Happy Democrats

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Happy Happy Joy Joy.... Happy Happy Joy Joy.... Happy Happy Joy Joy

(Thank you Ren & Stimpy)... you twisted a lot of kids

Ah... sweet victory, It's nice to see Democrats frolicking again, joyous and happy, unencumbered with worries.. Oh those mad cap, wild any crazy, fools.. Don't ya just love em...:eusa_dance:

Oh ...the agony of defeat, Poor sad demented souls, the unhappy losers, the down trodden, the tired, the hungry, the huddling masses ..getting the drift here?....:booze:

And here are 17 reasons why...
---------------------------------------
1. There isn't a single government agency or division that runs efficiently; do we really want an organization that developed the U.S. Tax Code handling something as complex as health care?
2. "Free" health care isn't really free since we must pay for it with taxes; expenses for health care would have to be paid for with higher taxes or spending cuts in other areas such as defense, education, etc.
3. Profit motives, competition, and individual ingenuity have always led to greater cost control and effectiveness.
4. Government-controlled health care would lead to a decrease in patient flexibility.
5. The health-care industry likely will become infused with the same kind of corruption, back-room dealing, and special-interest-dominated sleeze that is already prevalent in other areas of government.
6. Patients aren't likely to curb their drug costs and doctor visits if health care is free; thus, total costs will be several times what they are now.
7. Just because Americans are uninsured doesn't mean they can't receive health care; nonprofits and government-run hospitals provide services to those who don't have insurance, and it is illegal to refuse emergency medical service because of a lack of insurance.
8. Government-mandated procedures will likely reduce doctor flexibility and lead to poor patient care.
9. Healthy people who take care of themselves will have to pay for the burden of those who smoke, are obese, etc.
10. A long, painful transition will have to take place involving lost insurance industry jobs, business closures, and new patient record creation.
11. Loss of private practice options and possible reduced pay may dissuade many would-be doctors from pursuing the profession.
12. Malpractice lawsuit costs, which are already sky-high, could further explode since universal care may expose the government to legal liability, and the possibility to sue someone with deep pockets usually invites more lawsuits.
13. Government is more likely to pass additional restrictions or increase taxes on smoking, fast food, etc., leading to a further loss of personal freedoms.
14. Patient confidentiality is likely to be compromised since centralized health information will likely be maintained by the government.
15. Health care equipment, drugs, and services may end up being rationed by the government. In other words, politics, lifestyle of patients, and philosophical differences of those in power, could determine who gets what.
16. Patients may be subjected to extremely long waits for treatment.
17. Like social security, any government benefit eventually is taken as a "right" by the public, meaning that it's politically near impossible to remove or curtail it later on when costs get out of control.

BalancedPolitics.org - Universal Health Care (Pros & Cons, Arguments For and Against)

This Link also provides the pro side of the argument and explains both sides in detail. I recommend reading the link. It's also a test to see if members actuality read the whole post, just piss and moan or, you know...
Your all in on it, so... "Moms" the word.......:eusa_silenced:

Last edited:
ahhhh more pissing and moaning by the right....piss and moan on....seems to be all yall know at this point

Forsooth and good morrow sweet comely maiden, pray pardon me but Obama care is but a embossed carbuncle upon the buttocks of, "Liberty", surely you jest. Fare thee well, Fairest Strolling one..

Last edited:
The number of uninsured citizens has grown to over 45 million (although this number includes illegal immigrants, etc.).

Health care has become increasingly unaffordable for businesses and individuals.

We can eliminate wasteful inefficiencies such as duplicate paper work, claim approval, insurance submission, etc.

We can develop a centralized national database which makes diagnosis and treatment easier for doctors.

Medical professionals can concentrate on healing the patient rather than on insurance procedures, malpractice liability, etc.

Free medical services would encourage patients to practice preventive medicine and inquire about problems early when treatment will be light; currently, patients often avoid physicals and other preventive measures because of the costs.

Patients with pre-existing conditions can still get health coverage

the pros.....

BalancedPolitics.org - Universal Health Care (Pros & Cons, Arguments For and Against)

President Obama delivered on his promise. He got all that he could get at present. We will work from here to create a real health care system in this nation, and drag the poor Conservatives, kicking and screaming, from the 18th century into the 21st.

Ah... sweet victory, It's nice to see Democrats frolicking again, joyous and happy, unencumbered with worries.. Oh those mad cap, wild any crazy, fools.. Don't ya just love em...:eusa_dance:

Oh ...the agony of defeat, Poor sad demented souls, the unhappy losers, the down trodden, the tired, the hungry, the huddling masses ..getting the drift here?....:booze:

1. There isn't a single government agency or division that runs efficiently; do we really want an organization that developed the U.S. Tax Code handling something as complex as health care?

Social Security and Medicare already handled with far less administrative costs than most businesses have.

2. "Free" health care isn't really free since we must pay for it with taxes; expenses for health care would have to be paid for with higher taxes or spending cuts in other areas such as defense, education, etc.

Whoever stated that health care was free, dimbulb? At present, we pay nearly twice as much as any other democratic industrial nation per capita, fail to cover all of our citizens, and get third world results.

3. Profit motives, competition, and individual ingenuity have always led to greater cost control and effectiveness.

Boy, that is funnier than hell. Cost control? Look at what our system costs us at present. Far more than Japan's or Canada's per capita, and they get a better product.

4. Government-controlled health care would lead to a decrease in patient flexibility.

You get this from where and what? Look at Japan's systme, or that of Taiwan.

5. The health-care industry likely will become infused with the same kind of corruption, back-room dealing, and special-interest-dominated sleeze that is already prevalent in other areas of government.

You mean corruption like the fellow that heads up the Conservatives for Patients Rights, Rick Scott? He stole 1.7 Billion from Medicare. Typical Conservative.

6. Patients aren't likely to curb their drug costs and doctor visits if health care is free; thus, total costs will be several times what they are now.

First, I saw no provisions in this bill against co-pays. Second, in the nations that now have universal health care, they pay about 1/2 of what we do, and have far better results. Once again, you are repeating shit talking points.

7. Just because Americans are uninsured doesn't mean they can't receive health care; nonprofits and government-run hospitals provide services to those who don't have insurance, and it is illegal to refuse emergency medical service because of a lack of insurance.

You are really one dumb ass. If that were the case, then the mortality numbers would reflect it. What the facts are is that you go into an emergency room without insurance and no money, and you have a 40% higher risk of dying than if you have insurance.

8. Government-mandated procedures will likely reduce doctor flexibility and lead to poor patient care.

So that is why people in Britain, Germany, Japan, Canada, and Costa Rica all have longer average life spans than we do.

9. Healthy people who take care of themselves will have to pay for the burden of those who smoke, are obese, etc.

As in there are no obese people who smoke in the other industrial nations, but they still pay far less than we do and get better results.

10. A long, painful transition will have to take place involving lost insurance industry jobs, business closures, and new patient record creation.

Painful for CEOs that get hundreds of millions a year made off denying care to people that have paid into the insurance for years on whatever pretext they can conjure up.

11. Loss of private practice options and possible reduced pay may dissuade many would-be doctors from pursuing the profession.

They have no doctors in Costa Rica, Canada, or Japan? It is not the doctors pay the Conservatives are worried about, but that of the theives that head up the Health Insurance Companies.

12. Malpractice lawsuit costs, which are already sky-high, could further explode since universal care may expose the government to legal liability, and the possibility to sue someone with deep pockets usually invites more lawsuits.

Red herring. At present, such lawsuits represent a very tiny fraction of medical costs.

13. Government is more likely to pass additional restrictions or increase taxes on smoking, fast food, etc., leading to a further loss of personal freedoms.

Weren't you just bitching about having to pay for other people's obesity?

14. Patient confidentiality is likely to be compromised since centralized health information will likely be maintained by the government.

Haven't you been reading the papers about the number of Health Care Insurance companies that have 'lost' records to hackers, or had employees actually selling them?

15. Health care equipment, drugs, and services may end up being rationed by the government. In other words, politics, lifestyle of patients, and philosophical differences of those in power, could determine who gets what.

What the hell do you think that the situation is right now? Except, at present, the person rationing the care makes money denying you that care.

In Japan, they have far shorter waiting periods than we do. Same for a number of other countries with universal health care.

17. Like social security, any government benefit eventually is taken as a "right" by the public, meaning that it's politically near impossible to remove or curtail it later on when costs get out of control.

Make the funding a payroll deduction. Then, if the costs exceed the income, the voters have the choice of increasing the tax, or decreasing service.

This Link also provides the pro side of the argument and explains both sides in detail. I recommend reading the link. It's also a test to see if members actuality read the whole post, just piss and moan or, you know...

Interesting that you only posted the lies concerning the cons.

Here is how other Democratic industrial nations do it;

FRONTLINE: sick around the world | PBS

Social Security and Medicare already handled with far less administrative costs than most businesses have.

Whoever stated that health care was free, dimbulb? At present, we pay nearly twice as much as any other democratic industrial nation per capita, fail to cover all of our citizens, and get third world results.

Boy, that is funnier than hell. Cost control? Look at what our system costs us at present. Far more than Japan's or Canada's per capita, and they get a better product.

You get this from where and what? Look at Japan's systme, or that of Taiwan.

You mean corruption like the fellow that heads up the Conservatives for Patients Rights, Rick Scott? He stole 1.7 Billion from Medicare. Typical Conservative.

First, I saw no provisions in this bill against co-pays. Second, in the nations that now have universal health care, they pay about 1/2 of what we do, and have far better results. Once again, you are repeating shit talking points.

You are really one dumb ass. If that were the case, then the mortality numbers would reflect it. What the facts are is that you go into an emergency room without insurance and no money, and you have a 40% higher risk of dying than if you have insurance.

So that is why people in Britain, Germany, Japan, Canada, and Costa Rica all have longer average life spans than we do.

As in there are no obese people who smoke in the other industrial nations, but they still pay far less than we do and get better results.

Painful for CEOs that get hundreds of millions a year made off denying care to people that have paid into the insurance for years on whatever pretext they can conjure up.

They have no doctors in Costa Rica, Canada, or Japan? It is not the doctors pay the Conservatives are worried about, but that of the theives that head up the Health Insurance Companies.

Red herring. At present, such lawsuits represent a very tiny fraction of medical costs.

Weren't you just bitching about having to pay for other people's obesity?

Haven't you been reading the papers about the number of Health Care Insurance companies that have 'lost' records to hackers, or had employees actually selling them?

What the hell do you think that the situation is right now? Except, at present, the person rationing the care makes money denying you that care.

In Japan, they have far shorter waiting periods than we do. Same for a number of other countries with universal health care.

Make the funding a payroll deduction. Then, if the costs exceed the income, the voters have the choice of increasing the tax, or decreasing service.

Interesting that you only posted the lies concerning the cons.

Here is how other Democratic industrial nations do it;

FRONTLINE: sick around the world | PBS

I appreciated your link, a tad short on details and my link did provide the pro's (since I'm not fooling anyone).

From you link all those countries combined wouldn't even fit into Texas.. imagine the complexities of a U. S. system with our bumbling representatives and social engineers, I mean you did read the 17 con points, right?

Happy Democrats

I was watching some lady on C-SPAN this morning talking about health care. She was so excited, I bet she peed her pants. I'm so glad the government is forcing me to buy health insurance. Isn't that great? They're even going to tell me what I have to buy which means I don't have to think anymore!

Happy Democrats

I was watching some lady on C-SPAN this morning talking about health care. She was so excited, I bet she peed her pants. I'm so glad the government is forcing me to buy health insurance. Isn't that great? They're even going to tell me what I have to buy which means I don't have to think anymore!

From cradle, (if you're lucky) to a quick grave, why.. who could ask for more...:eusa_drool:

The repubs have been waiting for this day. They just knew the American public was going to thank them for voting NO on everything. But now reality is setting in and they are beginning to realize that all the lies about what was in the Bill are starting to show. The public is going to slowly begin to realize that this is a very good thing and that the GOP has been stacking the deck with half-truths and total falsehoods. November is going to be interesting to say the least.

ahhhh more pissing and moaning by the right....piss and moan on....seems to be all yall know at this point

No reason to piss or moan about the unconstitutional health care law. One, it is illegal in Idaho where I live. Two, the dems will lose majority in the House and Senate in November. Three, Obama will soon be a lame Duck as the GOP stops all of his Socialist ideas once we control Congress.

No reason to piss or moan about the unconstitutional health care law. One, it is illegal in Idaho where I live. Two, the dems will lose majority in the House and Senate in November. Three, Obama will soon be a lame Duck as the GOP stops all of his Socialist ideas once we control Congress.

You are delusional. Each state that is challenging is tossing tax payer money into the air. All the legal authorities have said so. The Dems may lose some seats in November, but they won't lose the majorities in either house.

The perfect storm for the Democrats will be for the GOP to run on HC reform repeal in 2010 and Palin as the GOP Presidental nominee in 2012. That could bring the GOP to its knees.

Happy Democrats

From cradle, (if you're lucky) to a quick grave, why.. who could ask for more...:eusa_drool:

From C-SPAN's website:

CAP Senior Fellow Judy Feder discusses the efforts that Congress and the Obama Administration must employ to control the cost of the recently passed health care law.
Health Care Insurance Reform Legislation Town Halls - C-SPAN

Judy Feder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This lady was giddy when she told the audience that the Federal Government would force everyone to buy health insurance, even if they didn't want it or wanted to purchase a lesser plan. Isn't that special.

From C-SPAN's website:

CAP Senior Fellow Judy Feder discusses the efforts that Congress and the Obama Administration must employ to control the cost of the recently passed health care law.
Health Care Insurance Reform Legislation Town Halls - C-SPAN

Judy Feder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This lady was giddy when she told the audience that the Federal Government would force everyone to buy health insurance, even if they didn't want it or wanted to purchase a lesser plan. Isn't that special.

Obama Czarina material, without a doubt...:cuckoo:

Happy today...sad tomorrow! Just wait 'til you brainwashed, Kool-Aid drinkin' dimwits realize what is actually in the bill.

You think the IRS is a controlling you right now? Just wait 'til Obama hires 16,000 more government "workers" to administer the health care control bill.

Happy today...sad tomorrow! Just wait 'til you brainwashed, Kool-Aid drinkin' dimwits realize what is actually in the bill.

You think the IRS is a controlling you right now? Just wait 'til Obama hires 16,000 more government "workers" to administer the health care control bill.

They still think they've won.. poor saps

New Topics

Forum List

Back