Zone1 Happy Birthday to MTV..........

MTV went Rap, then went out of the music video business. They never seemed to grasp the connection. Stupid people destroy things.
On my Direct tv service, there are 100 channels, each with a differing types of music--classical, k-pop, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc., It's unbelievable.
https://www.directv.com/guide; click down to 800

who is that...some old black blues guy Im sure
Hank Williams was the best country music man ever and the first country singer superstar. He was every cowboy singer's role model for 50 years, even though he died when he was 29. He wrote "Hey, Good Lookin'," "Your Cheatin' Heart," and a lot of others my mom sang along to when she was ironing. It was good music even to young ears who had no idea... of grownup blues.

Awards he won:

YearAwardAwardsNotesReferences
1987Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award29th Annual Grammy AwardsPosthumously[143]
1989Grammy for Best Country Vocal Collaboration ("There's a Tear in My Beer").Grammywith Hank Williams Jr.[144]
1989Music Video of the YearCMAwith Hank Williams Jr.[145]
1989Vocal Event of the YearCMAwith Hank Williams Jr.
1989Video of the YearAcademy of Country Musicwith Hank Williams Jr.[146]
1990Vocal Collaboration of the YearTNN/Music City Newswith Hank Williams Jr.[147]
1990Video of the YearTNN/Music City Newswith Hank Williams Jr.
2010Special Awards and Citation for his pivotal role in transforming country musicThe Pulitzer PrizePosthumously[123]

On my Direct tv service, there are 100 channels, each with a differing types of music--classical, k-pop, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc., It's unbelievable.
https://www.directv.com/guide; click down to 800

I like classical music on channels 866 and 864, DirectTV. No commie-ercials. No nazi-mercials either. :yes_text12:

Give YouTube music a try. You can download the app to your cell phone so you can take it anywhere, and play it on anything that uses Bluetooth. Get the pay service (10.00/month) and you won't have to deal with any commercials, just pure music. If you're unsure if it would be worth it, you can get 1 month of the service for free to decide. That's all it took for me, now I subscribe. And, you can create playlists where you can arrange a list of songs that you like for any given situation. I don't even listen to the radio anymore in my car, simply boot up my cell phone, and play it through my Bluetooth device that sends it to my car stereo.

And, if you can't decide what to listen to, you can pull up a favorite song, and it will follow that song with music that is similar. Kinda how I've found some new bands that I like (Newsboys "Shine" is a new to me song that I found and absolutely love). It's great for listening to your music, or discovering new stuff.

Give YouTube music a try. You can download the app to your cell phone so you can take it anywhere, and play it on anything that uses Bluetooth. Get the pay service (10.00/month) and you won't have to deal with any commercials, just pure music. If you're unsure if it would be worth it, you can get 1 month of the service for free to decide. That's all it took for me, now I subscribe. And, you can create playlists where you can arrange a list of songs that you like for any given situation. I don't even listen to the radio anymore in my car, simply boot up my cell phone, and play it through my Bluetooth device that sends it to my car stereo.

And, if you can't decide what to listen to, you can pull up a favorite song, and it will follow that song with music that is similar. Kinda how I've found some new bands that I like (Newsboys "Shine" is a new to me song that I found and absolutely love). It's great for listening to your music, or discovering new stuff.
Hey, BikerSailor, I was there when you were writing ^^^! And this is what I found to share with the guys and girls who don't know who Hank Williams Senior was, probably because he lived only 29 years and died in 1953. Enjoy!

Hey, BikerSailor, I was there when you were writing ^^^! And this is what I found to share with the guys and girls who don't know who Hank Williams Senior was, probably because he lived only 29 years and died in 1953. Enjoy!

Thanks, but Hank Williams isn't really my style of music. I grew up on Led Zeppelin, the Who, Rolling Stones, and worked by way up to The Clash (actually anything that Mick Jones was a part of), and various kinds of punk rock. I think the reason I became a rock and roller was because growing up, my Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy (who I lived with for a while growing up after my mother died) listened to him constantly. I heard the lyrics of his songs and thought they were too depressing, so in a bit of young kid rebellion, I started listening to rock, and that has been my main music genre since. Thanks for the link, but as I said, because of my rebellion as a kid, I could never appreciate that kind of country music.

Forum List

Back