Happy News / Happy Current Events / Happy Videos

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Starting this thread, as I could not find similar, and I have been thinking about starting a thread like this for a while.

The news is full of terrible things these days, but occasionally, we see some tidbits where there are heroic acts, acts of extreme kindness, or just other stuff that makes us happy.

I'm sure I'll be back with more, but here is my first contribution...

Hero dog saves his best friend from drowning…​

(I think I got something in my eye)

Starting this thread, as I could not find similar, and I have been thinking about starting a thread like this for a while.

The news is full of terrible things these days, but occasionally, we see some tidbits where there are heroic acts, acts of extreme kindness, or just other stuff that makes us happy.

I'm sure I'll be back with more, but here is my first contribution...

Hero dog saves his best friend from drowning…​

(I think I got something in my eye)

Not much good new I guess....

Not much good new I guess....
Oh, I'll be back later with some real happy, but if you are really hungry for some happy....

giphy.webp

Child prodigy born with one arm hits two home runs in Cooperstown​

Jul. 13, 2022 - 3:46 - Tommy Morrissey, a child sport prodigy born with one arm, shares his experience and passion for playing sports and defeating all odds

He has had to shut off his phone as it is exploding with text messages, including congratulations from Baseball Greats such as Bryce Harper and Jonathan India.

Kid is doing things with one arm that many two-armed people could never accomplish. He's an example for us all.

Dramatic moment 'hero' Indiana man rescues four children and their 18-year-old sister from house fire after driving past and noticing their porch was covered in flames​

• Pizza Driver, Nick Bostic, 25, of Lafayette, was driving to a gas station around 12.30am on Monday when he noticed the Union Street house was on fire and stopped
  • Bostic said the fire was the size of a campfire when he arrived, but by the time police showed up the house was engulfed in flames
  • The heroic man had run inside the home after noticing the flames and started screaming, waking the occupants, who ranged in age from one to 18
  • When asked if there was anyone left, he was told one was. He frantically searched for the kid before running back upstairs to get out
  • Dramatic bodycam footage shows the moment he thrusted a six-year-old child into an officer's arms after he had jumped out a second-story window
  • Bostic was airlifted to the hospital and was put on a ventilator for smoke inhalation and suffered injuries to his arms, legs, and right hand
  • He has since been released and will be honored by the police, fire, and mayor
Video of the hero rescuing the last child with the house in flames behind him. He sits on the curb and says "I need oxygen....."

True hero.

May he recover fully and swiftly...

1657903899571.png

60310375-11017417-image-a-18_1657892537880.jpg

60309395-11017417-image-m-11_1657892407201.jpg

12-yr-old Little League batter, Isaiah Jarvis, shows incredible sportsmanship.

After being hit in the ear guard of his helmet by a bad pitch, and falling on the ground in pain, this kid takes his walk to first base and notices that the pitcher who threw the ball was emotionally devastated.

Isaiah walked off the base the the pitcher's mound and consoled the pitcher, risking being tagged out, all for the sake of being a good human being.

Some in the audience were moved to tears by the wonderful gesture.

This kid is going to go far in life, and all of us adults could learn a lesson from this morale young man...

Lady rescues stranded calf from creek

This woman is a true hero. Well done!

PaperMate® Launches the “Thanks to Teachers” Initiative, Supporting Teachers Nationwide​

Press-Release-Graphic-Template.png

 PaperMate® , part of the Newell Brands global portfolio of brands, knows that America’s next stories are being written by today’s students, and teachers are the ones helping to shape them. In fact, according to Education Week, the average teacher influences over 3,000 students and families throughout their careers. That’s why, PaperMate is launching the “Thanks to Teachers” initiative.

While Teacher Appreciation Week has become synonymous with showing thanks and admiration for teachers across the nation, PaperMate is encouraging the 87 percent of people who wished they had told their best teachers how much they appreciated their efforts, according to an ING Survey, to stand together and thank the teachers in their lives that helped shape their (or their children’s) future, year-round. As part of the “Thanks to Teachers” initiative, PaperMate is encouraging everyone to write thank you notes and post on Instagram using the hashtags #ThankstoTeachers and tagging @PaperMate to have a chance to be featured on the brand’s Instagram.

“Teachers dedicate their lives to helping educate and raise our future generations – it’s time we start prioritizing and showing teachers the support, recognition, and appreciation, they deserve. As we head into the new year, PaperMate is committed to supporting teachers across the nation who build our future and form our youth,” said Kris Malkoski, CEO, Writing Business Unit at Newell Brands.

In spirit of giving thanks, PaperMate is also donating school supplies and $100,000 to the Kids In Need Foundation’s Supply A Teacher Program, to help eliminate the burden teachers face by purchasing supplies out of their own pocket. According to Kids In Need Foundation’s annual teacher survey, as teachers prepare for the second half of the school year, 91 percent don’t have the supplies they need to start the second semester of the school year in January. The donations will help supply under-resourced teachers and their students with essential supplies they need to fuel a full semester of active learning including pens, pencils, markers, and so much more.

For those looking to make a donation to teachers in their community, please visit (https://www.kinf.org/papermate/) to help supply teachers in the Kids In Need Foundation Supply A Teacher Program.

For more information about PaperMate products, please visit https://www.papermate.com/.

About Newell Brands

Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, PaperMate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer’s, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands’ beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind.

This press release and additional information about Newell Brands are available on the company’s website, www.newellbrands.com.

The octogenarian whose folk songs are restoring ‘the Amazon of Europe’​

i-FNqzmdd-X5-1-e1676890850354-1800x0-c-center.jpg

Proving it’s never too late to release your debut album, a Romanian folk singer has created a record that will help fund habitat restoration

Eighty-year-old Silvia Dan learnt her folk songs at her grandmother’s knee. Having spent her life caring for livestock on her smallholding in the Carpathian Mountains, she’s now starring on an album released in the UK.

Made by Romanian-born, Brighton-based artist Nico de Transilvania, the album – Interbeing – was recorded in the remote village of Nucsoara, where Dan is renowned for the pure beauty of her voice. A team of artists, videographers, photographers and musicians travelled to the village 180km north of Bucharest to record with Dan and local musicians on traditional Romanian flutes.

It is an area that is renowned for its old-growth forests which support lynx, wolves and bears, and is often described as the Amazon of Europe. Illegal logging has severely affected the region, so de Transilvania wanted to record the album as a way to use music to restore some of the damage. Every copy of the album sold will go towards planting native trees that are properly protected in law, in a project personally overseen by de Transilvania via her nonprofit Forests without Frontiers. So far the organisation has planted 150,000 trees over the last three years.

For Dan, whose grandmother wrote all her own folk songs, it feels right that they are now helping to restore the forests that inspired her.

“The album means a lot to me, it makes me proud that future generations will hear my ancestor’s songs – music and nature are embedded in our blood,” she said. “I am so happy that money raised will help to restore the landscape near my village – it has been devastating to see the destruction, and this project gives me hope.”

Forum List

Back