Hamas: Iran gave us nothing since 2009, Tehran is a liar

dani67

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2015
iran
Senior Hamas Official Slams Iran in Leaked Recording: Tehran Hasn't Helped Us Since 2009
'All their claims about assistance are lies,' Moussa Abu Marzouk says in private conversation, adds that he doubts Iranian reports that aid vessels sent to Gaza disappeared en route or were seized.

Jack Khoury Jan 31, 2016 10:16 PM
0comments Zen Subscribe now
183 Tweet
3317541399.jpg

Deputy chairman of Hamas' political bureau Moussa Abu Marzouk talks during an interview with Reuters in Cairo, August 9, 2014. Reuters
Gaza is final obstacle in Israel-Turkey reconciliation, but Egypt is caught up in the mix
Israel and Hamas are in an underground race against time in Gaza
A senior Hamas official has attacked Iran over its attitude toward Hamas in a private conversation, saying that Teheran has not helped the group since 2009 and “all their claims about assistance are lies.”
Moussa Abu Marzouk, a member of Hamas’ political bureau, made his remarks to an associate, who recorded them; the comments were reported in the A-Shark Al-Awsat newspaper, which is published in London. The entire recording was also leaked and posted on YouTube.
In the recording, Marzouk says Iran hasn’t given any economic or logistical assistance for years. “They are crafty and play with words; they are very cautious in their diplomatic conduct,” he said. “Since 2009 we’ve gotten nothing from them, and even what our members got was not from them, but from others. All their claims about assistance are lies.”

According to the recording, Marzouk claims that Teheran would make any support it offered conditional on Hamas intervening to help Iran improve its relations with other countries, like Sudan. “They are liars and play with lies,” he said.
The Hamas leader hinted that he doesn’t believe Iranian reports over the years that aid vessels sent to Gaza disappeared en route or were stopped at sea. “Every ship that got lost they claimed was on their way to us. Even when a ship was lost in Nigeria, in Iran they claimed it was bound for Gaza. It’s interesting that all the ships destined for us get seized, and not a single ship reached us,” he told his colleague.
Since the start of the Syrian civil war, when Hamas expressed support for the rebels, diplomatic ties between Iran and Hamas have been nearly severed. A Palestinian source who had spoken to Marzouk in recent months and who heard the recording told Haaretz that he’s heard similar things from him. The source said that Hamas is disappointed by the Iranian attitude, but explained that it stems from Teheran’s assumption that in the end Hamas would prefer to remain under the Sunni Muslim umbrella, in the bosom of Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Despite what Marzouk said, Iz al-Din al-Qassam, Hamas’ military wing, reported on two different occasions last year that it had gotten logistical help from the Iranians. The brigades’ spokesman made such an announcement at the event marking the anniversary of Operation Protective Edge, and at an event marking the anniversary of Hamas’ founding.
Palestinian sources said then that the aid was delivered through Hezbollah, in an effort to pull Hamas back into the Syrian-Iranian axis, but that the Hamas political leaders rejected this effort because of its ramifications for Hamas’ ties with Arab countries, particularly the Persian Gulf states.
read more: Senior Hamas official slams Iran in leaked recording: Tehran hasn't helped us since 2009 - Middle East News
Senior Hamas official slams Iran in leaked recording: Tehran hasn't helped us since 2009 - Middle East News

ehran Hasn't Helped Us Since 2009 - Haaretz
www.haaretz.com › Middle East News
ش - Senior Hamas Official Slams Iran in Leaked Recording: Tehran Hasn't ... saying that Teheran has not helped the group since 2009 and “all their ...
Hamas: Iran gave us nothing since 2009, Tehran is a liar
rudaw.net/english/middleeast/01022016

- Hamas: Iran gave us nothing since 2009, Tehran is a liar ... It is our heart that does not let us to backstab somebody who "helped" us just ...

What is your opinion?

I know yours, Penny and we are not on the same side. If Iran is trying to go respectable...at least for a while...then dumping Hamas is a good move. Frankly I think Iran considers money given to Hamas to be a waste;

In Hamas’s embrace of Sunni Saudi Arabia, a slap to Iran

Hamas has probably gone cap in hand to the Saudis, if reports are correct, because Iran funds dried up. I'd like to see Peace in the ME, but that will only happen if the Pals get some wisdom among its leaders. I haven't seen any wise decisions by Hamas yet. The Pals desperately need a real leader; one that Hamas would most probably murder.

Greg

My opinion is I'm not sure, I last heard Hamas leader was in Qatar. Your right, I am on the Palestinian side most of the time. I do agree the Palestinians do need different leaders, Israel also.

Dani67 - can we get your opinion on this.

My opinion is I'm not sure, I last heard Hamas leader was in Qatar. Your right, I am on the Palestinian side most of the time. I do agree the Palestinians do need different leaders, Israel also.

what is your opinion about ......?
palestine is very important for iran regime. you think why?
you think its for god sake
you think its for religious idiology
or ??

or ??

Proxy against Israel

or ??

Proxy against Israel

why proxy against israel?
you think its for religious ideology?

i agree too

or ??

Proxy against Israel

I suppose you could call it a religious ideology, I just call it hatred. I don't understand why they just can't leave Israel alone but it's been going on for centuries and will continue to go on. Eventually it will come to a head and God help us all

i agree too

I suppose you could call it a religious ideology, I just call it hatred. I don't understand why they just can't leave Israel alone but it's been going on for centuries and will continue to go on. Eventually it will come to a head and God help us all

or ??

Proxy against Israel

[/QUOTE]

Given you are an anti Semite your comments mean little to me. Sorry but Israel has every tight to exist, their enemies keep messing with the alligator they are going to get bit. It's inevitable.

or ??

Proxy against Israel

i dont believe hatred or ideology.its just game.remember iran-contra

im living with this mullah in iran.believe me.they have liberal life more than your democrats.
they have mercedenz benz and bmw
they have expensive house with big pool
bussiness or bank system is based on liberalism and capitalism in iran
i dont know you understand my point or no because of bad english
they dont care about palestinis or anti semitic ideology............
they are just bussinessman and politican.chineese killing moslem too in china.
but regime dont care

israel is just hostage for mullah.they can saving regime by israel ...........
you think why usa never attacked iran ?

or ??

Proxy against Israel

i dont believe hatred or ideology.its just game.remember iran-contra

im living with this mullah in iran.believe me.they have liberal life more than your democrats.
they have mercedenz benz and bmw
they have expensive house with big pool
bussiness or bank system is based on liberalism and capitalism in iran
i dont know you understand my point or no because of bad english
they dont care about palestinis or anti semitic ideology............
they are just bussinessman and politican.chineese killing moslem too in china.
but regime dont care

israel is just hostage for mullah.they can saving regime by israel ...........
you think why usa never attacked iran ?

I don't know Dani, unlike you I don't live there and I trust very little news that comes from there. But like I said eventually it's going to come to a head and it's going to be ugly

Forum List

Back