Hall of Famer Gale Sayers died. R.I.P. Kansas Comet

RIP Mr. Sayers....

You were a fantastic athlete and I enjoyed your style.

Much appreciate the good times and inspiration.

"If you wish to see perfection as a running back, you had best get a hold of a film of Gale Sayers...his like will never be seen again" Bears founder George Halas said when he presented Gale Sayers at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1977.

with other Bear running back Brian Piccolo, they were the first interracial roommates in the history of the NFL.

Sayers won the NFL Courage Award and gave it to his friend Brian who was dying of cancer.

I remember his name mostly from the movie Brian’s song which focused on his friendship with fellow teammate Brian Piccolo
I remember what a sad and touching movie it was,in the beginning of the movie,Sayers got seriously hurt so at first I was thinking sayers was Brian,that he was the one that would die later on,I knew nothing about either of them at the time not knowing which was which only knowing the story in advance that one of them died before the movie was over,

that must have been hard on sayers the first several years when he lost his good friend Brian to cancer. That was so long ago that Brian died I did not even know sayers was still around after all these years later.I figured he died years ago especially sense Walter Payton who played long after him died a long time ago as well

rip

Sayers made Barry Sanders look like he was slogging through ankle deep mud when he played.
And Barry Sanders was a really great running back.

Forum List

Back