Hand Ray Nagin A Crying Towel

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Well, despite all the money being spent on rebuilding New Orleans, it seems Ray "Chocolate Town" Nagin is not a happy man.

He is now blaming the 'bureaucracy' and 'lack of funding' for the slow rebuilding on NO.

Excuse me, isn't the bureaucracy all Democrats?

How many BILLIONS were wasted and stolen when the "victims" used taxpayer money for plasma TV's, designer handbags, strippers, and other necessities of life?

Nagin says bureaucracy, lack of funding slow rebuilding of New Orleans

By Michelle Roberts
ASSOCIATED PRESS

11:34 a.m. August 21, 2006

NEW ORLEANS – Bureaucracy and a lack of money is slowing the rebuilding of New Orleans as the city tries to recover from Hurricane Katrina nearly a year after the storm hit, Mayor Ray Nagin said Monday.
Only a small fraction of the $1 billion in funding requested for essential infrastructure has been approved by federal officials, and little of the appropriated money has actually reached the city, Nagin said.

“People think New Orleans is wallowing in dough and we have money coming out of our ears,” the mayor told The Associated Press in an interview.
President Bush on Monday acknowledged the slowness of getting rebuilding aid to Louisiana. At a White House news conference, Bush said the federal government has committed $110 billion to Katrina relief but he said the money is taking longer to get to those who deserve it in Louisiana than in Mississippi.

A state-run home buyout program expected to help residents who don't have enough insurance to rebuild is just starting as the one-year anniversary approaches on Aug. 29.

The delay in funding, combined with questions about how the levees will be rebuilt, delays in the release of flood maps, dramatic increases in insurance rates and a shortage of contractors, have “contributed to us not having as much momentum as we should,” Nagin said.

At the same time, Nagin said, New Orleans itself is operating on about a quarter of its pre-Katrina revenue because of the loss of residents and businesses – and its needs have grown tenfold.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20060821-1134-neworleansmayor.html

Well, despite all the money being spent on rebuilding New Orleans, it seems Ray "Chocolate Town" Nagin is not a happy man.

He is now blaming the 'bureaucracy' and 'lack of funding' for the slow rebuilding on NO.

Excuse me, isn't the bureaucracy all Democrats?

How many BILLIONS were wasted and stolen when the "victims" used taxpayer money for plasma TV's, designer handbags, strippers, and other necessities of life?

Nagin says bureaucracy, lack of funding slow rebuilding of New Orleans

By Michelle Roberts
ASSOCIATED PRESS

11:34 a.m. August 21, 2006

NEW ORLEANS – Bureaucracy and a lack of money is slowing the rebuilding of New Orleans as the city tries to recover from Hurricane Katrina nearly a year after the storm hit, Mayor Ray Nagin said Monday.
Only a small fraction of the $1 billion in funding requested for essential infrastructure has been approved by federal officials, and little of the appropriated money has actually reached the city, Nagin said.

“People think New Orleans is wallowing in dough and we have money coming out of our ears,” the mayor told The Associated Press in an interview.
President Bush on Monday acknowledged the slowness of getting rebuilding aid to Louisiana. At a White House news conference, Bush said the federal government has committed $110 billion to Katrina relief but he said the money is taking longer to get to those who deserve it in Louisiana than in Mississippi.

A state-run home buyout program expected to help residents who don't have enough insurance to rebuild is just starting as the one-year anniversary approaches on Aug. 29.

The delay in funding, combined with questions about how the levees will be rebuilt, delays in the release of flood maps, dramatic increases in insurance rates and a shortage of contractors, have “contributed to us not having as much momentum as we should,” Nagin said.

At the same time, Nagin said, New Orleans itself is operating on about a quarter of its pre-Katrina revenue because of the loss of residents and businesses – and its needs have grown tenfold.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20060821-1134-neworleansmayor.html

Did anybody really think that things were going to run smooth in N.O. with 1. Demos running the show and 2. with the O.G. sweet RAY running the show? He is nothing but a gangster crook.

N.O. is the only town bitching about not getting enough when the whole country has sent millions to them, and they still don't have everything rebuilt.

Meanwhile, Mississippi, florida, Alabama, and Texas haven't said so much as a peep about getting funding or blaming everyone else and everything else except mother nature. They just suck it up, clean it up, and rebuild again. They know that they are not forced to live there, and if they want to stay, they must deal with nature's worst. You can't escape it...West Coast has earthquakes, Northwest has rain, rain, & more rain...Southwest has heat that makes it feel like you are on the surface of the sun...midwest has tornadoes, severe thunderstorms with straightline winds, spring flooding, and winters that could knock you on your ass...southeast coast has hurricanes & tropical storms, and New England has extremes on both ends as well.

When Halloween '91 dropped 3.5-4 feet of snow in one night, did we blame the president?

When late summer storms damaged homes and toppled trees, leaving many without utilities for several days last September, did we blame racism? (ok, some did, but i do live in Liberal-sota)

I do want to say that the state and local bureaucracy here is riddiculous. He does have a point there.

The liberal media is foaming at the mouth with the one year anniversary of Katrina.
They will search out as many "victims" as they can find, and "report" how miserable the conditions are.

I do want to say that the state and local bureaucracy here is riddiculous. He does have a point there.

Nagin is an idiot amd you people brought him back. If anyplace needed a Republican leader it was New Orleans but the dumbasses that are ignorant enough to live 20' below sea level just decided to keep more of the same crap.

Just 1 example of his stupidity..... months ago a company in Texas offered to pay the city of New Orleans 100 dollars a car to remove the 1000s of flooded vehicles. This would have provided the service of removal and disposal and the city would have made millions of dollars. Instead, Nagin said no and the city has to hire a company to do the work, last I heard the bill will be over 19 million dollars...... I wonder what the Mayor's cut will be.

Edit:
I know you will demand a link so I offer a snopes .com address, that way you won't be able to claim bias or lies. here ya go.......
http://www.snopes.com/katrina/politics/carcrush.asp

Nagin did come to Houston to open an office to help the jerks return to New Orleans in order to get the highest crime rate in the country again. We in Houston can't wait for this scum to return to their rightful owners in Nawlins.

My post take Nagin's "Chocolate Town" remark to its natural conclusion.

Libs were very silent on his racist comment

Of course, libs are always quiet on liberal racism.

How is that picture racist?

Libs like CC have rules when criticising politicians

If you criticise a black lib you are a racist

If you criticise a female lib you are sexist

If you criticise a white conservative you are a hero

Forum List

Back