Hannity told to his face that he is bad for America

Ted Koppel?

:cuckoo:

Yep, Ted Koppel. A credible newsperson. Not a clown like Hannity.
/—-/ I thought Ted died on 1990.

He did. That was the zombie Koppel.
Ted Koppel retired after an immensely successful career. It was because even the fool Hannity respected him that he — finally — stopped his obnoxious interruptions and allowed Koppell to finish his sentence.

An examination of Ted Koppel’s remarkable life, contributions, and eventual role as “responsible” and “thoughtful” Establishment journalist, can be very educational. But fools who are raised on Hannity-like ideology and demagogy are almost always incapable of evaluating such men.

Ted Koppel was not my cup of tea. He eventually became a friend and admirer of Henry Kissinger. One need only review his Wikipedia entry to get a better idea of what made him tick, why he was successful, and how he followed his own (in my opinion often skewed) sense of patriotism. The real Koppel emerges momentarily in this short but revealing video.
I am not really much into Koppel. But Hannity is truly bad for our country and that needed to be said to him. He won't change but it was good to see that somebody told him that.

How is it "bad for the country" to have dissidents like Mr. Hannity who aren't afraid to speak truth to power? Is a diversity of opinion really that terrible, in your view?
If Hannity spoke truth that would be fine, but he sucks trumps dick and spreads his lies. And I am not going to hear conservatives whining about motherfucking diversity of opinions when you assholes have spent most of the last 40 years denigrating liberal opinions and trying to rid the country of them.
/----/ "If Hannity spoke truth that would be fine, but he sucks trumps dick and spreads his lies. "
Those two statements are just your stupid, dogmatic opinion with no basis in fact. Of course, if you had any proof, you would have posted it. It makes you look juvenile and pathetic. Keep up the good work.
View attachment 332350
Post #40.

I am not really much into Koppel. But Hannity is truly bad for our country and that needed to be said to him. He won't change but it was good to see that somebody told him that.

Why is he bad for our country?

Try not to simply parrot what Koppel belched up. It'd be super if you tried using your own brain power...
Hannity is a liar, a race hustler and spreads misinformation to his viewers. Maybe you use YOUR brain, stop asking dumb questions and actually research the things Hannity talks about for accuracy.

What lies has he told? What misinformation has he shared with his viewers? What "race hustling" has he done.

This would be more fun if you were smarter. See, it would be easy for me to say things about liberals and not back them up, too. Chris Cuomo fucks his own children. Hillary Clinton smokes meth. AOC blows homeless guys.

See?

Now, can you back up any of the shit you're spewing with actual examples?

10. Hannity Hyped RNC's Doctored Audio Of Supreme Court Arguments. Hannity uncritically aired a Republican National Committee (RNC) ad that used audio from Supreme Court oral arguments to attack health care reform -- but the audio used in the ad was dishonestly edited. [Media Matters, 3/30/12]

9. Hannity Distorted CBO Data To Attack Obama. Hannity claimed that a January 2012 Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report showed that if Obama were to win a second term, taxes would “go up 30 percent.” In fact, the report only stated that taxes would increase at such a rate if all the Bush tax cuts were allowed to expire. [Media Matters, 2/2/12]

8. Hannity Falsely Claimed A White House Adviser “Advocated Compulsory Abortion.” Hannity claimed that White House science and technology adviser John Holdren “advocated compulsory abortion” and sterilization. PolitiFact had previously rated a similar claim -- made months earlier by Fox News' Glenn Beck -- “pants on fire” false. [Media Matters, 9/9/09]

7. Hannity Falsely Claimed Obama Called The Death Of Four Americans “Just A Bump In The Road.” Hannity claimed that Obama referred to the death of four Americans in the September 2012 attack on a U.S. compound in Benghazi as “just a bump in the road.” In fact, Obama was referring to the difficulties Arab countries were facing in transitioning from autocratic rule to democracy. [Media Matters, 9/25/12]

6. Hannity Spread False Report That Egypt Was Considering Necrophilia Bill. Hannity hyped a thinly-sourced report from an Egyptian newspaper to claim that the Egyptian government was considering a law that would allow a husband to have sex with his dead wife. The Christian Science Monitor called the story “utter hooey,” and multiple sources later debunked the claim. [Media Matters, 4/30/12; Huffington Post, 4/26/12]

5. Hannity's Special On “Liberal Bias” Featured Wildly Distorted And Out-Of-Context Quotes. Hannity's “Behind the Bias” special, in which he purported to investigate the “bias” of “the mainstream media,” featured multiple deceptively cropped quotes. For example, he played a clip purporting to show that Katie Couric called President Ronald Reagan “an airhead” ; in fact, Couric was citing a conclusion from a biography of Reagan. [Media Matters, 4/24/11]

4. Hannity Cast Doubt On Scientific Consensus About Climate Change. Even though the overwhelming majority of scientists agree that global warming is occurring and is likely caused or exacerbated by human activity, Hannity has repeatedly denied or cast doubt on the existence of climate change. [Media Matters, 12/4/09, 1/13/10, 8/27/10, 11/19/10, 6/24/11]

3. Hannity Fueled Myth That Obama Is A Muslim. During a segment in March 2011 in which he fueled the smear that Obama was not born in the U.S., Hannity claimed that Obama “went to a Muslim school.” In March 2012, while claiming that he was “not doubting [Obama's] faith,” Hannity said, "[L]ook, he did write about his early years, that he did study the Quran, that one of the most beautiful moments in life was prayer at sunset. So, I mean, he does have that background." [Media Matters, 3/24/11, 3/21/12]

2. Hannity Fed The Birther Movement. Hannity repeatedly fed the long-standing smear that Obama was not born in the United States, even after Obama released his birth certificate and multiple fact-checkers debunked the smear. Hannity denied that Obama had shown his birth certificate and once falsely claimed that Obama “grew up in Kenya.” [Media Matters, 3/28/11, 4/20/12]

1. Hannity Ignored Overwhelming Evidence To Repeatedly Claim Obama's Policies Have Not Helped Improve The Economy. Hannity has repeatedly claimed that President Obama's policies have not improved the economy. In fact, numerous economists and independent analysts have noted that many of Obama's policy achievements, such as the stimulus, have benefited the economy: GDP is growing rather than contracting as it was at the end of 2008, and the economy has added millions of jobs. [Media Matters, 1/13/10, 7/14/11, 2/2/12]

Media Matters flagged this clip from Sean Hannity's radio show yesterday where he offered to buy President Obama a plane ticket to Kenya.

HANNITY: "I have an offer for the president. I will charter a plane for you and your family. I will make sure it's as big a plane as Air Force One, what you have grown accustom to, in other words. Taxpayer-funded plane. I don’t know where I’m going to get it. Maybe I'll ask Trump if I can charter his plane for Obama. I will charter Donald Trump's plane if he'll let me, and I will charter it to the country of your choice. You want to go to Canada? I'll pay for you to go to Canada. You want to go to Kenya? I'll pay for you to go to Kenya. Jakarta, where you went to school back in the day, you can go back there. Anywhere you want to go. I'll put the finest food, caviar, champagne, you name it. I have one stipulation, you can't come back."

Hannity And Guilfoyle Go Birther With Trump

"Media Matters" LOL. Evidence straight from Soros himself.

Ted Koppel?

:cuckoo:

Yep, Ted Koppel. A credible newsperson. Not a clown like Hannity.
/—-/ I thought Ted died on 1990.

He did. That was the zombie Koppel.
Ted Koppel retired after an immensely successful career. It was because even the fool Hannity respected him that he — finally — stopped his obnoxious interruptions and allowed Koppell to finish his sentence.

An examination of Ted Koppel’s remarkable life, contributions, and eventual role as “responsible” and “thoughtful” Establishment journalist, can be very educational. But fools who are raised on Hannity-like ideology and demagogy are almost always incapable of evaluating such men.

Ted Koppel was not my cup of tea. He eventually became a friend and admirer of Henry Kissinger. One need only review his Wikipedia entry to get a better idea of what made him tick, why he was successful, and how he followed his own (in my opinion often skewed) sense of patriotism. The real Koppel emerges momentarily in this short but revealing video.

How is it "bad for the country" to have dissidents like Mr. Hannity who aren't afraid to speak truth to power? Is a diversity of opinion really that terrible, in your view?
If Hannity spoke truth that would be fine, but he sucks trumps dick and spreads his lies. And I am not going to hear conservatives whining about motherfucking diversity of opinions when you assholes have spent most of the last 40 years denigrating liberal opinions and trying to rid the country of them.
/----/ "If Hannity spoke truth that would be fine, but he sucks trumps dick and spreads his lies. "
Those two statements are just your stupid, dogmatic opinion with no basis in fact. Of course, if you had any proof, you would have posted it. It makes you look juvenile and pathetic. Keep up the good work.
View attachment 332350
Post #40.
/----/Like I said, Post #40 is all conjecture and open to interpretation. Let me give you an example of proven lies.

1.) ON JAN. 26, 1998—15 years ago Saturday—Bill Clinton famously told the nation, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
2.) Monica Lewinsky told her confidant and supposed friend, Linda Tripp, that she had in her possession a blue Gap dress that still bore the semen stain that resulted from her administering oral sex to President Clinton in February of that year.
3.) Bill Clinton said he had the affair with Monica Lewinsky while he was in office because it helped to 'manage my anxieties'
1588708229135.png

You disliked a quote that is on page one of this thread. Here is the quote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Why would you disprove of a quote that is so much the center of America and our Constitution.

It seems your ideology is in direct conflict with the real Tom Paine.
Not at all. I was disgusted with your comment because you demagogically said: “I take it that Koppel is not a friend of Voltaire ...” This was in reference to the video where Koppel was obviously the one struggling through constant interruptions from Hannity to get one sentence out. He did not imply in any way that he opposed Hannity’s “free speech” rights. All he did was answer honestly a question, saying he thought Hannity was “not good for America.”

Finally, I hate to tell you this, but this quote was never uttered by Voltaire. It was actually rather out of character for Voltaire to say anything quite so heroic. Koppel, whose programs I almost always disliked after he became a “respected Establishment journalist,” spoke fluent German and French. He knew far more about Voltaire than you do, and often boasted of his love for “free speech.” Of course he was most famous for interviewing government figures (of both parties) instead of truly dissident intellectuals, foreign leaders disagreeing with U.S. policy, etc.

Last edited:
It's about time.

Thank you for so vividly demonstrating that Sean Hannity, unlike the other alphabet media, gladly invites and his most staunch opponents to appear on his prime time, top-rated, opinion show. When do you see that on your beloved CNN or MSNBC?

It's about time.

Thank you for so vividly demonstrating that Sean Hannity, unlike the other alphabet media, gladly invites and his most staunch opponents to appear on his prime time, top-rated, opinion show. When do you see that on your beloved CNN or MSNBC?

/——/ Try not to smack the libtards with facts too much. They are so fragile.

You disliked a quote that is on page one of this thread. Here is the quote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Why would you disprove of a quote that is so much the center of America and our Constitution.

Not at all. I was disgusted with your comment because you demagogically said: “I take it that Koppel is not a friend of Voltaire ...” This was in reference to the video where Koppel was obviously the one struggling through constant interruptions from Hannity to get one sentence out. He did not imply in any way that he opposed Hannity’s “free speech” rights. All he did was answer honestly a question, saying he thought Hannity was “not good for America.”

Finally, I hate to tell you this, but this quote was never uttered by Voltaire. It was actually rather out of character for Voltaire to say anything quite so heroic. Koppel, whose programs I almost always disliked after he became a “respected Establishment journalist,” spoke fluent German and French. He knew far more about Voltaire than you do, and often boasted of his love for “free speech.” Of course he was most famous for interviewing government figures (of both parties) instead of truly dissident intellectuals, foreign leaders disagreeing with U.S. policy, etc.

I hate to tell you this, but I never said a word about Voltaire, I also didn't post the original comment. I was just asking you about the comment. Another posted the rest. Sorry, for your confusion.

Like I give a damn what conservatives care about. I am right and you can't handle it.

I do not doubt that is what you believe. Studies have proven you right. Progressives are far less likely to view, much less consider, views other than their own than are Conservatives.

Why are you so afraid?

I hate to tell you this, but I never said a word about Voltaire, I also didn't post the original comment. I was just asking you about the comment. Another posted the rest. Sorry, for your confusion.
Oh. Sorry about that. You are right. I apologize. My downvote was directed to JoeMoma. : (

Frankly, I don’t feel much like a hero these days. I’m certainly not willing to die to protect Hannity’s right to spew nonsense on FOX news. If they fired him I think it would be a great step forward for Fox, Conservatism, Republicanism, and our collective political life. Of course, that would also depend on who they replaced him with. ; )

Last edited:

Forum List

Back