halloween hate crime

Trigg

Oct 26, 2004
midwest
Interresting article about the media coverage of the white girls beaten by a group of blacks.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/long-beach-hate-crime/15346/

Last Halloween in the Bixby Knolls neighborhood of Long Beach, where neighbors put on a lavish fright fest each year, three young women left a haunted house and found themselves caught in a street brawl with a crowd of teenagers. By melee’s end, one woman’s face was fractured in 12 spots, her teeth were broken and she’d suffered partial loss of sight in one eye. Two of the women suffered brain concussions and assorted broken bones after being kicked, punched and even struck by a skateboard wielded as a weapon.

The story broke on November 3, when local Web site editor William Pearl scooped other media on LBReport.com, quoting Long Beach police spokeswoman Jacqueline Bezart as saying a crowd of black attackers hurled racial taunts (“White bitches!” “We hate whites!”) at the young women, and the police were pursuing it as a hate crime.

But the racial controversies simmering just below the surface didn’t hit national airwaves until November 29. That day, on National Public Radio’s News & Notes, a show touting an “African-American perspective,” Farai Chideya asked three prominent black guests whether, in fact, blacks can be blamed for hate crimes at all.

Of course its not a hate crime. Blacks are free to roam around beating any white people up they want. They aren't responsible for their own actions, whites are responsible for it since they oppressed blacks for so long.

:rolleyes:

I think "hate crimes" are a bunch of crap to begin with. It adds to the "political correctness" that is eating a hole in our culture.
Are there any "kindness crimes"?

I think "hate crimes" are a bunch of crap to begin with. It adds to the "political correctness" that is eating a hole in our culture.

Of course there are "kindness" crimes ... assisted suicide, for one. Some would argue that abortion is a "kindness" crime. Personally, I think the current federal welfare agenda is a kindness crime.

I happen to agree with you. Anytime there is a murder it's done because of hate.
What bothers me is this reporter actually asked if "blacks can be blamed for hate crimes", that goes right along with "blacks can't be racist". Anyone can be racist no matter what color.

But the racial controversies simmering just below the surface didn’t hit national airwaves until November 29. That day, on National Public Radio’s News & Notes, a show touting an “African-American perspective,” Farai Chideya asked three prominent black guests whether, in fact, blacks can be blamed for hate crimes at all.

I actually heard much of this show. It was AMAZING. The absolute and total ARROGANCE of the speakers was causing me to want to rip my steering wheel off. One guest, I think a white woman (it's, uh, a black-focused show...) had only one complaint: that the WHITES responded by calling the blacks "animals." THAT was apparantly the bad thing that happened. I might ask, "well, weren't they?", but I suppose that would be "racist."

By the way, if NPR has "News and Notes" for blacks and "Latino USA" for Hispanics, what do whites get?

PROBATION :mad:

No riots in the streets, No lawyers screaming racism, NO NOTHING! sad.

- Victims speak in Long Beach hate-crime case
- Eight guilty of hate crime in Long Beach beating
A judge Friday sentenced four black teenagers to probation and 60 days of house arrest for their roles in the mob beatings of three white women on Halloween night, evoking tears of joy among the defendants and their relatives and gasps of indignation among the victims' families.

"Juvenile Court is a joke," said Barbara Schneider outside the Long Beach courthouse as her daughter Laura, who suffered a concussion during the attack, sobbed next to her.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Andrea Bouas had asked for nine months in probation camp for three of the teenagers. Her jaw dropped when Judge Gibson Lee gave the first defendant probation, and as the hearings went on, she choked up, wiping her eyes with tissue.

Despite testimony that their involvement in the beatings varied, Lee handed identical sentences of probation, house arrest and 250 hours of community service to Anthony and Antoinette Ross, twins who turned 18 during the trial; to their 16-year-old sister; and to another 16-year-old described during the trial as Anthony's girlfriend.

Another five teenagers convicted in the case are scheduled to be sentenced beginning Monday morning in the Superior Court. They have spent 95 days in custody.

PROBATION :mad:

No riots in the streets, No lawyers screaming racism, NO NOTHING! sad.

- Victims speak in Long Beach hate-crime case
- Eight guilty of hate crime in Long Beach beating
A judge Friday sentenced four black teenagers to probation and 60 days of house arrest for their roles in the mob beatings of three white women on Halloween night, evoking tears of joy among the defendants and their relatives and gasps of indignation among the victims' families.

"Juvenile Court is a joke," said Barbara Schneider outside the Long Beach courthouse as her daughter Laura, who suffered a concussion during the attack, sobbed next to her.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Andrea Bouas had asked for nine months in probation camp for three of the teenagers. Her jaw dropped when Judge Gibson Lee gave the first defendant probation, and as the hearings went on, she choked up, wiping her eyes with tissue.

Despite testimony that their involvement in the beatings varied, Lee handed identical sentences of probation, house arrest and 250 hours of community service to Anthony and Antoinette Ross, twins who turned 18 during the trial; to their 16-year-old sister; and to another 16-year-old described during the trial as Anthony's girlfriend.

Another five teenagers convicted in the case are scheduled to be sentenced beginning Monday morning in the Superior Court. They have spent 95 days in custody.

I personally do not like the idea of 'hate crimes', seems way redundant and just another area to selectively prosecute. With that said, the violence itself seems to make the findings unfair.

I personally do not like the idea of 'hate crimes', seems way redundant and just another area to selectively prosecute. With that said, the violence itself seems to make the findings unfair.

I don't like the hate crime legislation either.

These kids could have easily killed the three women, it's disgusting that they only received probation.

I don't like the hate crime legislation either.

These kids could have easily killed the three women, it's disgusting that they only received probation.
Ageed. They certainly should have had to undergo 'diversity education' don't you think?

Forum List

Back