Hank Williams Jr, oops

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
You may be ready for football, but ESPN is not ready to let Hank Williams Jr. open tonight’s game after his incendiary comment about President Obama on Fox News.
The country singer criticized the president’s recent “golf summit” with Republican House Speaker John Boehner. The singer told Fox & Friends that the meeting “would be like Hitler playing golf with [Israeli leader] Benjamin Netanyahu.”

Where'd his freedom of speech go?

Hank Williams Jr. pulled from ESPN after comparing Obama to Hitler | Inside TV | EW.com

Apparently the same place the Dixie Chicks' did.

You may be ready for football, but ESPN is not ready to let Hank Williams Jr. open tonight’s game after his incendiary comment about President Obama on Fox News.
The country singer criticized the president’s recent “golf summit” with Republican House Speaker John Boehner. The singer told Fox & Friends that the meeting “would be like Hitler playing golf with [Israeli leader] Benjamin Netanyahu.”

Hank Williams Jr. pulled from ESPN after comparing Obama to Hitler | Inside TV | EW.com

He is as free as anyone, event he Dixie Chicks, to speak. But the public is just as free not to patronize his wares.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Besides, I lived in Hillbilly Hollywood for 20 years. None of them impress me. They are like Mammy in GWTW described Rhett and Scarlett, the are all just 'mules in horse harness.'

Did ESPN have him arrested? If not, you are being ridiculous, again.

She, like 16th Avenue, thinks it possible to polish a turd! :cuckoo:

Free speech?

His wasn't effected. And neither was the Dixie Chicks when they made their faux paus.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from economic or reputation consequences.

OMG. I'm pulling for you Hank. Stay strong brother. Oh yeah... GO Tampa Bay Go!!!

you realize of course that nobody really gives a shit, right?

She, like 16th Avenue, thinks it possible to polish a turd! :cuckoo:

Actually, MythBusters proved you really CAN polish a turd.

EDIT:
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

Last edited:

Classy.

Free speech?

His wasn't effected. And neither was the Dixie Chicks when they made their faux paus.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from economic or reputation consequences.

well said.

Personally, I was appalled at what Natalie Maines said. However, I continue to be a fan of her music. I can separate the two.

r-WILLIAMS-huge.jpg

HANK YANKED

Free speech?

well said.

Personally, I was appalled at what Natalie Maines said. However, I continue to be a fan of her music. I can separate the two.

I hate their music. But then, I did before she made that statement. Her statement didn't change anything about my feelings for their music.

Immie

Just because...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5pwpHuCylc]Hank williams jr. all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight. - YouTube[/ame]

:razz:

Immie

Considering he said it pretty clearly and hasnt been shot or killed, id say his freedom of speech is very well protected.

The same way the speech of you lefties was protected when you guys called Bush hitler and called for his assassination.

Congress passed no law limiting his freedom of speech or expression, corporate America did and reacted not in defense of liberty, but in defense of profit.

Forum List

Back