story is -- I can get in the Christmas spirit a bit -- but I'm not gonna kill myself over it anymore.. :biggrin:

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.
If it's not fun anymore, probably time to step back for awhile for that reason alone.

Flcal needs to come back now and again to reign in the minions.

Wtf is up with premimtive warnings?

My biggest critic actually likes me !! Aint that a shock. I'm still lurking. I'm on the board meltdown quick response team and undercover sock investigations.. LOL...

I got out because it became obvious that I needed to direct my time to preserve what's left of this free country..

I don't understand what is happening to this Forum.... I have noticed a big change ....all I know is that is not what it used to be, it's becoming a more Leftwing Forum now....a more communist Forum....and that saddens me very much. :(

And flacaltenn ,thank you for all your work here, its very much appreciated.

My biggest critic actually likes me !! Aint that a shock. I'm still lurking. I'm on the board meltdown quick response team and undercover sock investigations.. LOL...

I got out because it became obvious that I needed to direct my time to preserve what's left of this free country..

So, does that make me your second biggest critic, then, since I fit the criteria?

Your minions are out of control. And the world won't end whether you come or go. Rein in that ego. And MOST don't like you (spoken like a 7 year old)

So, does that make me your second biggest critic, then, since I fit the criteria?

Definitely on the "A list" of critics. If you count just PM volume, you might be 2nd to Sassy., But the pain she inflicts in just a couple sentences and then ties me up and gags me -- AInt no living thing gonna compete with that.

I don't understand what is happening to this Forum.... I have noticed a big change ....all I know is that is not what it used to be, it's becoming a more Leftwing Forum now....a more communist Forum....and that saddens me very much. :(

I just feel like you everywhere we go now at USMB we have to deal with those no good lefties :dev3: :laugh:.
Seem to have more of those but the conservative member that were here when i came at the forum most of them are still here .
So flacalteen have to stick with us ! Please we need you :):thup:

Your minions are out of control.

I realize you are still bitterly disappointed that he turned down your application for minionhood. Such rejection can can act as a pivotal moment in a young man's life. I would ask you to place yourself for a moment in the shoes of a man building up his troop of minions, however.

The man has to have at least SOME standards, doesn't he?

Your minions are out of control.

I realize you are still bitterly disappointed that he turned down your application for minionhood. Such rejection can can act as a pivotal moment in a young man's life. I would ask you to place yourself for a moment in the shoes of a man building up his troop of minions, however.

The man has to have at least SOME standards, doesn't he?

Oh, I agree. A Man or a Woman at least needs some standards. But a partyofthrumper doesn't that get in their way.

Fixing the country starts with free speech. USMB has dabbled in semicancel culture for several years. Better to be uncivil on a free speech message board than civil in a war. The lack of understanding this is why I nearly never come here any more.

One can either be "uncivil on a free speech message board" or "civil in a war".. said no one calm and sane ever.

Thanks for trying, flacaltenn. Good luck with your new efforts

Sorry skye, he aided the change.

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

Good luck with your project, and hope it succeeds they way you want it to. Don't know what your slant is but there is a need for a strong moderate Center movement in this country. I'm betting the commies will shut down any dissident speech on these boards by the end of the year. I know of two boards that aren't even political making plans to move to servers outside of the U.S.

Good luck with your project, and hope it succeeds they way you want it to. Don't know what your slant is but there is a need for a strong moderate Center movement in this country. I'm betting the commies will shut down any dissident speech on these boards by the end of the year. I know of two boards that aren't even political making plans to move to servers outside of the U.S.

Totalitarian rule cannot allow free speech....no one loves totalitarianism like the democrats....that is why they fear the people so much....they shit in their pants and ran when a few protestors banged on their windows.

If anyone wants to see something really funny watch that AOC video of her describing how scared she was....she should take that 'skit' to Sat. nite live....hillarious.

Totalitarian rule cannot allow free speech....no one loves totalitarianism like the democrats....that is why they fear the people so much....they shit in their pants and ran when a few protestors banged on their windows.

If anyone wants to see something really funny watch that AOC video of her describing how scared she was....she should take that 'skit' to Sat. nite live....hillarious.

Their phony invented excuse for outright murder of an unarmed woman, that an officer was murdered by the protesters with a fire extinguisher, had fallen through as fake news now as well. The Democrats suddenly stand behind a police officer, as long as he's black and cold bloodedly shoots an unarmed white woman at point blank range.

Forum List

Back