Hand Sanitizer

Good that you have a robust immune system, but I have seen folks do some really nasty things at campsites and leave for other folks to deal with their aftermath. I'll take washing hands and sanitizer any day at a campsite. At home.

Our campsites are private.
Sure. That makes them safe and sanitary. Besides you posted home clean and camp clean. If you went to private campsites, why not use the same standards of home clean instead of camp clean?

Because it's usually just us Guys and we dont give a shit.
When I say private I mean no one uses it but the Wife and I.
A private campsite for just you and your wife. Home clean. But when you and the guys are there, then the standard is camp clean, '"and we don't give a shit." Got it.

I have yet to hear of a bug that can withstand the heat put out by a propane stove.
How would you know?

Sure. That makes them safe and sanitary. Besides you posted home clean and camp clean. If you went to private campsites, why not use the same standards of home clean instead of camp clean?

A private campsite for just you and your wife. Home clean. But when you and the guys are there, then the standard is camp clean, '"and we don't give a shit." Got it.

I have yet to hear of a bug that can withstand the heat put out by a propane stove.
How would you know?

Because I know what an autoclave is and used one frequently in my youth?
Because I know to boil possibly contaminated water?
Because I know FDA recommends certain temps in meats to kill bacteria and germs?

You get a skillet up to 350 and no germ or virus I've ever heard of is going to survive that.

Don't worry if the stores are completely sold out or if people are selling it for twenty times the normal price just make your own. It's easy, look up hand sanitizer recipes online, it's primarily alcohol and aloe vera with some scented essential oils tossed in.

"basic" hand sanitizer "recipe" at DuckDuckGo
Everclear....just a bottle of Everclear will do the trick.

everclear_750__99198.1337200555.jpg

And it'll do for gas if you run out... :113:

A girlfriend and I went partying and ended up drinking some of that. When she burped fire rushed out of her mouth. When I threw up, my liver plopped out too.

Actually being a germaphobe increases your chances of catching bugs unless you carry it to mental illness levels.
Your body needs to build a resistance to them.

I wash my hands after taking a leak and before eating and thats about it.
We have a different definition of clean when we're at the lake.
There's home clean and camp clean.
I might have had the flu on new years eve 2000 but I think it was just a bad cold.
And thats about it for catching a bug.
Good that you have a robust immune system, but I have seen folks do some really nasty things at campsites and leave for other folks to deal with their aftermath. I'll take washing hands and sanitizer any day at a campsite. At home.

This must be serious business to you, eh?

How would you know?

Because I know FDA recommends certain temps in meats to kill bacteria and germs?

You get a skillet up to 350 and no germ or virus I've ever heard of is going to survive that.

Come try killin the germs, virus, bugs in James' van.

They are immortal.

I work in a hospital. So, yeah.

Everything on USMB doesn't have to be a fucking snarky joke.

Don't worry if the stores are completely sold out or if people are selling it for twenty times the normal price just make your own. It's easy, look up hand sanitizer recipes online, it's primarily alcohol and aloe vera with some scented essential oils tossed in.

That's what one guy at work told me. He's mixing two-parts rubbing alcohol and one-part aloe vera. Works just as well.

It would be runny as hell.

That's what one guy at work told me. He's mixing two-parts rubbing alcohol and one-part aloe vera. Works just as well.

Not really.

A bartender friend of mine made his own with aloe and some Polmos Spriytus vodka (192 proof). He calls it the "Corona Shake", because after you shake hands with someone in the bar he squirts some of it into the palm of your hand so you can sanitize. Its aroma is, well, pungent, but no one at the bar's been sick!

It's no more runny than Purel...

Well, everything doesn't have to be fucking snarky bitch either.

Well, everything doesn't have to be fucking snarky bitch either.
Okay. You win.

Not really.

A bartender friend of mine made his own with aloe and some Polmos Spriytus vodka (192 proof). He calls it the "Corona Shake", because after you shake hands with someone in the bar he squirts some of it into the palm of your hand so you can sanitize. Its aroma is, well, pungent, but no one at the bar's been sick!

I have been watching distilleries in the area shifting production to hand sanitizer. American ingenuity will win the battle.

Not really.

I promise I havent been drinking officer,it's just my hand sanitizer!!!

How would you know?

Come try killin the germs, virus, bugs in James' van.

They are immortal.

I would suggest the EverClear ....and a match.

When I go out in public , I wear a pair of gloves, I still wash my hands when I get home and I stay mindful to "not touch my face". Even when at home I am practicing not touching my face- it's amazing how often we do it!

When I go out in public , I wear a pair of gloves, I still wash my hands when I get home and I stay mindful to "not touch my face". Even when at home I am practicing not touching my face- it's amazing how often we do it!
It's amazing how often you don't do it.

You are as bad as mikey.

I was thinking the same thing about touching your face.
Chicks have it much easier because they've trained themselves not to touch their face so they dont F up their makeup.

Not really.

I have been watching distilleries in the area shifting production to hand sanitizer. American ingenuity will win the battle.

I'd rather have the booze.

Forum List

Back