Happy Birthday, H.C. Frick

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Dec. 19 is the 171st birthday of the tremendous industrialist who was born in 1849 in the tremendous city of West Overton, PA

My favorite industrialist for sure, he was shot 3 times and stabbed 4 times by a liberal in 1892 while minding his own business in his office working on a Saturday.

In any event, he overpowered his assailant, Al Berkman and kicked his ass.

Later, he bought the distillery owned by his grandfather, and the whiskey that he made, Old Overholt, is still sold today.

I'll be drinking this fine rye whiskey tomorrow to celebrate the great man's birthday and life.

That shit be nasty.

You can certainly have your opinion on it, but the Old Overholt brand was a favorite of 2 US Presidents, the Republican Grant and Democrat Kennedy, as well as other high officials.

I drink it and think its some pretty good shit.

That shit be nasty.

You can certainly have your opinion on it, but the Old Overholt brand was a favorite of 2 US Presidents, the Republican Grant and Democrat Kennedy, as well as other high officials.

Didn't Old Overholt kill them both? Or rot their liver?

That shit be nasty.

I don't think so. President Grant died of throat cancer, and Kennedy died of a bullet in the brain.

That shit be nasty.

I don't think so. President Grant died of throat cancer, and Kennedy died of a bullet in the brain.

Today they would be listed as Covid deaths.

That shit be nasty.

I believe that. My friend died of Covid, when he was also suffering from diabetes, emphysema and stage 4 liver cancer.

That shit be nasty.

Does anyone die of anything else these days? :dunno:

That shit be nasty.

Heard on today's news that some guy in CA got shot to death and it was listed as Covid.

That shit be nasty.

Heard on today's news that some guy in CA got shot to death and it was listed as Covid.

Yes. It is indeed a virus for all excuses, isn't it? Let's hope the vaccines actually work and we can get some 'herd immunity' going.

Good whisky but bad name. You probably couldn't tell the difference between Old Overhalt and Jim Beam but pop culture idiots who think they discovered bourbon go for the band name. I like Evan Williams myself.

Good whisky but bad name. You probably couldn't tell the difference between Old Overhalt and Jim Beam but pop culture idiots who think they discovered bourbon go for the band name. I like Evan Williams myself.

I wouldn't be half surprised, Old Overholt is made by Jim Beam nowadays and is priced about the same.

Don't like the taste of booze or beer; I like some of the German white wines, though. Never acquired a taste for booze or the buzz.

Forum List

Back