Happiness.

No, artificial happiness isn't real.

True happiness is being satisfied with who and what you are.

If there was pill that would put you in a perpetual state of happiness, would you take it?

Give us your answer.
Perpetual state? Not possible; that’s not how biology & psychology works.
We have motivations, which are ruled by BOTH happy & unpleasant mental/emotional states.
Drugs that make you “happy” do NOT last. Reality eventually kicks in.

However, for the sake of fantasy, YES, i would take such a pill. Why not?
Is that not what most people strive for?
HEAVEN?

• Banned
If there was pill that would put you in a perpetual state of happiness, would you take it?

Give us your answer.
We have motivations, which are ruled by BOTH happy & unpleasant mental/emotional states.

HEAVEN?

Which begs the question: what is reality?

Give us your answer.

HEAVEN?

Reality is what YOU perceive, supplemented by what YOU believe, and is relative to YOUR position.
Everyone has their own reality, but if many individuals share the same perceptions & data that they confirm/correlate independently (from each other’s relative position), then we can talk about a shared reality.

Give us your answer.

HEAVEN?

Reality is what YOU perceive, supplemented by what YOU believe, and is relative to YOUR position.
Everyone has their own reality, but if many individuals share the same perceptions & data that they confirm/correlate independently (from each other’s relative position), then we can talk about a shared reality.
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Reality exists independent of your perception of reality. Reality is. An example of that is that you are currently banned. That isn’t my perception. That is reality.

Give us your answer.

HEAVEN?

Huxley wrote about it.

Give us your answer.

HEAVEN?

Huxley wrote about it.
Huxley liked to hear himself speak.

Give us your answer.

HEAVEN?

Huxley wrote about it.
Huxley liked to hear himself speak.

That's got nothing to do with his writings.

What if the pill allowed people to find 'true happiness', whatever that is? It doesn't have to be like Huxley's drugged out zombie state. What if it was an actual form of enlightenment and well being?

An interesting thing about happiness is that physiologically it does two things; it releases dopamine which produces that happy feeling and it turns on all the learning centers in the brain.

Give us your answer.

No pill required.
IMG_0401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give us your answer.
Interesting question in a way. "Perpetual happiness" seems somewhat like an oxymoron. Human perceptions are based upon contrasts and opposites. It is literally impossible to be in one emotional state constantly. To reach some sate of transcendence of samsara, a place of enlightenment and escape from illusion (what Buddha represents) might be the ultimate a human could reach, but that would not be called happiness.

New Topics

Forum List

Back