hand transplant

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
I will attempt to show a little better how my thoughts seem to work:

It was on the news this morning about a woman having two successful hand transplants. I am so very proud of our country for furthering this type of necessary education for our medical practitioners.

UCLA's first hand transplant patient adapting well to new hand

The 26-year-old from Yuba City, Calif., underwent transplant surgery at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, a 14-hour procedure that began just before midnight on March 4 and concluded at 2:30 p.m. the next day.

"It has been surreal to see that I have a hand again, and be able to wiggle my fingers. My 6-year-old daughter has never seen me with a hand," said Fennell, a single mother. "She looked at it, touched it and said it was 'cool.' "

Fennell was discharged from the hospital April 8 and will continue to stay near UCLA for two months for monitoring and occupational therapy.

In my opinion, it is things like this, proven success in the medical fields (as well as a great many others) that will be what uplifts US as a nation worthy of China's (as well as other country's) investments.

Though the farm hands may be a sore spot for many who resent the lose of American jobs, it may be necessary to keep the borders open, it may represent a great many different things in retrospect than initial appearances allow to be seen. Additional lineage may come to be to our advantage as well as help us to potentially stay in the sites of the hidden hopes of the yet to be revealed.

EYES ON THE PRIZE: CHINA?S ROLE IN LATIN AMERICAN DEVELOPMENT: International Law Firm, Attorneys, Diaz Reus

China’s explosive economic growth and the rapid development of its manufacturing sector has led the nation to increasingly turn its attention to Latin America. Over the past decade, China has labored to expand its Sino-Latin connections. Chinese interest in Latin America is predominately economic, rather than political.[1] First, Latin America represents an emerging middle-income market, with approximately 530 million consumers on hand to purchase Chinese exports.[2] Second, Latin America possesses an abundance of natural resources, which China needs to fuel its industrial boom. “Latin America’s agricultural land per capita is three times larger than China’s, while forest land and fresh water per capita is well over five times higher.”[3]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back