Happy Humphrey- largest athlete of all time

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
This is a video of the tremendous wrestler from Macon Georgia fighting in 1959 at 652 lbs. In his career he reached a peak weight of 900 lbs and famously battle the tremendous Haystacks Calhoun , a 602 lb southern boy from Morgan's Corner, Arkansas.

I was watching 600 lb life on TLC, and I was thinking what can these super-fat people do for a living.

And I thought, if they climb up to the top rope and splash anyone, they aren't getting up.

Those who fail to lose weight, should be thinking about making their weight pay for them.

This is a video of the tremendous wrestler from Macon Georgia fighting in 1959 at 652 lbs. In his career he reached a peak weight of 900 lbs and famously battle the tremendous Haystacks Calhoun , a 602 lb southern boy from Morgan's Corner, Arkansas.

I was watching 600 lb life on TLC, and I was thinking what can these super-fat people do for a living.

And I thought, if they climb up to the top rope and splash anyone, they aren't getting up.

Those who fail to lose weight, should be thinking about making their weight pay for them.

There is absolutely nothing athletic about that man. :laugh:

At 2:49, he does what is referred to in modern MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as an "Americana", though you can only get those on the ground when you have the opponents body immobilized underneath you. I cant imagine any scenario where you could pull off a "Standing Americana" like this guy did, but still its cool to see it way back then. :laugh:

Well I would image that is one way to make money being overweight. Still I would love to see him climb into the ring. That would probably be more entertaining.

Using the word athlete is wrong on so many levels.

Using the word athlete is wrong on so many levels.

It takes a tremendous amount of strength for a man of Humphrey's carriage just to get off the bed and to stand up. He was tremendously strong.

Well I reserve judgment until I see how much he can bench press. Still at that weight his speed is slow and the ability of the opponent to move that much weight is a key factor. All he really has to do is stay on his feet and hold on the guy. Falling on his appointment would probably end it. After all it is wrestling.

Forum List

Back