Zone1 Happy Birthday to Denzel Washington.....................

Didn't know he was tha told, either; and he is a pretty good actor, even with crappy stupid stories and awful dialogue. I watch Training Day every time they rerun it on TV somewhere. Malcom X is very good as well. And I found a movie Russel Crowe was in that I now remember seeing, American Gangster, also a good flick.

Last edited:
He is one of the most believable actors regardless of the role he plays and most importantly from a box office standpoint he grabs the viewers attention. Like Orson Welles, when he is on the screen, you follow his actions.

A man of God as well, which is rare in Hollywood but his talent is so unique they can't deny him. Unbelievably, he might be underrated as actors go, Probably in my top three of current actors and in any given movie I can say "this guy is the top of the field".

Check out his acting in Roman J. Israel, just fabulous. Also, his believable role in The Book of Eli.

Actors such as Pacino are best when they are fired up, Denzel is known for that too to a lesser extent, however, it's the understated roles that makes him unique, as in the two movies above.

He is also a positive role model who doesn't try to convince people that they can't achieve any dream they want America. You can.

Happy Birthday Denzel!

Forum List

Back