Hangover Cure: Peanut Butter, Water

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Peanut Butter, Water May Beat Hangover
By Connie Midey, The Arizona Republic
December 27, 2005

If you're having alcoholic drinks, some people believe eating peanut butter or almonds beforehand can help. Perhaps it's because the fat lines the stomach and intestines and prevents some of the alcohol from being absorbed. This is probably the only time you'll hear me recommend fatty foods! Then before going to bed, drink three to four large glasses of water to offset the dehydrating effect of alcohol.

for full article:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051227/LIVING/512270345/100...

A perfect hangover cure is to just take two aspirins before you go to bed, but I've been told this is apparently very dangerous. :huh:

A big bottle of Gatorade and some bread also works, though slowly.

Adam's Apple said:
Peanut Butter, Water May Beat Hangover
By Connie Midey, The Arizona Republic
December 27, 2005

If you're having alcoholic drinks, some people believe eating peanut butter or almonds beforehand can help. Perhaps it's because the fat lines the stomach and intestines and prevents some of the alcohol from being absorbed. This is probably the only time you'll hear me recommend fatty foods! Then before going to bed, drink three to four large glasses of water to offset the dehydrating effect of alcohol.

for full article:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051227/LIVING/512270345/100...

I subscribe to the old theory...'too much of anything' is bad...moderation is the only cure!

Instead of aspirin, take tylenol instead, with a large glass of water.

In the morning, toast, with only as much butter and jelly as you can stomach. Lots of water too, but not alot at once, pace yourself. A multi-vitamin is probably a good idea too, considering how alcohol saps vitamins out of you.

Using a preventitive that "prevents some of the alcohol from being absorbed" kind of defeats the purpose.

Dan said:
A perfect hangover cure is to just take two aspirins before you go to bed, but I've been told this is apparently very dangerous. :huh:

A big bottle of Gatorade and some bread also works, though slowly.

I have read that hangovers come from the dehydration affects of alcohol, so I think a big bottle of gatorade or water before bed would help.

Zhukov said:
Using a preventitive that "prevents some of the alcohol from being absorbed" kind of defeats the purpose.

Not for "social" drinkers who may not have a very high tolerance level for alcohol. :) If you want to drink but don't want to suffer the after effects, preventing alcohol from being absorbed sounds like a pretty smart choice to me.

I have read that hangovers come from the dehydration affects of alcohol, so I think a big bottle of gatorade or water before bed would help.

Yeah, but the way I drink, I'm not wanting to chug a huge bottle of Gatorade or water right before bed.

Forum List

Back